DAC suggestion for PM5005 Amp + Wharfedale Diamond 220 Spk

What's the next step up from E30? How are the D series?

I find their line up very confusing.

MaSh

Dear FMs, I bring this thread to logical conclusion by announcing happily that I have ordered a Topping E30 DAC from hpz. The decision is based on VFM.
Congratulations.....
E 30 is shortlisted by me too..
Really VFM and has great reviews.

@swamytk when you receive the E30 please let us know how it performs. Hope it delights you.
You might want to search for this thread, where we're discussing about our recent purchases and impressions of Topping DACs (mostly the E30 :p)

Topping DAC's on HPZ

You might want to search for this thread, where we're discussing about our recent purchases and impressions of Topping DACs (mostly the E30 :p)

Topping DAC's on HPZ
I read your feedback. Thanks for the initial impressions.Can you tell me if it can be an upgrade over the Modi 3.

I read your feedback. Thanks for the initial impressions.Can you tell me if it can be an upgrade over the Modi 3.
I haven't heard the Modi 3 to comment about it. But I recollect reading elsewhere that the Modi 3 is a little forgiving on bad recordings compared to the E30. Please take it with a pinch of salt.

I haven't heard the Modi 3 to comment about it. But I recollect reading elsewhere that the Modi 3 is a little forgiving on bad recordings compared to the E30. Please take it with a pinch of salt.
Thank you. Do you notice further improvement on sa now that the E30 has got some burn in period?

I have a chord mojo which feeds an SR6013/PM6006/Crown 1502 but does not support MQA decoding. I have just subscribed to the Hifi plan so i was wondering if i'm losing out on MQA. Is there any way of adding it to my system without spending big bucks or is it better to stick to hifi tracks for now? Also, i can' t tell the difference between apple music/Spotify and tidal hifi streams in my current setup..
If you can't see a much difference between Spotify & Tidal HiFi in current setup, Why loose sleep over MQA?
Cuz not having it feels much worse than not being able to tell the difference after having it. :p
As an update, i finally got MQA into my chain via the Ifi Zen DAC.

The end result? As expected, I couldn't tell the difference between MQA and Hifi tracks on Tidal. Nada. Zilch. Probably the DAC (one of the cheapest at 12K) or the rest of the chain (which includes room acoustics) ain't good enough to reveal the difference .

So was It worth it?

ABSOLUTELY!!!

There is a certain satisfaction that i get out of seeing the LED glow purple on the DAC every single time i play MQA. Quite simply put, it was FOMO and despite my bank balance being a little worse for wear, i now have closure!

As an update, i finally got MQA into my chain via the Ifi Zen DAC.

The end result? As expected, I couldn't tell the difference between MQA and Hifi tracks on Tidal. Nada. Zilch. Probably the DAC (one of the cheapest at 12K) or the rest of the chain (which includes room acoustics) ain't good enough to reveal the difference .

So was It worth it?

ABSOLUTELY!!!

There is a certain satisfaction that i get out of seeing the LED glow purple on the DAC every single time i play MQA. Quite simply put, it was FOMO and despite my bank balance being a little worse for wear, i now have closure!

I can hardly tell the difference between my Wharfedale D225 ,my Quad 12L2 and my Quad S2's. But I too get immense pleasure when my iFi Zen Dac tells me that I am listening to lossless and MQA !!! You should try ROON. It won't make a difference to sound quality but it shows a long list of signal path telling me that I am listening to MQA or lossless which makes me very happy. :D

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back