Dealing with ennui: So, what do I do while waiting for my amplifier to warm up?

In my 30 years I have had a variety of amps - SS, tube, hybrid. Honestly I have never had any problems listening to them from the moment they are switched on. Maybe with a few tube amps, I had to wait for probably 5 min.

In my 30 years I have had a variety of amps - SS, tube, hybrid. Honestly I have never had any problems listening to them from the moment they are switched on. Maybe with a few tube amps, I had to wait for probably 5 min.
I saw this post on the Audigon forum thread on Amp warm up: “ While I agree that some warm up time is good, especially for tubed equipment, I think the major factor in improvement of sound over time is the human hearing and recognition ability…”

One thing I can say for sure is that music sounds better with warm up. The longer the better. And as the ambient noise goes down in the late night, the music tends to come alive.

What to do when the music warms up? There are no dearth of distractions in this modern age. I just spend time checking social media or this forum. I think the best approach is to calm oneself with meditation. The music will surely sound divine.

That would be ideal, yes. Unfortunately it does not. (Dared MP60)
I am new to tubes, so have a limited knowledge of these amps. I am not aware of any tube amps (not hybrids) that have standby functions (or even remote controls)
This can be done without remote implementation also, of course maybe implemented possibly in expensive ones. I remember a PS Audio article on this, which talks about some kind of stand by mode with a physical switch for quiescent current and low bias.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back