Decathlon

moktan

Wanted to know if any forum member has had any experience making online purchases with this company.
On the advice of a cycling enthusiast friend I ordered a mountain bike for my 8 year old son. The purchase , on my part was completed in 23 June. They issued the invoice etc.
Unfortunately the delivery hasn't been made even now. The company is not very communicative either. Only after repeated enquiries they said they had been having some problems getting the item sent by courier.
Of course no such issue was disclosed when the payment was made.
I am dealing with a gentleman called Mr Anubandh Suresh who seems genuinely eager to help but because something is so wrong with their delivery mechanism he has to punctuate our interactions with long embarrassed (?) silences.
I also noticed that the govt. portal for registering complaints is a funny one. They have a limited list of products and companies in the form. Tinkle is there but unfortunately not DECATHLON .
I am sure the cycle will be delivered one day.
But such are the travails sometimes of buying things online that I had to seek solace here.

Not sure where you are located. There are a no of retail outlets of decathlon in metros. You may contact them for delivery.

Don't know a lot about them but they have a outlet here in Ludhiana and their customers are usually very satisfied. Have you knocked on their Facebook page? It should help expedite your problem.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Don't know a lot about them but they have a outlet here in Ludhiana and their customers are usually very satisfied. Have you knocked on their Facebook page? It should help expedite your problem.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Came here to say the same thing

I have been shopping from Decathlon for several years (Blru and Hyd). My impression has been that they are a very customer friendly outfit, who sometimes go out of the way to be helpful with advice, purchases, or returns etc.

I have ofc had no need to try their online route - stores were accessible. I would think that they should be equally friendly and helpful in solving your issues. I guess you have already written to them through their contact details provided on the website, I just looked and there seems to be a primary address and an escalation one, in addition to a phone number. all the best with your issue getting resolved, i dont think a 8 yr should be bike deprived for long ! Just curious, what are you getting him.

ciao
gr

The cycle is a rock rider 300 junior. The delay in delivery is just a local issue. But it's not pleasant. The main grouse I have against the company is that they don't update the info.
I have had similar service issues with a Hitachi fridge. A great product but the lackadaisical approach of their local guys meant that a routine repair took more than a month.
I am based in Kalimpong, Darjeeling WB and last I heard they asked their Guwahati outlet to courier the cycle which cannot be delivered because the packaging is flimsy and the dtdc guy doesn't want to take any chances in the rain. So it's lying in a warehouse in Siliguri .
Thanks everyone for chipping in...

ps
DECATHLON informed that they sent it by bluedart. They even provided me with a docket number. But the bluedart system did not respond to that number. That was strange because I deal with bluedart all the time and they are as professional as they can come. Finally I learnt through my local contacts that the shipment was made through dtdc and not bluedart. The galling thing is the cycle company folks did not think it necessary to provide ANY such information but the change in the couriering agent. Rather inept way of handling things i think especially when their website makes pretentions of being an online store..

Last edited:
Decathlon is excellent from an in-store purchase perspective. They are very responsive, and in 9/10 cases would accept returns without questioning. However, their online systems are pretty basic and need to be used with caution unless you dont have access to any decathlon store.

The cycle is a rock rider 300 junior. The delay in delivery is just a local issue. But it's not pleasant<snip>So it's lying in a warehouse in Siliguri .

Waiting is bad enough as a mid century completed type waiting for swag to get delivered, so definitely not going to be pleasant for a young boy waiting for a bicycle - of all things !

That's a good choice, I'm sure your son will enjoy riding it. Keep the chain lubricated - not oiled - that will attract grit, lightly lubed, instruct him on how to use the gears :)

The distance from Siliguri to Kalimpong gmaps tells is 70 km, so maybe he is already riding it around ?

ciao
gr

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back