Custom tax for Tablet PC

bhprin

Hi All,

I had order a Tablet from Singapore and getting delivered to Bangfalore costing 11K.
Got custom tax as Rs. 5000+.
When i am calculating from https://www.icegate.gov.in it is very less use CTH as 84713010.
Some one please explain why 5000+?:sad:

Thanks,
Bhanu

No, from a person who actually paid that much duty !
Note that the duty seems to be arbitrary and doesn't follow what's mentioned on the Net. It could be 100% too and then if you make a noise and ask for revaluation it could come back with 50% duty. You wouldn't go back again after that ! You will never get justice. Another shipment worth over 10K came duty free ! How does one explain that ?
Only in India I think !

Last edited:
I had order a Tablet from Singapore and getting delivered to Bangfalore costing 11K.
Got custom tax as Rs. 5000+.
I remember reading that on stuff imported through the post it is 40.5%

There is also an additional 20% to be paid because you transacted with a foreign agency who does not have a PAN card in India.

I could be wrong on both.

What does your receipt say, what head etc ?

ciao
gr

So @bhprin can you shed some light on how you purchased it ,(website?) And how was it sent to you (dhl/FedEx/ post)?

I remember reading that on stuff imported through the post it is 40.5%

There is also an additional 20% to be paid because you transacted with a foreign agency who does not have a PAN card in India.

I could be wrong on both.

What does your receipt say, what head etc ?

ciao
gr

No head only one figure was there... I have raised asked for respective heads via complain to Indian post.. Will share once I get it...

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back