Cooling Fan for Amplifier

I tried my 2008 model laptop cooler made by Cooler Master called the Notepal. It turned to be quite ineffective. I felt the receiver was running warmer with the cooler in place. The Notepal I have works very well for cooling down my AMD Athlon X2 based laptop. It is dual fan and I tried using it as a exhaust unit by placing it over the receiver. I powered the fan through the rear USB port on the receiver which is reserved for the wireless adapter which I do not own. Though the cooler is twin fan, I found the rpm's insufficient to draw air through the receivers cramped internals. I could hardly feel any air coming out from the cooler. Tried it for half an hour and found the receiver running warmer than normal. I thought a cooler would help as the receiver is placed in a closed cabinet. The cabinet provides over 10 inches of breathing space around the receiver and on top and I keep the cabinet door wide open during receiver operation. With this arrangement, I no longer need a cooler. I believe a cooler with a 200mm single fan unit will be more effective.

I have the same situation of the AVR placed in a rack closed on 5 sides. This is what I use . Placed on top of AVR, it sucks out the hot air. Since it is inclined towards front, it makes it easy for front exhaust. Though its big, its quite silent. I just plug it to the front USB port of Yamaha AVR. Since you dont have USB, you can buy something like this. With the fan on top of it, my AVR runs cool even after extended use at moderate to high volumes, even in summer.

Those two links aren't loading anymore. Could you please share a pic or any leads on that specific cooling fan as I'm desperately on the look out for a cooling system for my class A amp which runs boiling hot.

These fans are currently not available maybe due to the Covid19 situation on Amazon . But availability can be checked later. Pls do check user reviews, their sizes, plug points or usb compatability for their power before buying. These are supposed to be very quiet in operation & meant for HT use.

These fans are currently not available maybe due to the Covid19 situation on Amazon . But availability can be checked later. Pls do check user reviews, their sizes, plug points or usb compatability for their power before buying. These are supposed to be very quiet in operation & meant for HT use.

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully once this crisis ends they'll be available on Amazon.in again soon

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully once this crisis ends they'll be available on Amazon.in again soon

Most welcome, these were available earlier since at one point of time I too was contemplating on purchasing them.

I would vote for ACinfinity products.

They are built for this purpose.

I have been using AC Infinity T10 for a year. Excellent performance. It ensures your AVR temperature is under control.

The good thing about it is, it has various speed settings you can use according to your need.

Please don't buy it locally, it's heavily priced. See if it can be carried from USA. You can save a lot.

Those two links aren't loading anymore. Could you please share a pic or any leads on that specific cooling fan as I'm desperately on the look out for a cooling system for my class A amp which runs boiling hot.
Is it inside a cabinet?
Simple Plate fans in push-pull config should be able to get you a good temperature drop

Is it inside a cabinet?
Simple Plate fans in push-pull config should be able to get you a good temperature drop
Yes and closed on five sides. Thanks for the suggestion however I'm not looking to install cooling fans for the moment. I have "discovered" the open secret to keep an amp running at normal temp/cool. It is actually common sense which isn't very common. No more playing my gear past 9 o'clock on the dial. :p

Yes and closed on five sides. Thanks for the suggestion however I'm not looking to install cooling fans for the moment. I have "discovered" the open secret to keep an amp running at normal temp/cool. It is actually common sense which isn't very common. No more playing my gear past 9 o'clock on the dial. :p

Or best would be to start playing after 9 pm till late night at low volume when everything is silent. That's when you would enjoy the most.

Or best would be to start playing after 9 pm till late night at low volume when everything is silent. That's when you would enjoy the most.

Everyone can't enjoy this privilege living with neighbors who are awake the whole night straining every tactile sense

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back