Connecting speakers to DISH TV Set Top Box

vishy7dm

Hi,

I have recently got TruHD+ (with recorder) installed with 32LS3400 LG LED.

However, I want to connect my BOSE Companion 20 series speakers to the SET TOP Box.

I noticed from the user manual that Optical SPDIF cable (used for connecting Home Theater System) is required at the SET TOP Box side. However my BOSE speakers have a 3.5 mm Jack.

I reckon that a adapter (optical SPDIF to 3.5 mm Jack) would be required.

Just wanted to know if I am on the right path and if Audio out from the SET TOP Box could be directed to speakers.

Appreciate your expert comments on this.

Best,
Vishy.

Before buying optical converter, check if the stb can send audio through the LR RCA ports (AV out). Use a 2RCA to 3.5mm cable to connect to the speakers.

Hi,

I have recently got TruHD+ (with recorder) installed with 32LS3400 LG LED.

However, I want to connect my BOSE Companion 20 series speakers to the SET TOP Box.

I noticed from the user manual that Optical SPDIF cable (used for connecting Home Theater System) is required at the SET TOP Box side. However my BOSE speakers have a 3.5 mm Jack.

I reckon that a adapter (optical SPDIF to 3.5 mm Jack) would be required.

Just wanted to know if I am on the right path and if Audio out from the SET TOP Box could be directed to speakers.

Appreciate your expert comments on this.

Best,
Vishy.

The other alternative is to connect the TV audio out to speakers

32 LS3400 LG LED somehow doesn't have any Audio out that could be connected to speakers. it has one HDMI port. Checked some posts./net that list this as major disadvantage.

Only option is taking dish TV Audio out to speakers. tried all combinations with dish STB with RCA component cable (adapter 2 RCA-> 3.5 mm jack) but dint work.
Dish optical cable is given to take Audio out to Home theatre systems. So think that's the only option left.

btw where to buy optical to 3.5 jack adapter in NCR/Delhi?

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back