Connecting Marantz pm6005 and svs Pc 12plus

sree0320

I have gone through enough connecting stereo to sub but here I want to connect speaker B on amp to sub XLR balanced inputs.
Is balanced xlr connectors are available? I couldn't find any on sites. May be I have to go for any diy sellers. Please suggest any.

Anyone done the same or used svs Pc 12 plus in stereo setup?
I think I need this cable?
63bed2e4dd72e7dfba66fc743aafba48.jpg

Where to get the XLR ends?

Last edited:
They are available from mx and Chinese sellers. I have used a few.you will have to make your own diy cable. The above cable has xlr to spade connectors. They can also be purchased from audiocrafts and diyaudiokart.

Beware that there are variations of xlr connectors, 3 pin 4 pin male and female, ascertain which ones you need before buying. The mx ones cost around 125 bucks.

Yes I need the female and I have cross checked once on my svs sub before placing order on amazon. It is 150/- per piece.

Now the frequent question( I guess so ). How to avoid the low end frequency from towers as we are connecting the speaker B to the sub?
Yesterday I have connected the Speaker B to the speaker level inputs on wharfedale sw150( absent on svs Pc 12 plus which is main subject). I have observed the low frequencies from towers spoiling the SQ.
Any solution please?

Image for reference
17647f0ef9fabfa22beb2818cd255c8d.jpg

Last edited:
You cannot connect the speaker-level output on the Marantz to the XLR input on the PC12-Plus, it will damage the amplifier. *Its not just the connectors, the signal levels are vastly different.

Youd need a speaker-to-line level converter like this one between the speaker terminals on the Marantz and the RCA inputs on the PC12-Plus:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-LVQ8wG...-1-2-Speaker-level-to-Line-level-Adapter.html

The PC12-Plus cannot accept a speaker-level signal at all, whether in Normal or High mode. The High level mode is for higher-output line-level devices like pro mixers but cannot accept a speaker-level signal.

This was the answer I got from svs customer service. So anyone is in same league.
Please please please respond guys

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back