Dali or Jamo......

Hi Nari,
Ya please post ur experience with the customs if possible. Have a safe journey.
Regards

Hi all,

My shipment came on 24th may to Bangalore new airport and i got my them on 30th. Luckily without my presence everything got cleared and did't paid a single pie for customs on speakers.

Thought it is first Cargo in the New bangalore airport. I took my setup to my native as i dont have a house in bangalore.

Once again thanks all for your precious time and valuable suggestions.

Thanks
Narayana

Hi Narayana,
Am glad it all worked out well 4 U. Congrats on a fine set up.
Please dont run a budget DVD player as ur source but try getting hold of a decent dedicated cdp.
U can always go to mermaid land if u cant get something decent here!!!
Regards

Hi all,

My shipment came on 24th may to Bangalore new airport and i got my them on 30th. Luckily without my presence everything got cleared and did't paid a single pie for customs on speakers.

Thanks
Narayana

Hi Narayana, who did the custom clearance & how much did you spent for the same ?
Regards

Hi Narayana, who did the custom clearance & how much did you spent for the same ?
Regards

Hi

I did't paid any customs, service providers(cargo peoples) took my passport and in my absences it is done. I dont know how they handled with the customs. But they said my shipment is first and it might be reason why no cusotms.

Rgds,
Narayana

Hi

I did't paid any customs, service providers(cargo peoples) took my passport and in my absences it is done. I dont know how they handled with the customs. But they said my shipment is first and it might be reason why no cusotms.

Rgds,
Narayana

Gosh...
is that the case....???

Guyz please let me know, where and when is the new international airport is coming up...
My friend will be coming from US in 1st week of August, i will order the stuff in US, so that he can bring some...
And will tell him to book his flight tickets, on the exact date of the first flight at new airport...

Hope the customs, people leave my stuff, to untouched from duty, as it can be the first cargo...:p

Hi

Rgds,
Narayana

Hi Narayan, how much did you give as fee to the cargo / service provider ?

tks

Hi Narayan, how much did you give as fee to the cargo / service provider ?

tks

Hi RB9,

I paid nothing from my pocket, my company paid for that. I spend no pie from my pocket other than the tip to cargo guys who brought my shipment.

Thanks
Narayana

Gosh...
is that the case....???

Guyz please let me know, where and when is the new international airport is coming up...
My friend will be coming from US in 1st week of August, i will order the stuff in US, so that he can bring some...
And will tell him to book his flight tickets, on the exact date of the first flight at new airport...

Hope the customs, people leave my stuff, to untouched from duty, as it can be the first cargo...:p

Hi Mridul,

Bangalore new airport is opened on 23th May and got my shipment on 24th to new International airport.

Thanks
Narayana

Hi Narayana,
Am glad it all worked out well 4 U. Congrats on a fine set up.
Please dont run a budget DVD player as ur source but try getting hold of a decent dedicated cdp.
U can always go to mermaid land if u cant get something decent here!!!
Regards

Hi Dinyaar,

Thanks alot, at present am using Philips DVD Player. 21st of this month going to get a new Oppo 981 DVD Player.

May in couple of months i will go for a new CD player, i will ask one of my friends to bring it from Copenhagen. Will do that after consulting HIVISION advices.

By the way i forget to tell you onething i also brought one Vintage Sansui tuner, itz pretty good and the condition is also good. He who sell me the speakers gave it for free.

Thanks
Narayana

Hi Dinyaar,

Thanks alot, at present am using Philips DVD Player. 21st of this month going to get a new Oppo 981 DVD Player.

May in couple of months i will go for a new CD player, i will ask one of my friends to bring it from Copenhagen. Will do that after consulting HIVISION advices.

By the way i forget to tell you onething i also brought one Vintage Sansui tuner, itz pretty good and the condition is also good. He who sell me the speakers gave it for free.

Thanks
Narayana

Hi Nari,
U are a lucky guy!!!! Am sure the tuner will sound good.
Nari i am not too sure about the oppo s musical abilities as the one i heard sounded like a DVD player!!!!!!!!! I know most guys rave about the player and am sure its a cracking DVD player but maybe u will need a dedicated CDP in my opinion.
Please post pictures of ur speakers on Anils thread.
Regards

Hi Nari,
U are a lucky guy!!!! Am sure the tuner will sound good.
Nari i am not too sure about the oppo s musical abilities as the one i heard sounded like a DVD player!!!!!!!!! I know most guys rave about the player and am sure its a cracking DVD player but maybe u will need a dedicated CDP in my opinion.
Please post pictures of ur speakers on Anils thread.
Regards

Hi Dinyaar,

Regarding the IC's am planning to take GOTHAM Interconnect made in swiss thro' ebay. Many danish guys and uk guys suggested them, they said them are cheap n best when compared to the best brands. So i ordered 3 pairs.
If possible kindly check in ebay.co.uk and give me your comments. I listen speakers with those IC's and compared with Audioquest and did't find any difference.

