Dali or Jamo......

Hey Nari,
No problem good luck. Ya the 372 is big and quite heavy.
I generally like to hear the ICS and speaker cable in my home on my set up before i buy but i will recommend a few which should be reasonable(performance and price). Another thing to keep in mind is in places like europe most cables sold will be pre terminated (may not be sold from a roll) and may cost more.But since u are there for a while maybe u can post the prices there and i will give u the local prices.
My choices in no particular order:-
Van Den Hul D102 MK III with CS 122 speaker cable.
Supra EFF-IX with the 12 gauge speaker cable from the same mfg.
Chord chameleon IC with chord silver screen cable.

I didnt mention any US brands as it may be really exp in denmark but u could still try
Kimber Timber with 8 TC(suggesting 8 and not 4 as u are inclined towards FS speakers)
Transparent Music link ICS+ speaker cables or Music Wave.

These are just few that come to my mind. I have tried all the above. Am sure u will get a lot more opinions here.

Lastly if u can get the entry level AUDIO NOTE copper IC( AN_C) with the simple unscreened copper speaker cable from the same brand( AN-BA) at a reasonable/acceptable price please consider it. I have heard it in the UK on a similar set up to mine and it was stunning. In fact i have asked for similar and expecting them mid month.There are many new entrants too which may be good but i cant comment as i have not heard them.

Best Regards to u and the little mermaid!!!!!!!!! and go visit the carlsberg brewery and have a few drinks while u are auditioning.

Last edited:
Tannoy has a new series revolution & revolution signature which is said to be better, But is yet to be launched in india.

Hey Nari,
No problem good luck. Ya the 372 is big and quite heavy.
I generally like to hear the ICS and speaker cable in my home on my set up before i buy but i will recommend a few which should be reasonable(performance and price). Another thing to keep in mind is in places like europe most cables sold will be pre terminated (may not be sold from a roll) and may cost more.But since u are there for a while maybe u can post the prices there and i will give u the local prices.
My choices in no particular order:-
Van Den Hul D102 MK III with CS 122 speaker cable.
Supra EFF-IX with the 12 gauge speaker cable from the same mfg.
Chord chameleon IC with chord silver screen cable.

I didnt mention any US brands as it may be really exp in denmark but u could still try
Kimber Timber with 8 TC(suggesting 8 and not 4 as u are inclined towards FS speakers)
Transparent Music link ICS+ speaker cables or Music Wave.

These are just few that come to my mind. I have tried all the above. Am sure u will get a lot more opinions here.

Lastly if u can get the entry level AUDIO NOTE copper IC( AN_C) with the simple unscreened copper speaker cable from the same brand( AN-BA) at a reasonable/acceptable price please consider it. I have heard it in the UK on a similar set up to mine and it was stunning. In fact i have asked for similar and expecting them mid month.There are many new entrants too which may be good but i cant comment as i have not heard them.

Best Regards to u and the little mermaid!!!!!!!!! and go visit the carlsberg brewery and have a few drinks while u are auditioning.

Hi Dinyaar,

Here i can get
ICS, Speaker cables from DALI(no ICS),CHORD,TARA, QED, SUPRA, NORDOST
Audio Magic,Magic Cyber Cables,Furutech.

In all the model low end price is Rs.400/mt to Rs.1600 and High end is minimum Rs.8000.

High end ICS are minimum Rs.10000.(QED, TARA, SUPRA, NORDOST,Audio Magic,Magic Cyber Cables,Furutech)
and low end are rear but is around Rs. 1600 - Rs. 3000 (QED, TARA, SUPRA(starts Rs.3200))

Audio Note
AN-Cable150 AN-C meter unterminated 1000,oo(Rs. 8400)
AN-Cable550 AN-Ba green mono meter 300,oo (Rs. 2520)

SUPRA
EFF-ISL RCA skrue/ls semibalnceret Pris 2x1m kr. 1000,- (Rs. 8400)
EFF-XLR XLR stik balanceret Pris 2x1m kr. 1000,- (Rs. 8400)

Van Den Hul D102 i could't find the dealer here,

Almost all those you mentioned i can get second hand. Is it wise to buy second Hand ICS n Cables.

Should we need to check any kind of specifications while choosing the cables n ICs

Regards
Narayana

Dinyaar, have u ever been to copenhagen.though Little mermaid is very small, itz very famous here like manickan piss in brussels.

Hi Narayana,
Yes i have been to copenhagen and i stayed at an IBIS which was a 10 minute walk from the tivoli gardens.Ya i too thought the little mermaid was really very little. Actually for some dumb reason i expected a big statue.

Now back to business. Ya u can buy used cable. Not a problem at all. Just visual inspection is more than adequate.

The prices u indicate seem on the higher side and i would prefer buying in bombay unless u get a used one at much lesser than the prices u have quoted for a new pair.

Well most IC s/ Speaker cables will work with ur set up. In IC s u need an unbalanced cable terminated in RCA s and the speaker cables should be about 12 gauge. As regards the materials used thats a matter of debate but basically a copper cable from any of the above mentioned brands will work just fine.

Regards

Hi Dinyaar

If am bringing speakers to India, will there any kind of duties/tax's need to be paid. If so upto what % should need to pay them.

kindly let me know.

Regards
Narayana

Hi Dinyaar

If am bringing speakers to India, will there any kind of duties/tax's need to be paid. If so upto what % should need to pay them.

kindly let me know.

Regards
Narayana

Hi Nari,
My guess would be 30%.
My experiences are only at mumbai customs. Have brought down some component on every holiday and never paid anything as the duty free allowance (if i am correct) is about Rs25K per person and i am generally am with family.Have never brought Floor standers though!!!!!!!!!Generally a cdp or integrated minus carton just bubble wrapped.

These things vary. Some people are really hassled and some get away.Of course the other option of getting through always exists!!!!!!!!!BTW have u considered the excess baggage u will have to cough up Nari?

I thought u are only getting the amp and speakers u would buy here !!!!!!
Best regards

Last edited:
Nari

Getting past the Customs is pure luck , I once bought a Energy C9 ( around 30kg each spk) from singapore , but paid nothing and there are people who pay Rs.5000/- to Rs.10,000/- ( bribe ) for just a 10Kg material. It depends on the mood of customs officer .

Hi Dinyaar/soundofmusic,

I am coming next month and along with me carrying the Intg. Amp and planning to send the speakers by Air Cargo to Bangalore. I am not sure how much they will charge me.

Will they charge tax/duty for old speakers if i carry.

Regards
Narayana

Hi

But my company is going to pay me for 140 Kilos, i have nothing to carry from here(only 40 kilos my max luggage). Better i should avail when they paying for me.

Just checking all the sites here in denmark for the best used ones like tannoy, sonus, martin.... But looking for good deals. I will keep the deals i got here. Let me know which one is the best.

Thanks
Narayana

But my company is going to pay me for 140 Kilos, i have nothing to carry from here(only 40 kilos my max luggage). Better i should avail when they paying for me.

Lucky you. And like they say, make hay when the sun shines. Get a big pair of DynAudio Contours then mate. I'd go crazy shopping if I weren't to pay the shipping :cool:

Hi Nari,
Ya get the contours. Good speakers.
If the company is paying then i guess its ok to send by air cargo as otherwise its pretty expensive.
I am not too sure of the duty angle. My take is that u will have to pay some duty. Actually since i have always carried stuff myself i cant comment on duty on unaccompanied baggage.
Regards

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back