Dali zensor 3 vs Elac 6.2

Love4sound

Dear Fm’s

How many of you have heard the Dali z3 and Elac 6.2 in a same set up? Would like your feedback. Since I have mounted the LR so close to the wall and recently got a 65 inch tv which now makes the LR so close to both wall and tv,it is affecting the rear port performance. I am wondering if using a front ported LR will solve this issue. Not expecting a big upgrade but just want the previous performance I had with the Z3. If any one can confirm it is as good as the z3 I’ll consider selling the z3 and buy the Elac 6.2

Why not try to place them in a stand like this instead of wall mounting the speakers?

https://www.amazon.in/MYL-Speaker-Wall-Mount-2mounts/dp/B01BM6FOMO/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3JF167ECEW2D0&dchild=1&keywords=myl+speaker+wall+mount&qid=1597061285&sprefix=myl+,aps,397&sr=8-3

81jRBY43PWL._SL1500_.jpg

It should solve your problem and you get about more than 8 inches of space from the wall. Your speakers can also be swiveled.

My Klipsch R15M surround speakers have a rear port and went for this. This would solve your purpose without spending more.

Why not try to place them in a stand like this instead of wall mounting the speakers?

https://www.amazon.in/MYL-Speaker-Wall-Mount-2mounts/dp/B01BM6FOMO/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3JF167ECEW2D0&dchild=1&keywords=myl+speaker+wall+mount&qid=1597061285&sprefix=myl+,aps,397&sr=8-3

View attachment 48368

It should solve your problem and you get about more than 8 inches of space from the wall. Your speakers can also be swiveled.

My Klipsch R15M surround speakers have a rear port and went for this. This would solve your purpose without spending more.
Awesome will give this a thought. Thanks sriram. Already I have few inches say 4-5 for the rear ports. But since I got a new big tv the LCR is kissing the tv so no breathing space in the sides as well. So thought a front ported may solve this problem

Last edited:
Dear Fm’s

How many of you have heard the Dali z3 and Elac 6.2 in a same set up? Would like your feedback. Since I have mounted the LR so close to the wall and recently got a 65 inch tv which now makes the LR so close to both wall and tv,it is affecting the rear port performance. I am wondering if using a front ported LR will solve this issue. Not expecting a big upgrade but just want the previous performance I had with the Z3. If any one can confirm it is as good as the z3 I’ll consider selling the z3 and buy the Elac 6.2
If you have subwoofer connected then you will be barely using the tuning frequency of the port because of the 80hz crossover.

If you have subwoofer connected then you will be barely using the tuning frequency of the port because of the 80hz crossover.
I have set the fronts crossover at 80hz. But at times I get muffled bass. Feels like there is some issues in the cross over region.

I would advise you to go for stands or a tall narrow side table that is solid (the bass performance won't be as taut but they can blend in well and add to the decor) but better than having them on the wall. That way, you can experiment with positioning as well.

I would advise you to go for stands or a tall narrow side table that is solid (the bass performance won't be as taut but they can blend in well and add to the decor) but better than having them on the wall. That way, you can experiment with positioning as well.
Well I can’t go for stands with my one year old daughter running around and pulling almost everything. Else I would have done it long time back

Well I can’t go for stands with my one year old daughter running around and pulling almost everything. Else I would have done it long time back
Perhaps you can get really heavy and relatively tall (27 inch and above so that they'll be out of reach, should cover you till she's at least 3 i guess?) stands and fill them with sand/shot/kitty litter. My stands weigh 20 kilos each (after having filed them with kitty litter, otherwise, they weigh 15 each) and are incredibly difficult to move for an adult, let alone a one year old.

Perhaps you can get really heavy and relatively tall (27 inch and above so that they'll be out of reach, should cover you till she's at least 3 i guess?) stands and fill them with sand/shot/kitty litter. My stands weigh 20 kilos each (after having filed them with kitty litter, otherwise, they weigh 15 each) and are incredibly difficult to move for an adult, let alone a one year old.
Things can be really unpredictable with young kids.. They turn even more dare-devilish by 3 . Mine just turned 3 so :)
A top heavy stand with a high CG is not worth the risk..

@Love4sound You have pretty nice subs.. why not bump up the x-over to 120 or so?

