Correct delay setting

jitendra_2416

Hi,

My speakers are placed as following distance from the listing position. However, I am not sure how to set the volume level or (delay setting) for the speakers. Please not that I do not have YAPAO .

Front Left 8.0 ft (Tower)
Front right 8.0 ft (Tower)
Center 7.8 ft
Surround L 4.8 FT
Surround R 4.8 ft
Sub - NA

I asked this question because I hardly hear any surround effect from the 5.1 contents. Sometimes even I go and stand near the speakers to check if any sound is coming or . For example, if a car moves from left to right then I should feel that that right? Any help on this would be appreciated .

Thanks,
Jitendra

1) Make sure your source is 5.1. Check "Start wars" or "Mad Max Fury Road" as they have good surround effects
2) Set the distance as per actual
3) Increase the volume level for surrounds and Center
4) Dont worry about delay. set them at 0

There is a test tone feature in the settings. Turn it on and make sure all speakers have the same volume coming out from your listening position. Look for any DB measurement app for your mobile and set it to the same DB levels and then play something and check.

If you want bass absorption, use a rug on the floor. If highs are a problem, get rid of all or cover hard surfaces. Glass/mirror, things need to be out of the way. Bare walls may need some help too. It gets deep and complicated further down the line.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back