DAB radio in india

dvasanth

Do we have DAB broadcast in india or is it possible to receive BBC dab in india?
I believe DAB has enough bandwidth to broadcast HD content.

I am moving for a few months to Singapore, and then travelling through India for another couple of months, and was wondering if there is any point in taking my DAB radio with me! I bought my radio fairly recently in the UK if that makes any difference. I expect that these countries have at least some radio stations in English, so doubt that is a problem, but wonder if either of them broadcast the digital signals at all.

There is only All India Radio broadcasting its digital (test) signal, from the tower located at Khampur near Delhi, for a limited duration every day. The digital radio format chosen by Indian Government is DRM+. So, unless your DAB receiver is also DRM+ enabled, carrying a DAB receiver along in India, is of no use.

I have recently purchased DAB Radio from UK through my relative. But i am using it only for FM radio now. Hope There is no progress of providing DAB in india

I was a big fan of World Space Satellite Radio, but finally, when I was in a position to buy one, they shut down their service.

Exactly the same situation with me.
When World Space Radio came out in India, I was a student and found the concept very appealing. Those sleek looking (in those days) receivers made me want to buy one of those when I stared earning. Alas, it was not to be.

can we hear akashavani in DAB radio
can i hear akashvani in DAB DAB+ radio (roberts)
No, Akashavani cannot be received in a DAB radio. DRM is available in some of the car stereos and DRM radios for home use is hardly available and expensive.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back