Dealer in Chandigarh

Get2Ricky

I am looking for custom built HT with AVR budget 15-25K and 5.1 speakers 20-25K. Please if anyone can suggest from where in chandigarh i could get DENON,JBL,YAMAHA dealers where i can audition the stuff too, i would be really thankful.

So far i have tried SYMPHONY in sector 8 and Yamaha dealer (Melody House) But they don't have many options with them.

Melody House Sector 17 has Sony only
Melody House Sector 35 has Yamaha only (earlier they had Wharfedale too)
Symphony has various brands but they don't keep basic range/low end stuff and want to grab huge money from customers.

As you tried both locations, now you can look something from online websites like HTStore or Hi-Fi Mart. Your budget is 25K for AVR and another 25K for speakers?

Melody house has shifted their entire range to sector 17. They house JBL speakers and Yamaha receivers. They have a small demo room with multiple configurations hooked in. You should find something in your budget there.
As mentioned , Symphony sector 8 has alot of bands like Polk , Marantz , Rotel , Denon etc. But I doubt if he is a genuine dealer for most of them. You can go demo a few units and order online or better still head to delhi for plethora of options.

Melody House Sector 17 has Sony only
Melody House Sector 35 has Yamaha only (earlier they had Wharfedale too)
Symphony has various brands but they don't keep basic range/low end stuff and want to grab huge money from customers.

As you tried both locations, now you can look something from online websites like HTStore or Hi-Fi Mart. Your budget is 25K for AVR and another 25K for speakers?

Yeah thats the max budget for me, not more then 50K for everything. Would be really happy i could make it in 40s though xD

Melody house has shifted their entire range to sector 17. They house JBL speakers and Yamaha receivers. They have a small demo room with multiple configurations hooked in. You should find something in your budget there.
As mentioned , Symphony sector 8 has alot of bands like Polk , Marantz , Rotel , Denon etc. But I doubt if he is a genuine dealer for most of them. You can go demo a few units and order online or better still head to delhi for plethora of options.

Yeah they have insane pricing and Yamaha dealer in sector 35 Melody said his products are not genuine as he imports stuff and sell used ones and it won't be having any warranty.

Now if i purchase online say snapdeal or amazon, do i get company warranty?

ANd if i plan a trip to Delhi for a day, where i can audition and grab all the brands?? Any place where almost all brands are there as i will be doing updown from chandigarh to delhi and coming back by night because of job can;t spend more time then that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up my integrated yamaha amp from melody. it was a new sealed piece with bill and warranty. I know they are yamaha dealers. JBL i am not to sure but they do sell JBL speakers.
You could head to sound by design in Gurgaon. It is your one stop shop for all audio related needs that suits all budgets.

Hi,

I recently got a Yamaha system from Melody house and found it pretty nice. They give you proper bills and demonstrations. Symphony dealer made me feel like a poor soul.

You can also see some stuff at Reliance digital in Elante though they have poor knowledge and have kept defective pieces

I would like to add my experience dealing with Melody House Chandigarh. This is just to help out people no intentions to maligning dealer reputation.

I have a very bad experience doing business with them. They totally overlooked my requirements and sold me whatever they wanted to sell. The sale was on returnable/replaceable basis but when I expressed my dissatisfaction with in 20 to 25 days of the purchase ,they totally backed out and washed off their hands.

I don't have any issues with their dealing but after sales support. Typical Indian seller mind set, Goods once sold will not be taken back. They truly reflect this attitude. They don't care about customer satisfaction.

I am at a loss in Lacs just because I was sold what's totally useless for me.

If you want to deal with them, be clear at your own what you want to buy. Do not rely on their so called "expert" advice there is no expert advice at all.

About Symphony, at least they were able to suggest me right thing in the first place. I didn't buy anything from them because they don't deal in the brands I bought. Their price is bit steep though.

I was not aware that melody house is now a Klipsch dealer also. They have a decent collection of JBL and Yamaha. I remember picking my Yamaha stereo amp from them few years ago. As long as you know what you are after, they are okay to deal with. Asking them to suggest something is a no go.

I was not aware that melody house is now a Klipsch dealer also. They have a decent collection of JBL and Yamaha. I remember picking my Yamaha stereo amp from them few years ago. As long as you know what you are after, they are okay to deal with. Asking them to suggest something is a no go.
Absolutely true.

Hi,
I am also from Chandigarh.My suggestion is to take a Shatabdi and go to Delhi.Arrange for demos with various brand dealers prior to going there.Spend a day and get back with or without stuff.

The only consideration to go with local dealer was after sales support. But that failed miserably. Never ever trust Indian businessmen. They are transformers :)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back