Cosmic Cogram coversion

vmscbe1974

Is it possible to covert Cosmic Cogram Mark 2 player to play only 78 rpm records because the 33 rpm speed motor cap is damaged in my player. Which needs no repair but replacement which is hard to get.

So thought if both the 33 and 45 rpm current circuit could be interconnected to play 78 rpm..........

Might sound stupid technically but looking for suggestions since not interested to give away the player. it was my first magnetic player.

Is it possible to covert Cosmic Cogram Mark 2 player to play only 78 rpm records because the 33 rpm speed motor cap is damaged in my player. Which needs no repair but replacement which is hard to get.

So thought if both the 33 and 45 rpm current circuit could be interconnected to play 78 rpm..........

Might sound stupid technically but looking for suggestions since not interested to give away the player. it was my first magnetic player.[/QUOTE
Dear sir,
I don't think it is possible to convert that into a 78 rpm player. I have seen several of these players with speed issues. What I have done is to salvage the arm which is a Jelco tonearm of good quality

Might sound stupid technically but looking for suggestions since not interested to give away the player. it was my first magnetic player.

Srinivasan,
If you are comfortable to change the pcb on motor i can send you motor control board, not required to pay any
Thanks
Raghunadh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the same reason I have with held the unit.

Might sound stupid technically but looking for suggestions since not interested to give away the player. it was my first magnetic player.[/QUOTE
Dear sir,
I don't think it is possible to convert that into a 78 rpm player. I have seen several of these players with speed issues. What I have done is to salvage the arm which is a Jelco tonearm of good quality

I would greatly delighted and humbled if this can be made possible without any potential damage to the motor and coils.

Srinivasan,
If you are comfortable to change the pcb on motor i can send you motor control board, not required to pay any
Thanks
Raghunadh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cosmics MK2 is very much underrated turntable. Good Tonearm, Heavy Platter, Akai Direct Drive Motor, Heavy plinth. May be because of Indian made (semi assembled manufactured) they don't get credit they deserve. I think Akai, JVC and Mitsubshi all made quality direct drive motors for well known brand in those days.
Regards.

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back