Cosmic turntable

Cosmic turntable / MM Cartridge /Preamplifier Suggestions

Dear All
I am highly thankful to all the members of this forum who have helped me a lot by their suggestions.

I have bought my COSMIC 4000 COGRAM DD Turntable from a small roadside shop near Flora Fountain, Bombay. Then I was a layman for the Magnetic Cartridges and about output signals from a turntable.
My turntable is in good condition, might be that fellow at shop has changed the shell with Classic Cartridge with EEI stylus before selling it to me thats why I am not having any specification for that Classic Cartridge 700. But now Analogadikt on this forum has confirmed me regarding the output signal (1MV/CM/SEC 1KHz nominal) from a MM Classic Cartridge 700.

Now I finally come to a conclusion that first I have to change my Magnetic Cartridge with a Audio-Technica Cartridge and to have a Phono-Preamplifier / Phono Amplifier to convert a small output signal (1 to 5 mV) from turntable up to a LINE Level Signal requirement (nearly 140 mV).

Now again I am going to troubling you that kindly suggest me a Store in India specially in Delhi or Bombay so that I may have an original Audio-Technica Cartridge.

Thank you

With kind regards
Dr. M. Kashif

Re: Cosmic turntable / MM Cartridge /Preamplifier Suggestions

Hello Dr Kashif, there are no dealers for Audio-Technica Cartridge in Mumbai or Delhi, checkout Sonodyne service center at Mumbai. Sonodyne Uranus series TT cam with Audio-Technica MMstylus.
I bought Technocs stylus through eBay last year. Right now eBay is selling lot of Audio-Technica stylus but you have to mention the model #

Here is the link: Audio Technica Stylus

Regards,
Anil

Dear All
I am highly thankful to all the members of this forum who have helped me a lot by their suggestions.

I have bought my COSMIC 4000 COGRAM DD Turntable from a small roadside shop near Flora Fountain, Bombay. Then I was a layman for the Magnetic Cartridges and about output signals from a turntable.
My turntable is in good condition, might be that fellow at shop has changed the shell with Classic Cartridge with EEI stylus before selling it to me thats why I am not having any specification for that Classic Cartridge 700. But now Analogadikt on this forum has confirmed me regarding the output signal (1MV/CM/SEC 1KHz nominal) from a MM Classic Cartridge 700.

Now I finally come to a conclusion that first I have to change my Magnetic Cartridge with a Audio-Technica Cartridge and to have a Phono-Preamplifier / Phono Amplifier to convert a small output signal (1 to 5 mV) from turntable up to a LINE Level Signal requirement (nearly 140 mV).

Now again I am going to troubling you that kindly suggest me a Store in India specially in Delhi or Bombay so that I may have an original Audio-Technica Cartridge.

Thank you

With kind regards
Dr. M. Kashif

Dear All

Thank you

With kind regards
Dr. M. Kashif

Dear Dr. Kashif,

Could you please let me know the details of the Shop near Flora Fountain. I am looking for a pre owned TT. Hence the request.

Regards
Suresh

Dear Dr. Kashif,

Could you please let me know the details of the Shop near Flora Fountain. I am looking for a pre owned TT. Hence the request.

Regards
Suresh

Dear Mr. Suresh
When you will start from VT Station towards Flora Fountain by walk (I think that is DN Road) there you will find a State Bank of Bikaner or State Bank of Jaipur ATM Cabin on your left hand side,that shop was on the same hand after few shops next to ATM but not on main road. I cant exactly remind the name of shop but in a day or two I will post the exact address because I think the person has given me a visiting card of him. Although the same old person is no more alive but his siblings are owing that shop and they are not well behaved by their nature.
That old fellow has got a specific page for his collection and Record Player and Records in India Today Magzine of April 2006 (I cant remember the issue of that India Today) .
Dont worry I will search his address and will post on this forum.

Thank you

Regards
M. Kashif

Dear Mr. Suresh
When you will start from VT Station towards Flora Fountain by walk (I think that is DN Road) there you will find a State Bank of Bikaner or State Bank of Jaipur ATM Cabin on your left hand side,that shop was on the same hand after few shops next to ATM but not on main road. I cant exactly remind the name of shop but in a day or two I will post the exact address because I think the person has given me a visiting card of him. Although the same old person is no more alive but his siblings are owing that shop and they are not well behaved by their nature.
That old fellow has got a specific page for his collection and Record Player and Records in India Today Magzine of April 2006 (I cant remember the issue of that India Today) .
Dont worry I will search his address and will post on this forum.

Thank you

Regards
M. Kashif

Dear Dr. Kashif,

Thank you very much. I will hunt there tomorrow.

Best wishes,
Suresh Babu

Re: Cosmic turntable Shop Address at Fountain

Dear Dr. Kashif,

Thank you very much. I will hunt there tomorrow.

