DAC for Yamaha AS 500

marX

Hi!

I was suggested to get the ODac but I'm wondering if there is anything better than that in below 15k. I want the dac to be pretty neutral with a slightly pronounced sub-bass.

I also saw the nuforce wireless dac on hifimart.com but I don't have any istuff and am wondering whether it would work with PCs and my android phone.

NuForce Utx + Air DAC

US $172.66 for dac kit that also is a Chinese kit from India.Are you doing some silly work out ?
just check below link

Assembled AK4399 PCM2706 WM8805 OPA627AU Audio DAC Boad include USB Card | eBay

check in ebay.com you will see the same kit with very low price but are you confident this will work very fine ????? these are very fancy stuffs from china

First of all the dac will not do any magic that will improve the sound quality to some extent.So just buy a dac from an established company.Please check for sale option in the forum.

please look below link

Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus (3 months old) - HiFiADS.com

very good one to start with

US $172.66 for dac kit that also is a Chinese kit from India.Are you doing some silly work out ?
just check below link

Assembled AK4399 PCM2706 WM8805 OPA627AU Audio DAC Boad include USB Card | eBay

check in ebay.com you will see the same kit with very low price but are you confident this will work very fine ????? these are very fancy stuffs from china

First of all the dac will not do any magic that will improve the sound quality to some extent.So just buy a dac from an established company.Please check for sale option in the forum.

please look below link

Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus (3 months old) - HiFiADS.com

very good one to start with

I just saw it on ebay.in and wanted to know if it's any good.

That Cambridge DacMagic Plus is way out of budget in 21k.

ok I can understnd now I will tell you one product which is excellent personally I know the dac inside this one is Wolfson WM8740 which excellent dac chip.

check the below products which will solve your issue I hope

FiiO E17 Alpen USB DAC Headphone Amplifier

FiiO X3 DAP Portable Digital Audio Player

Both are excellent solution there advantages are they are running in battery also it is available in India.Above links are from an Indian site.

This is my solution for you but you may have an other option but I still feel you never get such a great solution within your budget

Please check the detailed speck on net both have Wolfson WM8740

Last edited:
I think I would be better with Odac instead.

Gonna try it (if possible) at bibin3210's place. I hope he have his Xonar STX with him so that i can compare it with Odac.

Odac is not comparable with wolfson dac chip the wolfson dac chip I have mentioned is excellent and is using only in very hi end audio products.The odac will not help you that much

This is from my personal experience not from any technical documentation.

But I can only share my personal experience.I have used many dac including Musical fidelity M1 dac which cost around 50k.So this dac chip is what I recommend just do a goolge research

Wolfson WM8740 DAC

Last edited:
Sir,If possible,try to find out audinest h2 ,it will fit in your bag. I have heard it and before purchasing Parasound Z DAC (30k) I was about to buy this.Very smooth tone & musical.You wont be disappointed for sure.

Available in online store also.

Regards

I have the AS 500 amp and I use the HRT Streamer II. This DAC has USB inputs and RCA output. It has a clear sound not too bright and goes very well with the AS 500.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back