Croma and E-Zone Mulund Mumbai - NOT Recommended.

nivlacbot

I placed the order for a 5 speaker set - Jamo S 416 HCS. Was promised a sealed box pack within 5 days. I paid the money up-front and waited for it.
On the fifth day, I made a call since I had no communication from their side. I was told "will be delivered tomorrow".
The next day the delivery guy calls up around noon saying that he is mid-way ... from a public phone. So no way of contacting him back... got my relatives who stay in the same building to take the delivery.

When I get back home from work, here is the "sealed box pack". I just clicked a dozen snaps as proof.

IMG_4026.JPG

More images here...
Picasa Web Albums - Gishu - E Zone will p...

Fortunately the speakers inside do not appear to be used or scratched. But I cannot be sure. Hooked up the speakers and they work alright. Called them up a day after... when someone finally picked up the phone, they tried to make me understand that the delivery comes straight from their warehouse.
I let them know I didn't care where it comes from... I expected a brand new piece for the 15K I paid them. He finally assured that no one had come in yet and he would have someone call me back soon...

As expected, the day has ended and no call yet. This is the f* limit..

Earlier I had a @#*& from Croma (Mulund) trying to sell me a privilege card. I asked him if there were any charges, he said No twice. He took some copies of my license and other docs. He was getting me to sign some forms. Finally I noticed a form which authorised Tata to collect 650 bucks as fees from the second year. I called him a liar, told him to stuff it and walked out. I then remembered that he had my docs photocopied.. When I reentered the store I found him crouched over that particular form and this time it had the beginnings of my signature on it... the jackass was forging my signature on it. I yelled a bit.. to my surprise his co-employees at the counter were all non chalant about it.. "de dena wapas documents". I had by then torn up the papers from his hand or I could have f* his life up.

This is absolutely revolting.. treating the customer like crap - you pay extra/double for good AV in India to these idiots and in return you get shafted. I've been searching for email IDs to get this in some papers - the only way to hurt them where it hurts... If someone has any thoughts on getting them on their knees.. please respond ; I'm all ears

When I reentered the store I found him crouched over that particular form and this time it had the beginnings of my signature on it... the jackass was forging my signature on it

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

IMO in case of the speakers you shoudnt have paid the whole amount 1st.

I kinda trusted them - due to them being a well known chain and all.. to my misfortune. I think you HAVE to pay the complete amount before they even move the goods.

Nothing New.
Never trust big names.... and better to transport urself the smaller stuff

Anyway are you "the" Gishu Pillai - administrator or orkut thread " Gunda SP2?"

If yes Prabhuji ki jai ho - long live prabhuji...

Well I cld finalised my LCD just bcose I got detailed Demo(2 times)
I agree abt the card,I just signed for there card without doccuments & then I got a call saying I applied for creditcard. I said no & chapter got closed.

I have observed @ many shops,younger employees are not ready to support,but ony after sale.

I then remembered that he had my docs photocopied.. When I reentered the store I found him crouched over that particular form and this time it had the beginnings of my signature on it... the jackass was forging my signature on it. I yelled a bit.. to my surprise his co-employees at the counter were all non chalant about it.. "de dena wapas documents". I had by then torn up the papers from his hand or I could have f* his life up.

I've been warning about this for years now - people collect personal docs like PAN number, bank details, Drivers ID, mobile, income proof etc and build databases. Then they sell the huge database in to marketing PR agencies who analyze economic data for market intelligence. I once asked a credit card outsourcing agency for a emailed statement stating my personal data would not be sold to any agency, before handing over any documents. They had time to phone a dozen times pestering me but could not find time to type an email assuring me of the same. After this the calls died out.

So beware - never hand over personal documents and if you do - only directly to bank not to outsourcing agency.

Regards

never ever purchase something like this.. Indian markets are not consumer oriented yet.. so if you do this kind of mistakes, you are gone..

never pay and wait for something. if you dont have any price protection like in the case of online purchase. I think better is to ask them to call you when they get the stock. go there and personally verify the stuff then buy. if they are not agree with this dont buy. as simple as that. not buying is better than experiencing something like this..

never pay and wait for something. if you dont have any price protection like in the case of online purchase. I think better is to ask them to call you when they get the stock. go there and personally verify the stuff then buy. if they are not agree with this dont buy. as simple as that. not buying is better than experiencing something like this..

+100

=====

When I went to buy my WD media player the seller said that he was out of stock and I could pay in advance and get it when the stock comes. I said that there is no need of an "advance" and I will buy when the stock comes. So after a week I personally went and took the player. Opened the box in front of seller to check if everything is correct because once you get out of there you are on your own!!

Hai nivlacbot,
On going thro the photo attached by you i come to the following conclusion:
The contents ment for the soiled box namely the demo piece has been neatly packed in the brand new box ment for you and sure they have duped some other gullible customer. It also appears that you hav narrowely escaped cheating from the so called hyper stores.
Raslibi

Hai nivlacbot,
On going thro the photo attached by you i come to the following conclusion:
The contents ment for the soiled box namely the demo piece has been neatly packed in the brand new box ment for you and sure they have duped some other gullible customer. It also appears that you hav narrowely escaped cheating from the so called hyper stores.
Raslibi

nice guess :)

Eventhough little out of topic, i would like to share my experience in the USA. I recently went to Longbeach, CA and was searching to buy a TT. I found this shop called Hollywood DJ in Los Angeles which is 15 miles away. A day, my freind (a german) hired a car and i requested him to take me to this place as well. When we reached there, it was the so called "LA downtown", you know how it would look - little scary and the shop was like a Indian electronic market shop, stuff stacked all over. I got what i wanted and it was a looking to be sealed box. Outside the shop, my freind being a German (never encountered these kind of market/downtown stuff in his life) was walking criss cross like a scared animal , and not to trouble him much, i just paid and picked up the stuff and did not checked the contents.

