Connecting JBL Flip 3 to Windows 7

shredder

Hi
This is not actually a query but a solution to a problem that I faced. Just posting here in case any of you face a similar issue.

I recently got hold of a JBL Flip 3. It has a big sound in a very small package. For those not familiar with the Flip 3, it is one of those portable bluetooth speakers. And if you are hearing it for the first time it is difficult to believe that such a tiny thing can produce such a loud sound. And it is "splash-proof" too. However, this is not a review of the Flip 3 though I will be glad to answer any questions that anyone may have.

The Flip 3 paired just fine with my phone. The problem was when trying to pair it with my laptop running Windows 7. Windows immediately recognized it as "Flip 3" and then looked for the device drivers online. This is where the problem started. The drivers could not be found online. The device was listed under "Devices and Printers" but there was no way to actually connect the speakers. A look at the manual that came with the Flip 3 advised referring to JBL website's FAQs for pairing the device with Windows 7 & 8. I did not find anything in the website's FAQ that addressed the issue (but then that may be just me). A google search did not turn up anything helpful either. To cut a long story short, I ultimately managed to connect the Flip 3 to my laptop running Windows 7. Here is how I did it.....

Assuming that you have already connected the Flip 3 to the laptop. Click on the Start button (button with Windows logo at bottom left). Then click on "Devices and Printers". You will see the Flip 3 listed as one of the devices. Right click on the "Flip 3" icon and select "Properties". In the window that opens click on the "Services" tab. There will be about 7 options listed and by default, the last option "Unknown Service" will be the only one selected. Un-select it (by clicking on it) and select the "Audio Sink" option. If you want to be able to forward tracks using the buttons on the device then select the "Remote Control" and "Remotely Controllable Device" options. Click the "Apply" option.
Now go to the Flip 3 icon under "Devices and Printers". Double click the icon. A window will open with the option to "Connect" the device. Click on the "Connect" button. Enjoy!!!:)
(PS: You may have to restart Windows for the changes to take effect)

Last edited:
The services you listed, if the drivers are installed correctly, will/should be auto selected by default, all of them. If they were not; some issue with the drivers ... I have JBL Charge 2+ BTW

The services you listed, if the drivers are installed correctly, will/should be auto selected by default, all of them. If they were not; some issue with the drivers ... I have JBL Charge 2+ BTW

You are right. However, the drivers could NOT be installed correctly in Windows 7 despite repeated attempts, which is why I had to go the roundabout route.
Enjoy the JBL Charge 2+. It has an even more powerful sound than the Flip 3. BTW you got it for a great price. 6K for a Charge 2+ is a steal.

i have a windows 10 self built PC. No luck so far in connecting. Windows 10 does not require drivers to be downloaded. Flip 3 connects easily to phones and tablets. But not to windows 10 pc. and no literature anywhere on how to get this to work...

ye hi guys ehhh this doesnt work form me i have there only 2 options (i have jbl flip3 SE) i know this is a old one but can u please help me ? i have only: sound sink and remote device

Last edited:
Thank you so much i've been trying this 5 hours to do it you helped me a lot thanks
Hi
This is not actually a query but a solution to a problem that I faced. Just posting here in case any of you face a similar issue.

I recently got hold of a JBL Flip 3. It has a big sound in a very small package. For those not familiar with the Flip 3, it is one of those portable bluetooth speakers. And if you are hearing it for the first time it is difficult to believe that such a tiny thing can produce such a loud sound. And it is "splash-proof" too. However, this is not a review of the Flip 3 though I will be glad to answer any questions that anyone may have.

The Flip 3 paired just fine with my phone. The problem was when trying to pair it with my laptop running Windows 7. Windows immediately recognized it as "Flip 3" and then looked for the device drivers online. This is where the problem started. The drivers could not be found online. The device was listed under "Devices and Printers" but there was no way to actually connect the speakers. A look at the manual that came with the Flip 3 advised referring to JBL website's FAQs for pairing the device with Windows 7 & 8. I did not find anything in the website's FAQ that addressed the issue (but then that may be just me). A google search did not turn up anything helpful either. To cut a long story short, I ultimately managed to connect the Flip 3 to my laptop running Windows 7. Here is how I did it.....

Assuming that you have already connected the Flip 3 to the laptop. Click on the Start button (button with Windows logo at bottom left). Then click on "Devices and Printers". You will see the Flip 3 listed as one of the devices. Right click on the "Flip 3" icon and select "Properties". In the window that opens click on the "Services" tab. There will be about 7 options listed and by default, the last option "Unknown Service" will be the only one selected. Un-select it (by clicking on it) and select the "Audio Sink" option. If you want to be able to forward tracks using the buttons on the device then select the "Remote Control" and "Remotely Controllable Device" options. Click the "Apply" option.
Now go to the Flip 3 icon under "Devices and Printers". Double click the icon. A window will open with the option to "Connect" the device. Click on the "Connect" button. Enjoy!!!:)

Hi

Hi,
Not working for me!
I did all the above twice but don't get the "Connect" option window...?
Any ideas why?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back