Dedicated home theatre room done

pantpank

Hello all!

My dream home theatre room is finally completed.
I have used acoustic panels on side and back walls to improve sound quality in the room and with my 10 year old htib onkyo 5.1 channels avr it sounds so much better than most of the theatres out there.

The screen is 138 inch big and from a viewing distance of around 11 feet, the imax videos look so immersive!

The speakers set up is Pioneer Andrew jones floorstanders and center channel along with BIC pl200i sub and old Kenwood speakers as surrounds. I am so happy and thrilled with this setup.

I will be upgrading to Denon 2500 in couple of months. Wondering how much more improvement there will be in sound quality along Atmos (provision done for Atmos speakers in the ceiling)

Would like to thank the forum members who helped in suggesting the subwoofer (bic pl200ii) and room acoustic treatment.

Screenshot_20190325-112823__01.jpgScreenshot_20190325-112808__01.jpg
IMG-20190324-WA0032.jpgScreenshot_20190325-112749__01.jpgScreenshot_20190325-112858__01.jpg

Hello all!

My dream home theatre room is finally completed.
I have used acoustic panels on side and back walls to improve sound quality in the room and with my 10 year old htib onkyo 5.1 channels avr it sounds so much better than most of the theatres out there.

The screen is 138 inch big and from a viewing distance of around 11 feet, the imax videos look so immersive!

The speakers set up is Pioneer Andrew jones floorstanders and center channel along with BIC pl200i sub and old Kenwood speakers as surrounds. I am so happy and thrilled with this setup.

I will be upgrading to Denon 2500 in couple of months. Wondering how much more improvement there will be in sound quality along Atmos (provision done for Atmos speakers in the ceiling)

Would like to thank the forum members who helped in suggesting the subwoofer (bic pl200ii) and room acoustic treatment.

View attachment 34642View attachment 34643
View attachment 34637View attachment 34640View attachment 34641
Looks impressive.Can you also give the breakup cost on the room creation . which will also help others to plan for an Deticated HT room.

The projector is Epson tw650. The cost for room creation was around 40k.
Carpentry- 15k (includes window packing, extra sliding door for soundproofing, acoustic panels frames and screen frame )
Ceiling pop- 10k
Electrical- 10k

The projector is Epson tw650. The cost for room creation was around 40k.
Carpentry- 15k (includes window packing, extra sliding door for soundproofing, acoustic panels frames and screen frame )
Ceiling pop- 10k
Electrical- 10k
Thanks for sharing the details .This will be a dream come true for many of them.I thought it may be in lakhs to bring such design . Anyways I will also start planning for my HT room

Thanks for sharing the details .This will be a dream come true for many of them.I thought it may be in lakhs to bring such design . Anyways I will also start planning for my HT room
Yes getting a dedicated home theatre room is a dream for many. And i don't think you need to invest a lot in getting it done. Many people spend lakhs in getting high end speakers and tv but imo all you need to do is get some decent speakers set up, take into consideration some basic acoustic treatment and get a projector to get a true cinema-like experience and trust me its really worth it.

Looks nice .....what is the projector screen used here??my HT room is also under construction

Have following AV gears:
5.0 poineer andrew jones speakers
Kliptch 12 inch subwoofer
poineer VS lx 303 5.1.4 amplifier
projector : view sonic px700HD

looking for following suggestions:
1. room treatment (planing some thing like rockwood in pine wood frames...suggest is any....)
2. projector screen(projector paint or DIY screen ???)
3. Acoustic Doors\curtains\blinders (do we need to install any sound proof material's).
4. Is floor matting really required, if yes what is the best material need to be used in budget???
5. my projector wall is 11 feet, what projector size do i need to install for 16:9 aspect ration screen , is 10 feet * 6 feet suffice for 16:9 aspect ratio?

Looks nice .....what is the projector screen used here??my HT room is also under construction

Have following AV gears:
5.0 poineer andrew jones speakers
Kliptch 12 inch subwoofer
poineer VS lx 303 5.1.4 amplifier
projector : view sonic px700HD

looking for following suggestions:
1. room treatment (planing some thing like rockwood in pine wood frames...suggest is any....)
2. projector screen(projector paint or DIY screen ???)
3. Acoustic Doors\curtains\blinders (do we need to install any sound proof material's).
4. Is floor matting really required, if yes what is the best material need to be used in budget???
5. my projector wall is 11 feet, what projector size do i need to install for 16:9 aspect ration screen , is 10 feet * 6 feet suffice for 16:9 aspect ratio?

