Cyrus 6s VS Marantz SA 7001

Hi Dinyaar ,

You are right and i am purchasing the 7001 ( ordinary) . It will reach me within a week , i will keep you informed . Also i have to pick up the right speakers for my Audiolab . i need help from you people for that one also.
regards

tharun

hi all

The much awaited Marantz SA 7001 has arrived last week , i have had it run for almost 50 hours . The sound from this CD player is amazing. I was quoted Rs.35,000/- with 3 years warranty and the delivery took 10 days. Quite happy with the set up . now i have to upgrade my speakers then my amplifiers. Currently running my Audiolab Pre and Power with wharfedale Evo 3 speakers ( no good) .

Any good speakers which will suit my Audiolab pre and power , they are rated at 100 wpc. I listen to country , and soft songs and occasinally love to play loud. some rock , some jazz, etc etc. have auditioned JBL , Definitive Technology and Klipsch . JBL was ok , but i expecting even more smooth and warm sound. kindly suggest.

tharun.

Congratulations on your purchase, tharun! Perhaps if you share an approximate budget you have in mind for the speakers it may help members here to offer suggestions.

Congratulations on the new CDP tharun.

Speakers are mostly a matter personal taste. But looking at your set-up I can recommend Klipsch, Jamo, MA and Dali. Try to audition these with your own kit.

Would like to add two more: DynAudio and ProAc Studio. All the above have decent speakers in the range of 40-70k and any of these would definitely fit your bill.

Hi tharun , Congrats on ur new CDP

i would like to add Epos and Spendor to the list people have suggested.
If your budget is below 50K then i would suggest Mission M34i , M35i and also you can try Monitor audio Bronze and Silver series. try to audition as much as speakers before making the purchase.

regards

Hi Tharun,
Congrats on the cdp. Will keep u happy for quite a while.
Speakers to consider FS & SM should be dali ikons, MA silvers, Dyna audience,B&W 685, PSB image,Totem. If u are intending to splurge more then the Proac studio 140, B&W 805s,Dyna contour 1.4 are a few.(not too sure how ur 100 wpc amp will drive the last two but just mentioned them as i like them and they certainly should be on ur audition list)
Regards

Last edited:
i am late I know.But you should have bought speaker first since you had the flexiablity.Speakers should be driven and your speaker budget and quality is the controlling factor of all others in line.Any way congrats.

There are some homegrown speakers like Cadnece and corrson (with vifa drivers) try that also

Thanks Dinyaar , Music manz

I have heard the Dali Concept 6 and it was good , also heard the PSB image series but not convienced with the quality. B&W and Dali ikon i have to audition. Also Cadence have a very good reviews but no one deals in my place. I am also considering the Quad , Epos and Spendor. Ranjeet , the sound of klipsch and jamo is not my taste so i dont want to get into that. i love sweet and warm sound , so please suggest me something which is in that line.
Dinyaar Proac is way beyond my budget , I am looking for something around 50K , if someone could provide me a Cadence or Proac secondhand , i will be comfortable too. kindly advice.

Tharun.

Ranjeet , the sound of klipsch and jamo is not my taste so i dont want to get into that. i love sweet and warm sound , so please suggest me something which is in that line.
Dinyaar Proac is way beyond my budget , I am looking for something around 50K , if someone could provide me a Cadence or Proac secondhand , i will be comfortable too. kindly advice.

I guess MA RS-6 will suit you then. I don't see many speakers under 50k new that will satisfy your musical taste.

A little further up and you do have a few options: Dali IKON series. Jamo Concert series. Epos. DynAudio Audience.

Btw, which Klipsch did you hear? I thought Klipsch would have suited your taste.

the Klispch was very forward , i almost tried all speakers in klipsch, synergy series , Reference series etc , even though they are good at hi freq , the sound is forward. instead i liked the JBL ES series , but i like even warmer sound.

Hows DYNAUDIO Audience 52 , will it suit my Audiolab (100 watts) ,is it a warm sound, i have heard the quad12L , will Dynaudio 52 be better then Quad 12L .

tharun

Can't say whether it will be better or worse, coz that definition is different for different people. But I'd say Audience sounds tight. Has details and sound a little towards warm.

Hi,
Try the MA RS 6, Totem Rainmaker, Dyna Audience 52, Cadence aritas.
All in ur budget .

You could also ring up Cadence in Pune-they sometimes have factory refurbished speakers for sale-you could land a bargain.

Hello kamal . Can you please give me the Contact number Cadence audio.
And Dinyaar , regarding the Totem here in my city we dont have any facility for listening to these brands . So i am really confused.

My listening room is small , so i am planning for a Standmount, then i will also buy a FS after i do some savings.

I have a liking for Dynaudios after reading the reviews. But still havent decided . Dont know what to do.:mad:

Cadence,Pune
#Mr Dhanajay Phalke,Sales manager-020 26813085.
#Mr Ambalavalam, Production manager-020 26813088
# Mr Ajay Shirke, Managing Director-09860604309

Hey 2LE, has got a Cyrus CD6s CD player. I have PM him, lets get his opinion on it. ;)

Thanks Kamal for the contact information.

Last week i had an audition of RS6 , but to my surprise i didnt like the sound . There is a old TDL speakers with a dealer here in trichy and that sounded much better then MA RS6 , Also listened to Mordaunt short 906 ,914 but they were pretty ordinary. Can anyone tell where i can audition Epos or Spendour and Quad .

regards

tharun

I own the Dyn 52 & had tried the 12l as well. The Dyns acc to me were more balanced. Esp i a big room where have my spk.
All the best
Cheers.
the Klispch was very forward , i almost tried all speakers in klipsch, synergy series , Reference series etc , even though they are good at hi freq , the sound is forward. instead i liked the JBL ES series , but i like even warmer sound.

Hows DYNAUDIO Audience 52 , will it suit my Audiolab (100 watts) ,is it a warm sound, i have heard the quad12L , will Dynaudio 52 be better then Quad 12L .

tharun

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back