connector solution for projector and home theater

anilkumar1261

Dear all,

After looking for the right advise in various AV showrooms in Delhi, I finally found this site. hopefully, I will be able to get the right advice here.

I basically have a Panasonic AX 200 projector, a Bose Cinemate 210 speaker system and an old Philips DVD player.

Currently, all of these are connected with the simple coaxial cables (red, white and yellow ones) where the picture and sound quality is not that great.

I am contemplating buying a blu ray player and investing in HDMI cables. I have three questions.

1-What blu ray player to be considered? I heard sony launched a 12k player recently. how good that is?

2-Since the projector and the home theater system are at the opposite sides of the room, how to connect with an HDMI cable? All shops seem to have 1 meter and 3 meter cables, which can't run across the length of the room.

3-Can you suggest any good places in Delhi to buy these? Also, will it be any good if I bought them from Bangkok, since I am scheduled to travel there.

Thanks so much in advance.

Eagerly waiting for your responses.

Anil

1-What blu ray player to be considered? I heard sony launched a 12k player recently. how good that is?

If you can afford it, the best Blu-Ray players are made by Oppo. For Sony, please check this thread.

2-Since the projector and the home theater system are at the opposite sides of the room, how to connect with an HDMI cable? All shops seem to have 1 meter and 3 meter cables, which can't run across the length of the room.

You have to order for long lengths. Any AV shop should be able to help you.

Cheers

HDMI cables are also availiable in the lenghts of 5M, 8M, 10M and 15M from various Brands like DAC, Daiyo, Supra, QED, Chord and Profigold and ranges from 5K to 20K. Whats the lenght you desire and how much are you willing to spend? will help you in deciding the brand and cable.

You need to connect BDp HDMI with Video out & sound with analoge OR spdf if digital input present.
HD-aud may not be posssible unless you go for HD-AVR.

HDMI cables are also availiable in the lenghts of 5M, 8M, 10M and 15M from various Brands like DAC, Daiyo, Supra, QED, Chord and Profigold and ranges from 5K to 20K. Whats the lenght you desire and how much are you willing to spend? will help you in deciding the brand and cable.

Hi, i bought a small HDMI cable from Croma store today to try it out with the player. i am not sure where to buy Oppo player in Delhi. Hoping to get it from Bangkok next week. If I buy the player from Bangkok, anything that I need to keep in mind?

Hi,

I bought the OPPO BD 83 from Bangkok two days ago. Plugged it in with the panasonic AT200 projector and cinemate GS audio system from Bose. The DVD quality improved drastically!

Am gonna try the Blu rays next.

The Cinemate only has the analog or optical input. Which one should I use?

Thanks.

Congratulations, the BD83 is an excellent buy.

I am assuming you are referring to digital coaxial or optical. You can use either.

Cheers

Hi,

I was referring to the analog vs optical. Which one to use with OPPO to connect to the BOSE cinemate. Oppo's manual suggests that analog is better if HDMI 1.3 option is not there, but I am not sure.

Pl advise.

anil

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back