DAC - Explanation Required ?

Amarbir[Lynx-India]

Guys ,
I See a Lot Of you Talking About DAC Here ,though I Understand the Same I Was Wanting To Find Out Why Some Of You Use It And What Does It Improve

Note :
Its a Stupid question As " Sound Quality Is a Idea "
I am Wanting a Person for Little Guidance As i Plan To Sell Them

DAC is a digital to analogue converter. Basically you connect it to a digital source(cd player or computer) via optical/coaxial/usb it takes the digital information in 1's and 0's from the source and then converts it into analogue stereo sound which we can reproduce with speakers.

DAC is a digital to analogue converter. Basically you connect it to a digital source(cd player or computer) via optical/coaxial/usb it takes the digital information in 1's and 0's from the source and then converts it into analogue stereo sound which we can reproduce with speakers.

sir ,
this Is Understood Already Can Someone Input More Details ,Like Why you People Are Crazy Over this ,what Brands You Like ,How those Brands Compare

As Audioholic has expalined about the functioning of DAC so I don't need to go onto that detail but in simple terms an outboard DAC is for those people who use a cheap source or AVR for listining to music. An External DAC of good qualtity could significantly give very close results to an Integrated stereo amplifier. We use the DAC here to do all the conversions as well as to act as the pre amp whereas the AVR or even a power amp section just acts as the section to send amplified signal from your DAC to your speakers.

As Audioholic has expalined about the functioning of DAC so I don't need to go onto that detail but in simple terms an outboard DAC is for those people who use a cheap source or AVR for listining to music. An External DAC of good qualtity could significantly give very close results to an Integrated stereo amplifier. We use the DAC here to do all the conversions as well as to act as the pre amp whereas the AVR or even a power amp section just acts as the section to send amplified signal from your DAC to your speakers.

Excellent ,
How Tell Me What all Brands El cheapo and Others do you Like to Take I Would them Import Those specifically for People Here ,Does Not Matter If Its China Or USA I Have Offices In Both Areas ,I Would then Create a special Dealer Deal For These DAC .the Headdirect EF2A i checked Yesterday As We Are National Disti For The Same

That would be great if you can import beresfords dacs and offer a competitive price. I think you have a handful of potential customers already.

Maverick Dac (from China) is another one which I would like to buy if you could arrange it.

There are lot of such stuff available at diykits They have distributors throughout the world except India. If you could become that, it would be great service to Indian audiophiles...

If you search the forum then Beresford's Dacs are very popular, other options are VDac, Cambridge audio Dac magic.

Well ,
I will Contact them Are Try To Sell them Officially In The Forum .

That would be great if you can import beresfords dacs and offer a competitive price. I think you have a handful of potential customers already.

Sir ,
Point Is Noted ...:yahoo:

Maverick Dac (from China) is another one which I would like to buy if you could arrange it.

There are lot of such stuff available at diykits They have distributors throughout the world except India. If you could become that, it would be great service to Indian audiophiles...

Sir ,Is Maverick DAC From Diykits.com.hk ? ,I Will Try and Become Country distributor For the Same .Will Contact them Today .None Of you Are Replying As To How Head direct EF2A USB DAc Is i Have them already And they Are Priced At 10K Approx .

Maveirck dac is based in Shanghai and I am not sure whether their products are distributed by diykits. But you could check up with diykits.

Hello Amarbir,

I suggest you can import as kits for DAC and sell as such, or assemble the kits and sell as product. This will help both the DIYers, as well as people who prefer them as finished products.

N.Murali

Hello Amarbir,

I suggest you can import as kits for DAC and sell as such, or assemble the kits and sell as product. This will help both the DIYers, as well as people who prefer them as finished products.

N.Murali

Noted ,
Tell Me What All DIY Kits you People Like i am Fully Capable To Import and Assembly also .:yahoo:

Hai Amarbir,

Valve Preamp & Turntables may be another area where people may be interested.

N.Murali

Hai Amarbir,

Valve Preamp & Turntables may be another area where people may be interested.

N.Murali

Sir ,
Have You Sen My Deals In The ealer Sale Section for qinpu ,they Make Kick Ass Value amps And Pre Amps .

Great Amarbir.

My cheque is ready. Now waiting for your response once things work out.

Well ,
you Guys Have to Post The Links Of the Company and DIY Sites Remember ,Without you i Am Nothing :D

The Maverick is extremely interesting. Why not add the Peter Daniel NOS DAC to the list as well as other components such as the Gamma DAC..

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back