Dali Ikon2 speakers

Yesterday i bought the speaker stands for the Dali ikon 2 , the sound is teriffic and i am hearing new sounds from my speakers which i have never heard before. I didnt know that the stands will make such a difference.

Thank you
Vijay.

Hi Dali, can you tell me the price of the Ikon 2 and the stands?

Thanks!
Bhaskie

Hi

Last week , i changed my cables to Nordust ( Got it from a friend , just for a weeks time ) . the Change was very prominent . For the first few days i didnt find much of a difference , but after that my Dali ikon 2 where totally different . Now i am planning to go for some better speaker cables. Which one will be good NORDUST or VDH . I am looking for a Three metre pair. Even if any second hand cables are available i am ready to buy. Let me know if any of the forum members have one;)

thanks
Vijay

Also, check out various JBL bookshelf speakers + sub combinations, they are very good speaker/sub combo for under 40K and probably better suited to non-classical music.

Hi Dali,
What Nordorst and what VDH are u contemplating? To my mind the cables are very different sounding. Vdh seem to roll off treble and as such are laid back which can make u feel a loss of detail and some Nord can sound brittle and thin in some set ups. Please try all the cables before u buy. Try a few kimbers,vdh,supra,Transparent(if the budget permits), Nordorst and take a call.

Ur dali must have come with tiny rubber feet? Hope u have used them as they isolate the speaker from the stand.
Blue Tack can be used without a worry as its an inert material and does not soil.
The top plate is supposed to be smaller than the speaker footprint so thats not a problem too.

Am sitting with quite a few cables and have tried many in the last decades but i still cant pin point the one for ur set up or your ears!!!!

Rgds

Hi Dali,
What Nordorst and what VDH are u contemplating? To my mind the cables are very different sounding. Vdh seem to roll off treble and as such are laid back which can make u feel a loss of detail and some Nord can sound brittle and thin in some set ups. Please try all the cables before u buy. Try a few kimbers,vdh,supra,Transparent(if the budget permits), Nordorst and take a call.

Ur dali must have come with tiny rubber feet? Hope u have used them as they isolate the speaker from the stand.
Blue Tack can be used without a worry as its an inert material and does not soil.
The top plate is supposed to be smaller than the speaker footprint so thats not a problem too.

Am sitting with quite a few cables and have tried many in the last decades but i still cant pin point the one for ur set up or your ears!!!!

Rgds

Thankyou very much for the reply Dinyaar,

Infact i have used the rubber feet , but so far not have used the Blue Tack , even though the base on top of the stand is small , the speakers are seated comfortably in it . The speaker cables i have not decided any thing till now , since i borrowed the cables from one of my friend and the sound was better then the previous cable. i thought of buying either the VDH or Nordust or Kimber , but i dont know the models and their Characters , which speaker cable will be good for Ikon 2 along with Marantz PM 15 and CD6002 CDP . I listen to almost all kind of songs , but mostly soft ones , i love the laidback and warm sound. Kindly help .

thanks

Vijay

Hi Dali/Abhijit,
Dali if u like a laid back,warm sound i guess u should try the VDH D102 MK 3 for the IC and maybe a CS 122 as the speaker cable. Its silver coated copper,12 AWG and further shielded with carbon. Big bass and slightly rolled of highs. Have used VDH for ages and quality is first class. Nord/kimber/transparent are more 'direct', neutral, revealing cables and sometimes too revealing is not a good thing!!!!
Abhi could it be your room? The Rotel power amp 1080 is not bright at least it was not bright with my speakers in my set up. Its something about the presentation that brings fatigue and it gets really noisy when cranked. My wife listens to a lot of opera and at loud volumes and that exposed the Rotel completely. Have no idea of ur pre so cant comment. Dali Ikon 6 is not bright too.
Since its just two days i suggest u wait a bit longer. Play the combo for a about 50/60 hours and see if u feel the sound is improving.What speaker did this Ikon replace? If it was a dull/lifeless speaker maybe u need to adjust to what the dali is offering? Frankly get some friends to come over and hear the set up and give an opinion too.
If after a month u still feel the same we look for amps.
Rgds

hi
i got my Dali Ikon6 two days back.useing Rotel RB1080 power amp with Atoll pre its sound great but i feel highs are too much .Dinyar can u sug Amp for my spk?

hi abhijit, you should definitely let the Ikon 6 break in at least 200 hrs before jumping to any conclusions. I have heard new ikons as well as ones clocking 500+ hrs and I could _get_ the difference. A vendor asked to break them in for 500 hrs before deciding to change anything :)

BTW, how big is your room where you are using the ikon 6? I am planning to get them for my 12x12 room; one seller said the size is just fine, another said the room is too small for the ikon 6 :confused:

Thanks dinyar and Bhaskie
my room is small 12*17, and now i feel the change slight. i am using PRE from ATOLL IN 50 and its too good
i get Dali IKON 6 at 62k

Hey Abhijit, where did you get the Ikon 6 for 62K :eek: ?
I was quoted 67K for it. Did you get warranty etc. as well? When did you purchase it?

isn't atoll in 50 an integrated amp?
how much for atoll and how much for 1080?
where did you buy it from? city/ vendor?
regards

@ bhaskar
i purches it from Mr. Vinay 9820194171 with bill and waranty on 2nd Jan 09
@anm
Atoll is integrated amp its made in France only(NOT CHINA)and i am using just pre out of this .and i think only Mr.Kadam (alliance4) can give you idea abt this 9867368672

@ bhaskar
i purches it from Mr. Vinay 9820194171 with bill and waranty on 2nd Jan 09
@anm
Atoll is integrated amp its made in France only(NOT CHINA)and i am using just pre out of this .and i think only Mr.Kadam (alliance4) can give you idea abt this 9867368672

Thanks Abhijit. I will check with Sight and Sound for Ikon 6 price. Which shop did you get it from? Is it in Mumbai?

How does the Atoll IN 50 amp pair with the Ikon 6? Did you get a recommendation for this combo?

Thanks,
Bhaskie

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back