Customs duty on subwoofer.......

Following is the current tariff on loudspeakers.
Assuming you buy the 67000 model
Basic Custom Duty: 15% - 10050
Social Welfare Surcharge 10% of Custom Duty - 1005
Total: 78055
Additional 18% IGST: 14050.
Total cost after all import charges: 92105
Duty + taxes portion - 25105
In percentage: 37.4%

However, often I have read that hand carried electronics escapes duty
its advisable to buy sub under 50K

SVS Dubai Dealer confirms me subwoofer have an international warranty.......its worth buying then
The DXB dealer may say anything for a sale but SVS says warranties are governed locally under local laws. I don't think they explicitly state anywhere that their warranty is valid internationally. Best is to check with the India dealer in Delhi if they will honor the warranty for a product bought in DXB - that will clear things up instead of all this speculation.

SVS Dubai Dealer confirms me subwoofer have an international warranty.......its worth buying then
You might want to get that in writing.
The typical response of a Indian dealer will be like this. You take a sub woofer in for warranty repair, they ask you for the bill, they see thats its purchased in another country and then say sorry we can't help you as its not purchased in India. What are you going to do? Sit and argue with them? If you have the patience for that, well good for you. I most certainly do not.

You might want to get that in writing.
Doesn't mean squat in this country unless you put your life on hold for a very long time to go after them.
The typical response of a Indian dealer will be like this. You take a sub woofer in for warranty repair, they ask you for the bill, they see thats its purchased in another country and then say sorry we can't help you as its not purchased in India.
You're absolutely right, and that's the response I'm expecting from the local dealer. Not that he'd be wrong in saying it.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back