Dedicated HT setup

Billed on 07 March, installed about 15 days back. Total transportation about 3500.

LX304. 54500
Epson 650. 50000
Taga 806F. 27230 pair
Taga 806S. 6980 pair
Taga C100. 15990
Taga 500R V.4. 9000 pair ceiling

I used C100 for the clarity of dialogue as it is a big room. Absolutely clear.

Try prices with Pratham Arora at A V Zone, CR Park, Delhi or his father Sanjiv Arora, nice people. I did not buy from them (due to personal reasons) but they are clean. I think distributors for Onkyo, north India.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t have my hopes too high for overhead effects. First, most Atmos mixes are found on 4K discs that are far expensive in India. (I get the 4K discs shipped from Amazon UK: with UK VAT off, it gets cheaper).
Second, what I have observed is that even on 4K discs, the overheads are not too aggressive as the surrounds. It could be that my overheads are close to the rear surrounds without much breathing space for the speakers.
Third, I use bookshelves repurposed as overheads. You need overheads with wide dispersion angles, and that gets expensive too.
Not to discourage you on Atmos, but in short, getting the overhead effects right may not be as easy as it sounds. I would invest more on the fronts, then the amp, the sorrounds, and work the way up to the overheads when the budget allows. (I see that your set up is almost complete.)

I wouldn’t have my hopes too high for overhead effects. First, most Atmos mixes are found on 4K discs that are far expensive in India. (I get the 4K discs shipped from Amazon UK: with UK VAT off, it gets cheaper).
Second, what I have observed is that even on 4K discs, the overheads are not too aggressive as the surrounds. It could be that my overheads are close to the rear surrounds without much breathing space for the speakers.
Third, I use bookshelves repurposed as overheads. You need overheads with wide dispersion angles, and that gets expensive too.
Not to discourage you on Atmos, but in short, getting the overhead effects right may not be as easy as it sounds. I would invest more on the fronts, then the amp, the sorrounds, and work the way up to the overheads when the budget allows. (I see that your set up is almost complete.)

Yes, the basic 5.1.2 is complete. Now contemplating adding 2 more atmos or 2 rear. Looking at the bookshelf for ceiling / rear to stay flexible.

In fact I had also installed Taga TSW 212Se subwoofer (@26800), a 12" driver subwoofer, as I wanted to release the lower bass load from the front towers.

The towers also have very decent 2 x 8" drivers for reasonable bass (sufficient for regular music)

This just slipped my mind while recounting the details earlier.

I, 1st got all the best prices from dealers (my landed cost at Ajmer). Then I simply told my system integrator that I would pay him a direct fees over and above his landed cost for the whole integration and setup. He asked for 10% and I agreed. All his costs to me were better than the cost from all dealers. I saved about 7 to 8000 there.

In fact the only wasteful expenditure in the whole setup I feel is the motorised screen (150"), that I installed on an impulse. My wall is very similar in colour, it does a very good job. Some difference is there (slightly less bright), but not noticeable by most.

Everything has been paid for with a cheque so paid gst@18% on services also. Still after the last 2 pending speakers also, the total should work out below 2.6 lakh (within my target). Infact this helped me install more individual motorised recliners.

This forum has really helped me in my negotiations. Very often I would just repeat a lot of your input, to the dealers and my system integrator, so they gave me good prices, thinking that I know a lot (I don't know anything much, ).

A BIG THANKS. You all really helped.

In fact I had also installed Taga TSW 212Se subwoofer (@26800), a 12" driver subwoofer, as I wanted to release the lower bass load from the front towers.

The towers also have very decent 2 x 8" drivers for reasonable bass (sufficient for regular music)

This just slipped my mind while recounting the details earlier.

I, 1st got all the best prices from dealers (my landed cost at Ajmer). Then I simply told my system integrator that I would pay him a direct fees over and above his landed cost for the whole integration and setup. He asked for 10% and I agreed. All his costs to me were better than the cost from all dealers. I saved about 7 to 8000 there.

