Dedicated section in audio components for subwoofers?

Analogous

Hi,
I had a question for FMs on connecting my sub to a stereo amplifier. I looked at existing threads but could not find any where I felt this question would fit well. Have I missed something or would be good to have a dedicated Subwoofer thread in the audio components section?

My question was: how to connect my stereo amplifier to a REL Strata 2? I want to use the high level input with a 4 pole Neutrik SpeakON (NL4FC) connector.

I watched the YouTube video from REL in setting up the Sub, but am still a bit unclear (confused) because the color coding of the wires referred to in the video is different from what I have (2 pairs- red and black) each of the poles has a number (+1 etc)

Do I connect the two red wires to the left and right positive speaker outputs and one black wire to the negative speaker out terminal on one side?

I would be grateful for Any suggestions from FMs with experience and knowledge of this.

I am not an expert to answer your question, but the below thread might help till our experts answer directly..

My question was: how to connect my stereo amplifier to a REL Strata 2? I want to use the high level input with a 4 pole Neutrik SpeakON (NL4FC) connector.

I watched the YouTube video from REL in setting up the Sub, but am still a bit unclear (confused) because the color coding of the wires referred to in the video is different from what I have (2 pairs- red and black) each of the poles has a number (+1 etc)

Do I connect the two red wires to the left and right positive speaker outputs and one black wire to the negative speaker out terminal on one side?

I would be grateful for Any suggestions from FMs with experience and knowledge of this.
What does the manual say?
If it is an old model send mail to REL. They respond quickly.

Cheers,
Raghu

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back