• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

DAB radio in india

Wharfedale Evo 4.2

dvasanth

Do we have DAB broadcast in india or is it possible to receive BBC dab in india?
I believe DAB has enough bandwidth to broadcast HD content.

MichaelRiley

I am moving for a few months to Singapore, and then travelling through India for another couple of months, and was wondering if there is any point in taking my DAB radio with me! I bought my radio fairly recently in the UK if that makes any difference. I expect that these countries have at least some radio stations in English, so doubt that is a problem, but wonder if either of them broadcast the digital signals at all.

Rabepobemababe

There is only All India Radio broadcasting its digital (test) signal, from the tower located at Khampur near Delhi, for a limited duration every day. The digital radio format chosen by Indian Government is DRM+. So, unless your DAB receiver is also DRM+ enabled, carrying a DAB receiver along in India, is of no use.

kvandhi

I have recently purchased DAB Radio from UK through my relative. But i am using it only for FM radio now. Hope There is no progress of providing DAB in india