Crown XLS 2502 : My Review of Sorts...

Picked a 2502 for my front LR channels last month. All hooked up, they sound like any other good amplification I ve had previously.

This is my 3rd crown now after 2 1502's and pretty much completes my external amplification requirements. When the time comes, will just upgrade the AVR and be done with it.

Another one...
Good Review, Mirrors my experience in Lot of parameters.
This video is helpful in tweaking the binding Post to accept Larger size Banana Plugs Easily.
I have done this long back and it is quite easy.

Good Review, Mirrors my experience in Lot of parameters.
This video is helpful in tweaking the binding Post to accept Larger size Banana Plugs Easily.
I have done this long back and it is quite easy.

Yeah, something i did see this video. Apparently they are safety plugs as European power plugs can get inserted into it. :rolleyes:

Have the same question but for 100% stereo usage.
Crown Xli is modified class AB, with a better DSP (I'm not sure about the technical details) , most of the reviewers on international forums Rate it better than Xls series. It's more preferred for stereo usage. I am using the xls 2502 to drive my HT fronts, where I'm pretty happy with the performance. I'm toying with the idea of buying a pair Xls 1502 to drive Center and Surrounds as well. I bought a parasound a21 power amp for my stereo requirements, which is more dynamic, meaty, warmer than the Crown Xls 2502.

Alternatively Qsc has much better reviews of its professional power amplifiers for HT and Home Stereo Listening. But Qsc is more expensive, which Defeats the value advantage of Crown Xls series. I think @prateekatasniya owns both Qsc and Crown Xls & he can give us a comparison.

I had a query with regards to the amplifier. As it supports speakers rated from 2-8 Ohms, can it safely power 2 dissimilar impedance speakers on different channels, such as 2/4 Ohm driver on Left channel and 4/8 ohm load on Right? I know the level setting will have to be different for both the channels but can it be done, safely?

I had a query with regards to the amplifier. As it supports speakers rated from 2-8 Ohms, can it safely power 2 dissimilar impedance speakers on different channels, such as 2/4 Ohm driver on Left channel and 4/8 ohm load on Right? I know the level setting will have to be different for both the channels but can it be done, safely?
Yeah . . Without any problem..
One channel has nothing to do with other channel..

Can these be used to power two sets of speakers ( with different impedance, 8 & 6 Ohms)

Not really about Crown but a small comparison with the Emotiva xpa Gen3 power amp.

Am planning to use a Crown amp for the the Center channel alone in my HT setup. The fronts are already powered by Parasound A21.
Maranta SR6013 is the AVR. Will the crown in this case be an overkill? My room is 10X17. Thanks.

Am planning to use a Crown amp for the the Center channel alone in my HT setup. The fronts are already powered by Parasound A21.
Maranta SR6013 is the AVR. Will the crown in this case be an overkill? My room is 10X17. Thanks.
What center channel speaker is it? Is your current AVR not being able to drive it sufficiently?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back