Best wishes,
Suresh Babu

Dear Mr. Suresh address of that shop at Bombay is

Past Collections, 317 D.N. Road , Shop No. 23, S.K. Shopping centre, Prospect Chambers, Fountain, Bombay-1

Thank you

With regards
Dr. M. Kashif

Dear Dr. Kashif

I have two Classic 700 carts. The spec sheets state the output sensitivity as 1MV/CM/SEC 1KHz nominal. This is the lowest output I have seen on a mm cart. In fact, it is lower than some HOMC (high output moving coil) cartridges.

If you wish to use this or any other mm (moving magnet) cart with your Ahuja amp, you have to use that phono pre-amp. With the classic 700, the volume control shall probably have to go beyond the 12 O'clock position to get a decent volume.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Analogadikt

Dear Analogadikt

Kindly send me your personal contact (E-mail ID) at my gmail address as
[email protected]

Thank you

With regards

Dr. M. Kashif

Dear Sir

Could anyone give me a suggestion if any cosmic turntable(DD) could be got from chennai? Iam from coimbatore.
Regards
Srinivas

Re: Cosmic turntable Shop Address at Fountain

Dear Mr. Suresh address of that shop at Bombay is

Past Collections, 317 D.N. Road , Shop No. 23, S.K. Shopping centre, Prospect Chambers, Fountain, Bombay-1

Thank you

With regards
Dr. M. Kashif

Dear Dr. Kashif,

On 21st Feb 09, I had gone there but the shop was closed. On enquiry it is learnt that they are not opening the shop regularly.

As my office is located in VT area, I will keep tabs and keep you posted on the developments.

Regards,
Suresh Babu

Dear friends,
I have a Cosmic COGRAM 4000 MK II turntable which I have recently put into use.I request our friends to kindly tell whether this is a versatile TT for regular use.
Thanking you,
Yours friendly,

pksnathan

Hi Nathan !

Amazing, I too have a Cosmic CO-GRAM 4000 DD Mk II turntable which I purchased in the late 80s from the company. The 45 rpm speed control has stopped working but I play only 33 rpm. It plays through a Sony-Orson TA-AX44 amplifier that has been doing duty since 1985.
I have enjoyed the combination....the only issue is getting the EEI D700 Classic stylus replacements. I live in Mumbai.

Hi Nathan !

Amazing, I too have a Cosmic CO-GRAM 4000 DD Mk II turntable which I purchased in the late 80s from the company. The 45 rpm speed control has stopped working but I play only 33 rpm. It plays through a Sony-Orson TA-AX44 amplifier that has been doing duty since 1985.
I have enjoyed the combination....the only issue is getting the EEI D700 Classic stylus replacements. I live in Mumbai.
Hi sir # any idea where can I buy EEi D 700 classic stylus

Hi sir # any idea where can I buy EEi D 700 classic stylus
Don't lag behind that Classic 700 cartridge. It sounds same/similar as now available conical Audio Technica AT3600 costijg 1900 Rs in Mumbai these days

Don't lag behind that Classic 700 cartridge. It sounds same/similar as now available conical Audio Technica AT3600 costijg 1900 Rs in Mumbai these days
If it's possible to share the shop no or dealer no # iam staying in Bangalore sir

Don't lag behind that Classic 700 cartridge. It sounds same/similar as now available conical Audio Technica AT3600

Sorry, but I disagree with this. The AT 3600 is a good entry level cartridge, but the Classic 700 has much more refined sound signature. I have purchased it since 1983, when these were current manufacture and very easily available. With the original eliiptical, high compliance stylus, fitted in a low mass arm and a good phono stage with low noise floor, the Classic 700 is a great cartridge. The negative opinions that are sometimes voiced are because what is available today is mostly fitted with some JUGGAD styli, and even if the stylus is original, matching arm mass is not given much thought.

Regards,

Sorry, but I disagree with this. The AT 3600 is a good entry level cartridge, but the Classic 700 has much more refined sound signature. I have purchased it since 1983, when these were current manufacture and very easily available. With the original eliiptical, high compliance stylus, fitted in a low mass arm and a good phono stage with low noise floor, the Classic 700 is a great cartridge. The negative opinions that are sometimes voiced are because what is available today is mostly fitted with some JUGGAD styli, and even if the stylus is original, matching arm mass is not given much thought.
Any authentic information you can provide sir that the classic original stylus of classic700 was an elliptical one. In my opinion that classic 700 came fitted with a conical stylus.

Any authentic information you can provide sir that the classic original stylus of classic700 was an elliptical one. In my opinion that classic 700 came fitted with a conical stylus.
IMG_20220317_222642413-2304x3072-1152x1536.jpgIMG_20220317_222758569-2048x1536-1024x768.jpg

IMG_20220317_231843387-2048x1536.jpg

You can always call me. You have my number and we have spoken several times.

Regards,

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back