You have a good speaker set up and avr. I am using Epson tw650 full hd projector which has very good colors and can project 140 inch diagonally from a distance of 11 feet.
1. Room treatment involves sound proofing and acoustic treatment. Many people confuse between these two. For soundproofing, If you have thick concrete walls then frames filled with rockwool not needed on entire walls. For better sound performance in the room, you can use acoustic panels (sound absorbers), diffusers and bass traps. I have simply used acoustic panels made of rockwool. At the moment i am quite happy with the sound performance in the room but might add bass traps on the corners in future. You can find plenty of diy videos on YouTube.
2. Many people are happy with a white painted wall but i have used a fixed frame screen with some locally available white cloth. I am still in process of sourcing spandex cloth of desired dimensions. The reason i went with fixed frame cloth screen is because it gives you theatre like feel. If you are planning to hide your front lcr speakers then you should go with spandex cloth screen which is Acoustic transparent screen.
3. If you have any window in your room then blackout cloth will be good as a curtain but it wont sound proof the outside area completely. I packed the window in my room with a drywall. The gap between window and drywall was filled with rockwool. Door sound proofing is the most important thing if you don't want the sound to travel outside the room. I have installed an additional sliding door but still i am not able to control the sound travelling outside. It is because of the gaps between door and its frame. I will be using weather strip gasket to seal the door.
4. The floor carpet makes a huge difference and i would definitely suggest to have one as it improves the sound a lot. So a basic wall to wall carpet will do the job. You can add a padding below the carpet so it will feel spongy.
5. Theres a projector screen size calculator available online. You just need to enter the diagonal dimension you looking for and it will give exact Length and height for 16:9 aspect ratio.

Nice...!

Where to get spandex cloth ? And also which cloth you got for covering acoustic panels?

Nice...!

Where to get spandex cloth ? And also which cloth you got for covering acoustic panels?
M still on look for spandex cloth. One of the fms has suggested to source it from kannan, a fellow member of the forum, who could provide it. Currently he is traveling. For acoustic panel it is advised to use simple cotton cloth, of which pants are stiched, and not use any thick fabric.

Nice job. Looks really nice.

One suggestion, check if you can cover the ceiling with felt or paint it in a matte black colour to avoid screen bleed.

Brilliant work enjoy it.
Hope you are going to let forum members whenever they in Indore have a feel if timing is suitable.

You have a good speaker set up and avr. I am using Epson tw650 full hd projector which has very good colors and can project 140 inch diagonally from a distance of 11 feet.
1. Room treatment involves sound proofing and acoustic treatment. Many people confuse between these two. For soundproofing, If you have thick concrete walls then frames filled with rockwool not needed on entire walls. For better sound performance in the room, you can use acoustic panels (sound absorbers), diffusers and bass traps. I have simply used acoustic panels made of rockwool. At the moment i am quite happy with the sound performance in the room but might add bass traps on the corners in future. You can find plenty of diy videos on YouTube.
2. Many people are happy with a white painted wall but i have used a fixed frame screen with some locally available white cloth. I am still in process of sourcing spandex cloth of desired dimensions. The reason i went with fixed frame cloth screen is because it gives you theatre like feel. If you are planning to hide your front lcr speakers then you should go with spandex cloth screen which is Acoustic transparent screen.
3. If you have any window in your room then blackout cloth will be good as a curtain but it wont sound proof the outside area completely. I packed the window in my room with a drywall. The gap between window and drywall was filled with rockwool. Door sound proofing is the most important thing if you don't want the sound to travel outside the room. I have installed an additional sliding door but still i am not able to control the sound travelling outside. It is because of the gaps between door and its frame. I will be using weather strip gasket to seal the door.
4. The floor carpet makes a huge difference and i would definitely suggest to have one as it improves the sound a lot. So a basic wall to wall carpet will do the job. You can add a padding below the carpet so it will feel spongy.
5. Theres a projector screen size calculator available online. You just need to enter the diagonal dimension you looking for and it will give exact Length and height for 16:9 aspect ratio.
Thanks for the inputs any pointers in ordering rock wool....??

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back