When i reached back to my hotel, i opened and everything was perfect except the Headshell and cartridge were completely missing. Now, after seeing the place, i was very embarrased to request anybody to take me again there or to pay $100 for taxi . I thought it is over.

But, just as a try, i made a telephone call the next day and explained to the shop owner. He accepted what i said and TO MY SURPRISE, next day the missing piece was door delivered to me by UPS ground. That is customer service and commitment even from a location in LA where there is no ethics and gun culture.

These Indian biggies have to go a long way......

Hope you enjoy what you have bought and good luck

rgds swami

Anyway are you "the" Gishu Pillai - administrator or orkut thread " Gunda SP2?"
If yes Prabhuji ki jai ho - long live prabhuji...

Guilty as charged. Nice to know that we have infiltrated every organization known to mankind ;) Croma ka date fix karna padega.

Hai nivlacbot,
The contents ment for the soiled box namely the demo piece has been neatly packed in the brand new box ment for you and sure they have duped some other gullible customer.
Raslibi
Could be.. I'm not even sure the set that I got is brand new...
Guess the only thing is to withhold your money till you are satisfied. Nothing else works... I was burned once in the ol' days of Baazee.com - scarred me from online shopping for a long time.
Now the american model of suing anything that moves -- doesn't seem that bad in hindsight.

I placed the order for a 5 speaker set - Jamo S 416 HCS. Was promised a sealed box pack within 5 days. I paid the money up-front and waited for it.
On the fifth day, I made a call since I had no communication from their side. I was told "will be delivered tomorrow".
The next day the delivery guy calls up around noon saying that he is mid-way ... from a public phone. So no way of contacting him back... got my relatives who stay in the same building to take the delivery.

When I get back home from work, here is the "sealed box pack". I just clicked a dozen snaps as proof.

IMG_4026.JPG

More images here...
Picasa Web Albums - Gishu - E Zone will p...

Fortunately the speakers inside do not appear to be used or scratched. But I cannot be sure. Hooked up the speakers and they work alright. Called them up a day after... when someone finally picked up the phone, they tried to make me understand that the delivery comes straight from their warehouse.
I let them know I didn't care where it comes from... I expected a brand new piece for the 15K I paid them. He finally assured that no one had come in yet and he would have someone call me back soon...

As expected, the day has ended and no call yet. This is the f* limit..

Earlier I had a @#*& from Croma (Mulund) trying to sell me a privilege card. I asked him if there were any charges, he said No twice. He took some copies of my license and other docs. He was getting me to sign some forms. Finally I noticed a form which authorised Tata to collect 650 bucks as fees from the second year. I called him a liar, told him to stuff it and walked out. I then remembered that he had my docs photocopied.. When I reentered the store I found him crouched over that particular form and this time it had the beginnings of my signature on it... the jackass was forging my signature on it. I yelled a bit.. to my surprise his co-employees at the counter were all non chalant about it.. "de dena wapas documents". I had by then torn up the papers from his hand or I could have f* his life up.

This is absolutely revolting.. treating the customer like crap - you pay extra/double for good AV in India to these idiots and in return you get shafted. I've been searching for email IDs to get this in some papers - the only way to hurt them where it hurts... If someone has any thoughts on getting them on their knees.. please respond ; I'm all ears

most horrible experience you must have had? they need to be euthanised - the guy forging your signature should first have his nails pulled out one by one, and then the thumb and the forefinger on his signing hand should be amputated.

edit - justice in Saudi Arabia is scary!

Guilty as charged. Nice to know that we have infiltrated every organization known to mankind ;) Croma ka date fix karna padega.

Croma is like bulla
Box dete hain tuta aur maila
Kar do unka "khullam Khulla!!":eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Iski taarikh fix karni padegi

:eek:hyeah:8

Dusssssssssssssss

Bussssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:hyeah::yahoo::clapping::clapping:

( PS - Guys how many guys get this conversation!!)

sad that they treat the customer in this fashion, but sure that they will pay dearly for such lapses.

and perhaps, the manager/management should be informed that this is happening?

Last edited:
Good received in a damaged box should be refused.

But it is so easy to be wise after the event. When you have been sitting waiting for those boxes...

Good received in a damaged box should be refused.

But it is so easy to be wise after the event. When you have been sitting waiting for those boxes...

Like I said... I didn't collect it personally since they delivered it during my work hours without giving me a call. I would have surely asked him to take the box back with him... But now since they have the sign on the delivery slip or whatever.. they consider their duty done. No phone calls yet.. 2 days and counting..
I was strafing mouthshut.com and this appears to be their modus operandi...

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

These guys at Croma are least interested in selling Onkyo/ Yamaha - they hardly have any knowledge of the Onkyo range of products, and the demo given is horrible. They pride that the range of products stuffed with them is the latest!!!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back