In fact the only wasteful expenditure in the whole setup I feel is the motorised screen (150"), that I installed on an impulse. My wall is very similar in colour, it does a very good job. Some difference is there (slightly less bright), but not noticeable by most.

Everything has been paid for with a cheque so paid gst@18% on services also. Still after the last 2 pending speakers also, the total should work out below 2.6 lakh (within my target). Infact this helped me install more individual motorised recliners.

This forum has really helped me in my negotiations. Very often I would just repeat a lot of your input, to the dealers and my system integrator, so they gave me good prices, thinking that I know a lot (I don't know anything much, ).

A BIG THANKS. You all really helped.
Congrats on your setup, please do share your review/feedback on the sound quality of your setup, especially the sub Tsw212se seems to be new and could not find any reviews,

Billed on 07 March, installed about 15 days back. Total transportation about 3500.

LX304. 54500
Epson 650. 50000
Taga 806F. 27230 pair
Taga 806S. 6980 pair
Taga C100. 15990

Try prices with Pratham Arora at A V Zone, CR Park, Delhi or his father Sanjiv Arora, nice people. I did not buy from them (due to personal reasons) but they are clean. I think distributors for Onkyo, north India.
Completely agree with you for about AV Zone. I have also bought Taga 806 5.0 package from him. Very nice guy to talk and you can audition anything that he have in stock. Moreover, he provided very nice price for speakers, although he was higher end for other items.

Completely agree with you for about AV Zone. I have also bought Taga 806 5.0 package from him. Very nice guy to talk and you can audition anything that he have in stock. Moreover, he provided very nice price for speakers, although he was higher end for other items.
AV Zone delhi??

I Am finalising the following setup for my dedicated HT, economic price. Size 550' (19x29).

Speakers:

Front: Taga 806F pair (29000)
Center: Taga C-40PR (12200) or Plat C-100 V.3 (18400), also looking at Polk CSiA4.
Surr: Taga 806S pair (8200)
Atmos: Taga TCW 500 R V.4 (10900 pair).
Subwoofer: Taga TSW 210 (22500) or 212se (26800)

Avr: pioneer 934 (42000) 7.2 or 304 (55000) - if I go for 9.2

Projector: Benq1050 (49000) or Epson 650 (52000)

7.2 equipment comes to about 1.75 lakh.

Wiring thinking of Amazon basics 14AWG
UPS?? 1KVA or 1.5. protect more than CVT. Needed or no??

Have tiled floor, so looking at putting rugs/thick durries.

Trying to finish off everything under 2.5 lakh including labour and accessories but false ceiling (basic), lights and seating extra.

Price is a major consideration.

Any comments or guidance?
Hi Sandeep,

I am new to this, i have a basic Taga 506 v2, and Yamaha Rxa - 770
looking for a Taga tsw 212 se.

Taga 212se s considered as a best Sub woofer in its price band

Can you give me some inputs on where you got this Taga 212se?

Which sub would you suggest?

I am apprehensive whether the AVRs (vsx934 7.2 @80w 2ch or lx304 9.2@100w 2ch) are sufficient? I can't find any reasonably priced avr with pre-outs. These seem to have vanished, though practically negligible cost attached to give preouts.

May have to open box and connect directly after warranty. LOL.:eek::p;)

Also can I use Amazon basics 16/14AWG speaker wires? Very decently priced
Hi Sandeep,

With out Sub you might enjoy it, but the heart is SUB only rest all will work good, when you put a sub with them its the Best.
Taga 212se is the best and better than Elac 10.2 debut.

The lows are good and even the make.

About the wire you need to go to 14 guage - depending on you room size 19*19, check the Finolex speaker wires, they are better than the amazon

LX304. 54500
Epson 650. 50000
Taga 806F. 27230 pair
Taga 806S. 6980 pair
Taga C100. 15990

From where did you get the Pioneer LX304 from ?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back