Dedicated CD player or External DAC

A good CD player is & will be the better route to take. In case the budget is currently not able to buy a good CD Player, then save some more to acquire one. You will be much happier in the long run if you do so.
How is Denon CD720 or 520 players?

Look at DCD1520AE in denon, which is now discontinued model replaced by DCD1600NE, which incidentally plays flac & dsd files as well. The cost is 1.10L though so obviously way over your budget. Are you ok with preowned units?

Look at DCD1520AE in denon, which is now discontinued model replaced by DCD1600NE, which incidentally plays flac & dsd files as well. The cost is 1.10L though so obviously way over your budget. Are you ok with preowned units?
No I would like to go to for new one...do all CD players play all formats of files if burnt as audio CD?

No I would like to go to for new one...do all CD players play all formats of files if burnt as audio CD?
Once it is burnt as an audio CD it does not matter what the original format was.

I would personally prefer the Marantz CD player over Denon, even though both come from the same parent company. Just remember that Marantz is detailed and bright. If you want a different sound signature, check out NAD and Arcam too. All of them make great budget CD players.

Once it is burnt as an audio CD it does not matter what the original format was.

I would personally prefer the Marantz CD player over Denon, even though both come from the same parent company. Just remember that Marantz is detailed and bright. If you want a different sound signature, check out NAD and Arcam too. All of them make great budget CD players.
I have option if NAD c 516 bee, how is it any idea?

I have option if NAD c 516 bee, how is it any idea?
It is good. Just listen to both the players and buy whatever sounds better to you. Makes sure you listen to the same CDs (carry your own favourite music). It would be even better if you could audition it in your system, but most of the time that is not possible.

It is good. Just listen to both the players and buy whatever sounds better to you. Makes sure you listen to the same CDs (carry your own favourite music). It would be even better if you could audition it in your system, but most of the time that is not possible.
Even to test it not possible for me as I will buy it from UK.

Than
DACs of that price range need not sound good. But if you can get a CD player for that price, it will definitely be better. If you want a DAC to sound better than the 20k cd player, you will have to invest in a DAC costing around 50k. Why bother? CD player is the way to go.....as yet.
Thanks for your suggestion...it eliminates the DAC option & open for CD player only...

After doing A/B Comparison between Marantz & Denon, I really began to understand that I preferred the Denon sound. Yes, inspite belonging to the same parent company, both have different sound signature thanks to different DAC chips & power supplies. Marantz has built up a lot of hype and Denon does not get the respect it deserves, be it their higher end stereo amps or CD players.
Incidentally, I too earlier was prejudiced towards Marantz sound, which now in hindsight I see as my mistake.
I would suggest you look at denon seriously as well.

After doing A/B Comparison between Marantz & Denon, I really began to understand that I preferred the Denon sound. Yes, inspite belonging to the same parent company, both have different sound signature thanks to different DAC chips & power supplies. Marantz has built up a lot of hype and Denon does not get the respect it deserves, be it their higher end stereo amps or CD players.
Incidentally, I too earlier was prejudiced towards Marantz sound, which now in hindsight I see as my mistake.
That's great news for me I can get Denon CD 520ae in 13k & 720 in 17k.720 has USB input also for mp3 songs along with AL 32 processing.

How did you compare both... Do you own them?

How did you compare both... Do you own them?
Friend has Marantz SA11S2, I have DCD1520AE. Infact, after doing the A/B, even he has realised that the Denon sounds better & decided to sell his Marantz SA11S2 listed on another classifieds site.

Friend has Marantz SA11S2, I have DCD1520AE. Infact, after doing the A/B, even he has realised that the Denon sounds better & decided to sell his Marantz SA11S2 listed on another classifieds site.
Thanks for your suggestion...Denon player is in my budget & fulfills all requirement...

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back