Connecting Amazon Fire Stick to Onkyo TX NR626 receiver

Bresus

Hello all,

I have connected my Samsung TV / Speakers / DVD / etc. to an Onkyo TX NR626 A/V receiver.

Recently I got an Amazon Fire stick and when I connected it to the TV, I was not able to get the sound on the speakers - this article (https://positek.net/firestick-theater/) suggested that I connect the Fire stick directly to the receiver instead of the TV. However, there is a caveat when it says

Many older receivers cannot send video from HDMI inputs to the receivers speakers, but only to the TV. Even if your receiver has HDMI inputs, you need to check the manual to see if theyre only passthrough ports (to the HDMI output port).​

Can anyone guide if Onkyo TR 626 is one the 'older' receiver?

If not can someone pls guide me how to connect the Amazon Fire stick to the Onkyo TX NR626 receiver?

I would need to connect the Amazon Fire stick to one of the HDMI In ports, but which one? I tried port number 6 (which does not have any specific device assigned to it), but then I am not able to figure out how to select that 'In' port on the receiver or via the remote.

When I connected the Fire stick to one of the other ports (PC or Game or CBL/SAT), I was able to get the video on the TV, but not the Audio.

Any inputs on what I need to do set up the Fire Stick with my receiver?

I believe the last option is to connect the Fire stick to the TV and then run an Optical cable from my TV to the receiver, but would much rather prefer to connect it directly to the receiver.

Thanks!

You can connect to any hdmi input, I prefer a DVD CD as it makes play pause buttons work on remote then cbl/sat Input

Anyhow for the audio u need to setup the Input assignments, refer below link

TX-NR646

PS my receiver is denon and I connected same way fire stick goes to receiver and receiver to tv

You can connect to any hdmi input, I prefer a DVD CD as it makes play pause buttons work on remote then cbl/sat Input

Anyhow for the audio u need to setup the Input assignments, refer below link

TX-NR646

PS my receiver is denon and I connected same way fire stick goes to receiver and receiver to tv
Thanks; will try this out.... As I already have my DVD and Cable connected, would prefer to use an empty slot.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back