Connecting NAD 326BEE to Asus Xonar Essence STX

rainscience

Hello everyone. I've recently changed my sound card from Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio to Asus Xonar Essence STX.
With my old sound card, NAD was simply connected from two Media Player inputs (2xRCA) to 3.5mm jack, which went into Line 1 of Creative sound card.
I'm a little bit confused, how should it be connected now? Do I need the 2xRCA-2xRCA cable now, to connect those into Front Right Out and Front Left Out of the Xonar sound card? Or some other way? Help, please.

With the STX, you need a pair of RCA to RCA interconnects. The STX is a 2-channel card, and there are only two RCA connectors on it, so there should be no confusion as where to connect the interconnects. One end of each interconnect goes into the STX and the other end goes into one of the inputs on the NAD326 (of the same colour).

Thanks for your reply, it clarifies the situation. I thought the same, just needed to be sure.
I don't have this cable right now, I'll be able to buy one tomorrow.
How relevant to the sound quality is the brand/price of the cable? I'm not sure I can buy an expensive one. I had a Bandridge one with previous sound card, I can buy 2RCA-2RCA of the same brand. Do you think it's fine? Or should I look for something more expensive?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back