Decided on Inverter split AC. Help me select between the options

buBleZ

Hi Folks,
I went through the Air conditioner threads in this section particularly this one.
It has convinced me that I should go for a inverter type AC. Below is my usage scenario

1. Room size - 11.5 ft x 11.3 ft = ~130sqft. height = 9ft
2. Room is on 2nd floor in a 6 floor apartment.
3. Has a door facing east (within the house) and west side windows.
4. The windows doesn't receive direct sunlight as there is another apartment in 7 - 10 feet.
5. There is no insulation in the room. Windows are glass windows and moderately curtained.
6. My location - Bangalore.
7. Usage in summer for ~6 - 9 hours in weekdays. Weekends 10 - 13 hours.
8. There are no heat producing equipments in the room
9. Room is in a rented house . AC will be shifted to a new home in 2 years for a room size of ~150sqft
10. Budget ~30 -36K

Based on calculators available on AC websites I have found 1ton is enough for me. Following are the options (in no particular order) I found after going through forums. Now I need your help in selecting among these or another suitable option.
1. Sharp Split AH-XP13LV
This one seems to be a old model but COP is higher than the below newer model.
2. Sharp AH-XP13NRV
This one comes with Free kit and hence value for money.
3. Panasonic CS-S12PKY
Seems like this one will cost 40K + after which I can opt for Sharp 1.5 ton itself. Is the cost justified?
4. Panasonic CS-TS12PKY
This one seems to be missing some blingy stuff that the above model has
5. LG BS-Q126B8R4
This one doesn't come with a kit and with kit the price is ~40K for which I can opt for Sharp 1.5 ton itself with few thousand extra. Is the cost justified for this model?

Any inputs on where to purchase in Bangalore and what kit to purchase (specs of copper pipes, electrical wire etc.) will also be appreciated?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back