Connecting marantz mcr610 subwoofer and line out

santosh4

Hi All,

I am thinking of buying marantz mcr610 but my question is , 610 has line out and a subwoofer out. So If I connect subwoofer to subwoofer out and line out to a NAD 375bee power amplifier, and If I increase volume in the NAD, it will not increase in the sub out, so how to deal with it.

So Sub out will not be useful unless you have the option in the power amplifier right?

Leaving it open to the forum

Hi All,

I am thinking of buying marantz mcr610 but my question is , 610 has line out and a subwoofer out. So If I connect subwoofer to subwoofer out and line out to a NAD 375bee power amplifier, and If I increase volume in the NAD, it will not increase in the sub out, so how to deal with it.

So Sub out will not be useful unless you have the option in the power amplifier right?

Leaving it open to the forum

The sub-out will be connected to a active subwoofer amplifer right so the control of volume will happen on the subwoofer amp and the MCR610 will not have the control. Thats the idea of having a active subwoofer rather than passive ones which normally comes in the all-in systems.

Moreover the Line Out on the Marantz is not a 'pre out' and so can not be taken directly to a power amp, it is just an audio out.

When you connect the 'sub out' to an active subwoofer, that will take care of the volume for you.

I dint get that what is difference in preout and the one in marantz why cant i connect to the power amp?

I dint get that what is difference in preout and the one in marantz why cant i connect to the power amp?

All integrated amps have pre amp and power amp sections. Only they are in a single cabinet.
If the integrated amp has a pre out, this is from the pre amp section and can be connected to a separate power amp.

Line out needs to be connected to an integrated amp or a pre amp.
This will mean you will use the 610 only as a player.

Rear of an Arcam A70 integrated amp.
24y5pmo.jpg

From the manual of the same amp:
The distinction between PRE OUT, LINE OUT and RECORD OUT output types is subtle but important.
PRE OUT: This is the output that should be connected to your power amplifier. The output level varies
with the volume control.
LINE OUT: This output is taken before the volume control, i.e., the source being listened to is routed
directly to this output. If you wish, this output may be connected to a recording device, such
as a cassette recorder. Under no circumstances should this output be connected to a power
amplifier.
RECORD OUT: The output from the RECORD OUT connectors is dependent on the configuation of
the amplifier. Full instructions for this output are given on page 7; briefly, if the amplifier
is configured to REC SOURCE, then this output will carry the same signal as the LINE OUT
connection. If the amplifier is configured so that you are recording a different source than the
one you are listening to, then the RECORD OUT connections will carry the source being recorded.

All integrated amps have pre amp and power amp sections. Only they are in a single cabinet.
If the integrated amp has a pre out, this is from the pre amp section and can be connected to a separate power amp.

Line out needs to be connected to an integrated amp or a pre amp.
This will mean you will use the 610 only as a player.

Rear of an Arcam A70 integrated amp.
24y5pmo.jpg

From the manual of the same amp:
It's a question regarding Rec out and Line out. Can we use Rec out from an integrated amplifier to send signal to another integrated amplifier or active speaker. Hope there will be no harm to the preamp sec of the other/second integrated amplifier or the active speaker. I have seen that REC out the signal is consistent with considerable volume. There must be a difference between Line out and Rec out, which is more safe for the kind of connection I am talking about.

Note: Please note that this "REC out" I am talking about is the same type like vintage amplifiers or Tape deck that was primarily used for recording.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back