Cove lighting guidance

deep_blues

I’m planning to get some cove lighting done in my guest room / home theatre. Need guidance from someone who’s done it on whats the best way to get it done & what should be bought to achieve the look. I have used both strips as well as rope lights earlier but am not able to get a proper linear (straight) lighting to my satisfaction. Looking for something like pics attached.

Attachments

• E7E02FE8-B78C-40D1-835F-7502D90E7461.jpeg
    E7E02FE8-B78C-40D1-835F-7502D90E7461.jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 25
  • FE2CA43B-EC5C-4F72-BBBB-5859D8F738AB.jpeg
    FE2CA43B-EC5C-4F72-BBBB-5859D8F738AB.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 26
How do you mean "not able to get a proper linear (straight) lighting".
It's in the cove so has to be straight. What's the problem?

Travelling currently so can’t post pics. Cove is straight but I feel that in a few places there’s a slight flare in the light. The last time the electrician attached the led strip to the pvc strip (used for concealing wires) but even then I didn’t get a perfect even look. Want to know if there’s any particular aluminium channel or strip which is to be used. Would appreciate close up pics of what people have used & materials used to give me an idea of where I’m going wrong.

Last edited:
My electrician has put the strips directly in the cove. No PVC casing used.
There is a slight variation in the illumination along the length but nothing I would be concerned about.
I tried to take pics but it doesn't come out very accurately.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back