Connecting Pioneer CS-722 Speakers to Pioneer MCS 333 5.1 Surround

marde_08

Hello! I am a newbie in audio setup's. I once had this kind of setup: Sansui-707 connected to my Pioneer CS-722 Speakers. Unfortunately, the Sansui amplifier is no longer functional. I am wondering how to configure a setup using my vintage speakers (Pioneer CS-722) to be integrated to my newly acquired Pioneer MCS-333 5.1 Surround System. Is this possible? Appreciate your help and suggestions. Thanks!

Hello! I am a newbie in audio setup's. I once had this kind of setup: Sansui-707 connected to my Pioneer CS-722 Speakers. Unfortunately, the Sansui amplifier is no longer functional. I am wondering how to configure a setup using my vintage speakers (Pioneer CS-722) to be integrated to my newly acquired Pioneer MCS-333 5.1 Surround System. Is this possible? Appreciate your help and suggestions. Thanks!

Per the specs of Pioneer MCS 333, your amplifier inside the unit is not capable of handling a good Bookshelf speaker like Pionner CS 722... They are designed to handle only sateliite speakers...

You look for any stereo amplifier/stereo receiver to make use of that speaker...

I was kinda expecting it too, but I'm not sure at first. Thanks. I will try to revive my Sansui amplifier if possible. Hopefully I can find a good technician who can fix it. The MCS 33 still cannot beat the sound produced by the Sansui-CS722 setup. Any suggestion for a budget-friendly Brand/Model of amplifier/stereo receiver that can work well with the CS 722?

For curiosity's sake, though, what will happen if I try connecting the speaker(CS 722) to the MCS 333?

Last edited:
I was kinda expecting it too, but I'm not sure at first. Thanks. I will try to revive my Sansui amplifier if possible. Hopefully I can find a good technician who can fix it. The MCS 33 still cannot beat the sound produced by the Sansui-CS722 setup. Any suggestion for a budget-friendly Brand/Model of amplifier/stereo receiver that can work well with the CS 722?

For curiosity's sake, though, what will happen if I try connecting the speaker(CS 722) to the MCS 333?

Your MCS 333 is under-powered to drive your BS... So you will have turn up volume on your MCS333 which may eventually lead to blowing up the tweeter of the BS....

Your location says Philippines...No idea what is locally aval there...Try any stereo amp from Onkyo/Yamaha/Denon (or) what works in your budget...

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back