Cowon Open Box clearance sale

Yeah have heard that Cowon has amazing sound quality.

How is the C2? An expandable memory slot makes it more interesting - making it a total of around 48 GB storage for Rs.6500. Good deal huh?

They have decent DAC I suppose.
Is anyone here using it as a digital transport (I think D3 has SPDIF out)

Which of these will be a good and cheapest FM only player as I am missing the local FM stations from the time got the iPhone 4 as my mobile. Thought of getting the Griffin adapter which enables FM but its so cheap around $7 in US but including shipping/customs to India :mad: I can get this Cowon/IAudio players.

The blurb says:
"The player listed is open box unit used for demo or samples. There are minor scratches on the body of the player. Cowon India will offer a 3 months product functioning warranty (ie. Software/Firmware). As it is used player Lipap Systems will NOT offer any warranty on parts like battery and its life/screen etc. However if there are any issues regarding the software of the player we will fix the same for you free of cost within the 3 month period."

Well spotted. I hadn't read the small print properly at all. "product functioning warranty" hah hah :mad:

I never bought an ex-dem product that didn't have full warranty. If not, it's not ex-dem, it's second-hand, and should be priced accordingly.

I've heard the J3, and it's got a very impressive sound. Plus good video if you dont mind small screens

All Cowons are said to sound the same.

J3 is generally said to be the best player Cowon had released. I have used S9 and it was pretty good as well. I'd think those two along with D3 should be considered ahead of others.

C2 has later day Jet Effects (for EQ), but then it has a resistive touch screen and not a great default UI. X9 has 160GB capacity, but with an open box, it may be a slight risk buying a HDD player.

I am using j3 for past 4 years, it is an excellent .flac player. But stock ear phones are below average.

mano fernando

I have been using A2 for about a decade!

These days it comes off the shelf just a few times a year for plains and trains. It's a brick; the UI is archaic (but wasn't then, of course); but it still plays well.

I had a Cowon C2 16GB player.
It had decent sound quality and loads of sound effects but the software and the touchscreen was very very buggy.
It went back to Amazon after I got terribly frustrated with the missed touchscreen registers and hung screen.
I would suggest stay away from the touchscreen models as Cowon is still not there yet.

I had a Cowon C2 16GB player.
It had decent sound quality and loads of sound effects but the software and the touchscreen was very very buggy.
It went back to Amazon after I got terribly frustrated with the missed touchscreen registers and hung screen.
I would suggest stay away from the touchscreen models as Cowon is still not there yet.

I have owned S9 and now own X9. X9 with the resistive touch screen is as frustrating as C2 was for you.

But S9 was much easier to operate. Granted Cowon's UI was not as smooth as Apple's, one could always find UCI themes on iaudiophile.net to replace them. It was also possible to replace music player, browser stand-alone.

But j3 is capacitor touch and i feel its smooth. And i had a 4th gen ipod and i feel cowon sounds many folds better. And the display is amoled.

manofernando

Call me stupid but I do take some insane risks buying stuff like this off the net :p

Paid for the Cowon C2 16GB a few days back and received it on Monday. Well, my last PMP was the Creative Zen Xtra - with the bulky internal laptop hard drive. And this player blows it away in terms of sound quality! And it even makes my humble Sennheiser CX 200 sound amazing.

I had an unused 32GB micro SD card and have loaded my music on it. It reads it without any issues.

I am sure you guys will have many questions. Ask and I shall try and answer them.

Yes, it came in the original packaging - with the Cowon box etc. I received the USB cable also. And the bundled headphones, haven't tried them. Will today. Yes, there was a minor scratch near the USB port. And as to be expected, the back has some scratches. I can live with all that. :)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back