@Love4sound ...have you tried covering your tv with a thick blanket and listening to few songs....the TV glass surface may be creating too many reflections and affecting sound balance....
If after covering with blanket, you hear improvement, then you may have to push the TV as much back as possible and bring your speakers forward as much as possible.

Personally, I don't think bass port is an issue here and also dali and elac have very different sound signature.

Cheers
Siju

Things can be really unpredictable with young kids.. They turn even more dare-devilish by 3 . Mine just turned 3 so :)
A top heavy stand with a high CG is not worth the risk..

@Love4sound You have pretty nice subs.. why not bump up the x-over to 120 or so?
Hahaha yeah kids. I tried keeping at 120 and at times gets boomy and muddy. LCR 80 surrounds 100 and heights at 110. Just breaking my head when and how this muffled sound started in my set up and don’t know what is the culprit. Also at times bass feels like it’s about to come and hit u but it just disappears giving a flat effect. I have never had this issue even with entry level set up. I have tested with different avr, subwoofers and Blu-ray players to identify if issue is with some gears in the chain.

@Love4sound ...have you tried covering your tv with a thick blanket and listening to few songs....the TV glass surface may be creating too many reflections and affecting sound balance....
If after covering with blanket, you hear improvement, then you may have to push the TV as much back as possible and bring your speakers forward as much as possible.

Personally, I don't think bass port is an issue here and also dali and elac have very different sound signature.

Cheers
Siju
Ok many advising no issue with the port so I am not going to swap speakers any time soon. Need to figure out what’s wrong in my chain

Ok many advising no issue with the port so I am not going to swap speakers any time soon. Need to figure out what’s wrong in my chain
i hate to sing this tune but if you are having difficulty integrating your speakers (i suppose this is a concern mostly with music and not movies), i think its about time you tried out a REL. :p get one home for an audition if you can.

on another note, doesn't the 10.17 have an eq? tried playing around with those? @prateekatasniya might be able to help you out in this regard. He's got substantial experience with eq tuning of subs.

Last edited:
i hate to sing this tune but if you are having difficulty integrating your speakers (i suppose this is a concern mostly with music and not movies), i think its about time you tried out a REL. :p get one home for an audition if you can.

on another note, doesn't the 10.17 have an eq? tried playing around with those? @prateekatasniya might be able to help you out in this regard. He's got substantial experience with eq tuning of subs.
Well the thing is music is taken care now. There are lot of imperfections but some how managed to integrate it to my liking . Movies also it’s good only and no way I want to give a negative impression. It’s just that at certain scenes I get muffled sound. May be I am expecting to much

Hi Naveen,This may be due to acoustical problem or phase issue between ur speakers and sub.
Based on my small experience with REW u can do the following.
Since u have UMIK ,try measuring the subs first ( u can jack up the crossover in AVR Front speakers to the max say 250hz ).Then measure the response say 15 hz to 120hz.By doing this only sub response will be measured .
Then measure your Front speakers at Fullrange ( by keeping them as Large) . This will give the right crossover point. Then you can take measurements with Front speakers ( small) + sub by keeping the crossover at the nearest best crossover point found from above exercise.
Now u can compare with Fullrange measurements of speakers .The response below 80hz should follow the sub response trend.
Try different sub distance settings ,so that your sub+ speakers response should be better than Fullrange measurements.
Hope it may solve your issues.

Awesome will give this a thought. Thanks sriram. Already I have few inches say 4-5 for the rear ports. But since I got a new big tv the LCR is kissing the tv so no breathing space in the sides as well. So thought a front ported may solve this problem

Buddy can you please share the snap of your setup...I am confused as to how to use Zensor 1 for surrounds. Which Wall bracked you have used my friend for Zensor 1, can you please share the link. I wanted a wall bracket which can hold it easily and can be pointed on any direction. Please suggest

Buddy can you please share the snap of your setup...I am confused as to how to use Zensor 1 for surrounds. Which Wall bracked you have used my friend for Zensor 1, can you please share the link. I wanted a wall bracket which can hold it easily and can be pointed on any direction. Please suggest
F brackets and glass. U can get customised height adjustable as well. Can be used at any directions

9CEB109A-4F14-45C9-AC80-A0C791E794D3.jpeg

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back