Customs duty on subwoofer.......

Then it makes sense to buy in DXB. Warranty amounts to squat if service is not available locally.
Just make sure you do the math on excess baggage etc to be sure the price differential is worth it.
but have bad experience with SVS India..... my SVS 1000 was having problem after 5 years warranty, I called them for its repairs, they were just telling me they will give customer service person in Mumbai, but they never give....... finally I repaired it locally

but have bad experience with SVS India..... my SVS 1000 was having problem after 5 years warranty, I called them for its repairs, they were just telling me they will give customer service person in Mumbai, but they never give....... finally I repaired it locally
People keep saying that buy locally even if priced higher because you get warranty and support and yada yada yada.
Not to paint everyone with the same brush, but, what really happens in most cases is that in our country the concept of after sales service is non existent. What you are supposed to get after the purchase remains on paper. Most D&D's are just "vyaparis" - this is just another commodity for them.

I prefer getting stuff from abroad. No issues with any of the equipment i have carried with me. Its worth it.
What's the duty structure on a subwoofer like a Klipsch rp1500 or a svs pb 2000 pro or pb 16? These are pretty heavy n bulky. Was thinkin of getting em from Dubai or US, bot dropped the idea.

I currently use SVS SB1000 which I picked from Total Home Theatres Mumbai....assured by Mr Samay (Delhi / Gurgaon) for unconditional warranty for 5 years. He supplies the stock to Total Home Theatres. He has been supportive so far.
I bought 2x Svs SB 1000 pro at current inflated price, I too was offered 5yr warranty in case of any issues. I bought via my all weather local dealer @allegra audio, peace of mind.

A friend of mine imported subwoofer from dubai via Cargo and it was heavily damaged on receipt, had to go with local tech repair because official warranty wasn't applicable.

I bought 2x Svs SB 1000 pro at current inflated price, I too was offered 5yr warranty in case of any issues. I bought via my all weather local dealer @allegra audio, peace of mind.

A friend of mine imported subwoofer from dubai via Cargo and it was heavily damaged on receipt, had to go with local tech repair because official warranty wasn't applicable.
My experience with Import HT components is good.......... In 2019, I bought Optoma HD27HDR from Amazon.US in Black Friday sale, i got it 61K... In India HD27HDR was costing around 1.2 Lac at that time.... I got delivery within 10 days from Aramex and product was safe. 4 yrs ON, but not a single issue with projector.

Instead of going through the pain and logistical headache of buying a subwoofer abroad (under the context of saving money when you clearly are not going to be), you might as well hand the business to a local seller/distributor based in India, where you will gain the added benefit of a multi year warranty and some local support, if something were to go wrong.

SVS Dubai Dealer confirms me subwoofer have an international warranty.......its worth buying then
Not that the warranty will amount to much given what you said before about your experience with them. :rolleyes:

Following is the current tariff on loudspeakers.
Assuming you buy the 67000 model
Basic Custom Duty: 15% - 10050
Social Welfare Surcharge 10% of Custom Duty - 1005
Total: 78055
Additional 18% IGST: 14050.
Total cost after all import charges: 92105
Duty + taxes portion - 25105
In percentage: 37.4%

However, often I have read that hand carried electronics escapes duty

Back