Thanks
Narayana

Hi Nari,
I dont want to start a war/argument but i do believe in cables making a difference to the over all sound of the system. How much difference/how much to spend/ Could the money not go into better electronics are all topics for arguments.
I have no experience with the cables u mentioned(saw the link provided).
But IMPORTANTLY since u could not tell the difference between the Audioquest and the Gotham u did the right thing by going with the cheaper option as u never buy anything if u cant tell the difference/improvement!!!!
Am sure the end result will be musically rewarding.
Regards

Hi Dinyaar,

Thanks
Narayana

Nari its a crime to pair a speaker as good as the contour with a DVD player. Please get a good source... atleast an entry level CD player if not better. You might look at chinese DACs as well as they are very good bang for the buck.

What amp have you paired them with? Those dyns will need atleast 150W of quality amplification to sing properly. Interconnects can take a back seat now. If you are short of funds, just get a 500 rupee MX interconnect. It'll do the job. However please don't skimp on source and interconnect.

Hi Reignofchaos,

Thanks Reign am using nad c372, will surely get a new cd player. At present using Argon IC's(product of HIFIKLUBBEN, denmark) and Audioquest TYPE 4 Speaker wires.

At present i kept all the setup in native, in a month or two will take a house then will shift all my setup to Bangalore. I am not neglecting any thing in my setup. I will try to make it best to my level.

Oppo dvd is temporary and will be only for watching movies. CD player and LCD tv are pending in my setup.

Thanks
Narayana

Hi Reignofchaos,

Thanks Reign am using nad c372, will surely get a new cd player. At present using Argon IC's(product of HIFIKLUBBEN, denmark) and Audioquest TYPE 4 Speaker wires.

At present i kept all the setup in native, in a month or two will take a house then will shift all my setup to Bangalore. I am not neglecting any thing in my setup. I will try to make it best to my level.

Oppo dvd is temporary and will be only for watching movies. CD player and LCD tv are pending in my setup.

Thanks
Narayana

Hm... then I guess its okay. The C372 is a great amp for grunt. As for tonality, I'm not that sure. I'm not a fan of NAD house sound but then thats just me. Once you are in Bangalore, would love to listen to the setup. I'm a big fan of Dynaudio.

Dali Ikon 6 HT package. You just cant go wrong with that combo. (personal experience:cool:)

Ikon 6 Speakers

But then, if you can afford, do audition the new Helicon 800MK2. They are so classy and majestic, one will fall in love with them at first sight.

Helicon 800 MK2Speakers

Best Regards.

Hi, I totally agree with you. I've heard the dali ikon 6 HT package and they sound beautiful, nothing compared to other leading brands found in India.
Could u please let me know how much this package should cost me. The dealer whom I approached quoted around 1.75 lacs for the complete package wiring included. Do you think its a good deal? or am i being taken for a ride?
thanks

The dealer whom I approached quoted around 1.75 lacs for the complete package wiring included. Do you think its a good deal? or am i being taken for a ride?
thanks

I know there are a numer of dealers on this forum but one rule of thumb during negotiation as a buyer is not package the entire thing and go for a price. The reason is that there is a huge markup in accessories like cables etc that will not be apparent when the sellers talk about the nice deals you might be getting on speakers or AVRs. They usually spread the profits on other things while providing the "package deal price"

Negotiate on the speakers, AVRs, accessories separately and then put them together and bargain a second time on the total price.

Hi, I totally agree with you. I've heard the dali ikon 6 HT package and they sound beautiful, nothing compared to other leading brands found in India.
Could u please let me know how much this package should cost me. The dealer whom I approached quoted around 1.75 lacs for the complete package wiring included. Do you think its a good deal? or am i being taken for a ride?
thanks

What wires are they giving alongwith? 1.75 lacs seems to be a great price to me. Make sure you get what is the standard Dali Ikon 6 HT package. Cables are going to be a freebie I would say.

What wires are they giving alongwith? 1.75 lacs seems to be a great price to me. Make sure you get what is the standard Dali Ikon 6 HT package. Cables are going to be a freebie I would say.

Well the place where i got the price quote from has a variety of cables and interconnects. He's willing to give away the standard quality cables for free but not the better quality ones and that I'd have to pay for them. I think i better stick with quality.
I've put the decision to buy on hold for the moment. Still exploring the market.
Thanks for letting me know your opinion. It makes a lot of difference.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back