dCS Debussy

Antelope Audio is probably the best clock going around. It’s the standard by which most other clocks are compared. It’s used in most studios.

Most studios have several digital devices and hence they need an external master clock so that all devices are connected to the master clock. In home audio, it will help if you have more than one digital device. For example if you have a transport and a dac, you either have an external clock to which both devices are connected or you slave one device to the other so that only one clock is used for timing as in the Esoteric. If you have only one device, an external clock might help if the internal clock is not upto the mark.

This article sheds more light

Last edited:
Antelope Audio is probably the best clock going around. It’s the standard by which most other clocks are compared. It’s used in most studios.
Thanks Prem for that feedback. Price wise also it seems to be cheaper when compared to dCS clocks.

Thanks Prem for that feedback. Price wise also it seems to be cheaper when compared to dCS clocks.
I cannot comment much because I haven't compared Antelope and dCS but attention to detail in dCS is excellent. But the proof is in the listening. I will someday compare these.

But what I am more interested in is that somebody shifted gear and became interested towards clock and I tell, don't let it calm down unless you get a clock. Yes, it is such a profound impact on listening experience with clock.

Last edited:
I have heard master-clocks in my system, albeit not the ones mentioned here. Couldn't tell much of a difference - perhaps my system wasn't resolving enough. I understand their benefit if one has to sync. multiple DAC's in a studio setting, but in a simple home system, I think one will need a very high resolving system to hear the benefit - if any!
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
I have heard master-clocks in my system, albeit not the ones mentioned here. Couldn't tell much of a difference - perhaps my system wasn't resolving enough. I understand their benefit if one has to sync. multiple DAC's in a studio setting, but in a simple home system, I think one will need a very high resolving system to hear the benefit - if any!
Cheers,
Sid
I too started with Mutec and could hear difference but not that much that I jump on it but when I connected the dCS Puccini through this, changed the game substantially. As for this article, I can only say that we need to be careful because there are several misleading such articles.

With the kind of system you have, I would say if you can, get a dCS clock and try. Why dCS, because I have this in my system and and 100% confident that you will like it. But going by your signature, the only way you can use dCS is by introducing Mutec MC3+ in between.

So, last week I lent my clock infrastructure to one of my friends who has Schiit Gungnir and he is so impressed that he is willing to drop USD5K on the the system that itself if NOT of USD5K. I am yet to get it back from him :).

As for me, I am planning to get a Rossini clock.

I too started with Mutec and could hear difference but not that much that I jump on it but when I connected the dCS Puccini through this, changed the game substantially. As for this article, I can only say that we need to be careful because there are several misleading such articles.

With the kind of system you have, I would say if you can, get a dCS clock and try. Why dCS, because I have this in my system and and 100% confident that you will like it. But going by your signature, the only way you can use dCS is by introducing Mutec MC3+ in between.

So, last week I lent my clock infrastructure to one of my friends who has Schiit Gungnir and he is so impressed that he is willing to drop USD5K on the the system that itself if NOT of USD5K. I am yet to get it back from him :).

As for me, I am planning to get a Rossini clock.
Thanks Bornfi,
At this time I have no intention of introducing a clock in my setup - it would be a solution looking for a problem. I am thoroughly satisfied with the way my digital source is sounding, just this week I got the MDx upgrade board for my Bricasti, so will install that to see if there is any further improvement. Down the road I may pick up a Bartok or an MSB Select - though I suspect both will be sideways moves based on my current DAC. Regardless, good luck with your endevour.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
Did you try it direct to your amp? I am considering the Bartok which many reviews claim does not need a pre.
Cheers,
Sid
Yes I have DCS Rossini… but pre amp is required . I can use it direct with my power amp … still I prefer you will need a very good preamp later date

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back