Connecting Soundcard to Receiver...Advise needed

srijith

Hello Everybody,

I have recently bought Denon 1312 and KEF Q300 + KEF C4 sub.

I have heard KEF Q300 on denon 1912 and iam sure it can perform a lot better than whats its doing now.

I have Audigy 2ZS soundcard from creative and it has a digital out

Document.jsp

Can you guys please advise on how to connect my soundcard to AVR Denon1312.

Cheers
Sree

Which digital connection is available in your sound card - coaxial or optical?
Connect the digital out to the matching digital input of your avr. Then assign this digital input to one of the AVR inputs like DVD.

Hi

I had a look at my soundcard and found its just mentioned "digital" really not sure which one it is..optical or coaxial.

i searched a forum where it was mentioned that it was 3.5 mm spdif.

iam attaching the pic of my soundcard for reference that will make matter clearer.

800pxsoundblasteraudigy.jpg

PLease let me know. I have Denon 1312.

Regards,
Srijith Ramachandran

Hi

I had a look at my soundcard and found its just mentioned "digital" really not sure which one it is..optical or coaxial.

i searched a forum where it was mentioned that it was 3.5 mm spdif.

iam attaching the pic of my soundcard for reference that will make matter clearer.

PLease let me know. I have Denon 1312.

Regards,
Srijith Ramachandran
The last 3.5mm jack labeled "Digital Out" is the S/PDIF coaxial output. Its a mono 3.5mm jack. Get a 3.5mm to RCA adapter and use it with a coaxial cable. Connect it to the coaxial input in Denon 1312. That's it.

Here is a pic of a 3.5mm to RCA adapter.

zOn0k.jpg

Thanks All for all the help.

I will try to get the coaxial connection done

But the way the when iam running Denon 1312 in stereo mode, i find the trebles lacking . when i auditioned 1912 with KEF Q100 the trebles were great and the guy at profx told me i would find the same quality at my home, but i was disappointed at first when i installed 1312 at my home with even better KEF Q300 and kEF C4 sub.

could you please tell me what might be the problem. Is there a vast difference in terms of quality between 1912 and 1312. The guy at Profx told me at the time of audition that i would get the same sound effect what iam listening now.
The channel separation in stereo mode in 1912 was lot better and i could hear the trebles more clearly.when i asked them about the trebles why is it lacking they tols me its because the speakers are new and would take time for the diaframe to get relaxed and then you will get the optimum performance. is it really true?

hence i have decided to connect the amp to my computer whic has Audigy sound card. I think that will make a heck of a difference. What do you think guys?

Regards,
Sreee

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back