DAC - To buy or to not buy(Confused)

So Finally after all this long time I have ordered a DAC which is Musical Fidelity V-DAC and interconnects - True Colour Industries Coral and Chord Company Crimson Plus.:eek:hyeah:

Now waiting for these to get delivered:)

Finally!!!!!!!!! yeh....

Ok now you have to explain , how did you narrow down on V-DAC ? in detail..." Poora Story bataneka " ..... :)

Congratulations....

vasishtha and abhi - where did you get them from and for how much?

Hi anm, I have ordered this DAC from UK online site and True Colours Digital Cable from ebay.co.uk. DAC and both the interconnects costed me 16k now I am waiting for their delivery along with customs charges:rolleyes:

Finally!!!!!!!!! yeh....

Ok now you have to explain , how did you narrow down on V-DAC ? in detail..." Poora Story bataneka " ..... :)

Congratulations....

Yeah Finally:lol:

Q. Why have I narrowed down on V-DAC?
A. As u can see that I have PSB Image B6 and I bought this speakers coz it has very special vocals with very gud bass and silky smooth treble so I need the DAC with such similar Sound Signature which I have found in the V-DAC.
What I have found from all the reviews, user reviews on head-fi and in many other audio forums, many of them said that V-DAC is better. Also John Atkinson - the reviewer of this DAC who has reviewed this DAC on Home Page | Stereophile.com compared this DAC against DACMagic has said if u are running after sweet silky mid-range so u should luk at V-DAC for which I have chosen PSB Image B6. Also many said(I am not saying) that V-DAC has better Low-End(Bass) and John Atkinson measured very low jitter in V-DAC than anyother same priced DAC made me decided on V-DAC and I went ahead and ordered it. :)

Thanks.

I am actually moving to MS Aviano-2 soon, after selling my Polks. I'll post my impressions with the new speakers, for sure. By that time the DAC would have been :mad: burnt-in :mad: (if that makes any difference).

Ya, I have seen ur polks on sale, hope ur polks sold out soon and u buy MS-Aviano 2. But till then burn ur DAC with these speakers and see what improvements u will notice.:)

More on the basis of reading reviews, etc, than actual experience, but Musical Fidelity is one of those makes that I wished I could afford. That was some years back, and now, I amazed to see that they make this DAC at a very affordable price (I probably still couldn't afford an amplifier) and I'm sure if it is even half the quality that has made the company famous it should be a great buy and a great bargain.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back