Defective AVR received from an online seller

Very few online retailers are actually authorized sellers. We have to confirm with Indian distributor before buying, but at times when we see a great price we just buy. Here it is just a misfortune that you have received a defective unit. Even if you had bought a AVR or speaker from a authorized seller they will not give you new unit as replacement for defective, rather they will share address of service center, you can get the unit serviced under warranty. But in your case if you are from Bangalore at least you can get it serviced, if you want free service see if Vplak has any tie-up with any service provider in Bangalore.

Oh this is really sad. Buy a new component that too in today's prices only to find it faulty. Stick tor reliable sources for buying electronic components.

Hope your receiver is repaired and in perfect condition soon.

MaSh

Just to clarify..Did you receiver this in a sealed condition? have you watched some unboxing videos to check if yours also had the same security seal...etc? Need this clarification for future buyers.

Last week I bought Zhiyun Smooth 4 mobile gimbal from Amazon. While overall rating for the product is 4+, I ordered first and then looked at 1 star reviews where it was clearly mentioned that some sellers are selling returned products.

So when the product was delivered, I had watched few unboxing videos to see how a brand new sealed unit looked like. In my case, did not need much help to know if it was a returned product since the seller just bubble wrapped the product and the original box itself was missing!!

Anyways I called up Amazon and got the refund. of course in your case if the seller is not responding then doing unboxing video is not of much use.

Last year I was pissed off with Amazon, so I went to governments online portal and filed a complaint and Amazon responded.

During Covid, I did buy something from mom and pop website and the item did not get delivered. So I filed an online complaint on the governments website and it seemed that the seller did get the notice. After the covid restriction was lifted, the seller did contact me and apologized and asked me to take back the complaint.

Hence file a complaint with central governments online portal for online buying and also file complaint at state level cyber crime portals.

Few examples:

Have you not filed a online consumer complaint yet ?
The seller would have got a notice and responded by now and your problems could be resolved.

One of my friends did order JBL Ceiling speakers on Vplak. Speakers not received nor the refund.
Better to stay away from such fraudsters.

There are so many complains again VPLAK. How come cyber crime police hasn't taken any action?
A lot of issues can be seen with sites like Vplak and Ubuy. It is also the buyers diligence to check on buyer experiences by googling & not to get enticed by their lower prices. Losing money is one headache, following up is another one which is just not worth it.

Its really annoying when you buy a brand new product and you get a defective one. Its high time such sites are taken off after repeated such incidents.
For peace of mind if a thread can be created where both dealers and authorized sites of each state can be mentioned -it will be helpful.

A lot of issues can be seen with sites like Vplak and Ubuy. It is also the buyers diligence to check on buyer experiences by googling & not to get enticed by their lower prices. Losing money is one headache, following up is another one which is just not worth it.
I had similar experience with a website called avshack.in. They sent me a price that is lower than advertised in the website. I transferred the amount to their account. There was no response after that. No replies to mails, no response to phone. I was really worried as I had transferred 2L+. Finally someone called telling that the model is out of stock, and they can only send a more expensive alternative. I asked for refund but they kept on delaying. Only a small amount was refunded and there was no response after that. They said that the owner is newly married, and was in his honeymoon.
So..... I called his number at 2.00 am, woke him up and treated him the way a cheat should be treated.
Money was back in my account next morning.
The owner is known to many in this forum. Many swear by the cheap rates. Equal number of people have faced problem with him.
I have all mail and WhatsApp correspondence in record as a proof of his attempted bait and switch behavior.
I was lucky to get my money back, thanks to my strong arm rowdy tactics, but many cases would require legal/police action.

Last edited:
I had similar experience with a website called avshack.in. They sent me a price that is lower than advertised in the website. I transferred the amount to their account. There was no response after that. No replies to mails, no response to phone. I was really worried as I had transferred 2L+. Finally someone called telling that the model is out of stock, and they can only send a more expensive alternative. I asked for refund but they kept on delaying. Only a small amount was refunded and there was no response after that. They said that the owner is newly married, and was in his honeymoon.
So..... I called his number at 2.00 am, woke him up and treated him the way a cheat should be treated.
Money was back in my account next morning.
The owner is known to many in this forum. Many swear by the cheap rates. Equal number of people have faced problem with him.
I have all mail and WhatsApp correspondence in record as a proof of his attempted bait and switch behavior.
I was lucky to get my money back, thanks to my strong arm rowdy tactics, but many cases would require legal/police action.
This is a surprise, could you kindly mention the owners full name & his forum handle so other forum members don't suffer the same way?

Thanks.

This is a surprise, could you kindly mention the owners full name & his forum handle so other forum members don't suffer the same way?

Thanks.
Hi .there is a lady on this forum from bangalore.i helped her to get a acoustic concept speakers at a discounted price from my contact.
For avr and projector she choose to buy it from different seller in Bangalore as she got 5 k more discount.
3 days back
My person only aggred for installation.bingo look what happened.the moment they switched on avt it clipped and power button started blinking and it was not working.
She called the supplier he refused to any responsibility and told her visit aha technologies
Aha Technologies - Bangalore AHA Technologies
31/2, Netaji Rd, Pulkeshi Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560005, India
+91 99646 89378
I told her to visit profx as they are official distributors of denon .it's denon 3700.
That person warned her not to approach profx.
She asked for replacement but he says it's warranty not guarantee so can't be changed.
She bought it with so much enthusiasm and today is her new home gruhapravesh . when she raised about legal aspects he told her to drop it his shop.
I advised her to send an email and keep all records.
His attitude of not taking responsibility
bothers and i ask all from Bangalore to stay away from this seller.
It was an unopened box piece didn't work even for a second.

https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp=eJzj4tZP1zcsSTctzsgpMWC0UjGoME5KTDU0NbRINjQ2tDQyMrcyqEg1M0lKMTcysrRMMk4zN_GSLC4tqkxUKK4sLknNLVZQUyjOzyktyczPKwYAePoYEw&q=surya+systems+&+solutions&oq=surya+sy&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j46i175i199i512j0i512l12.2096j0j9&client=ms-android-samsung-gs-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8 seller is Surya systems Bangalore.

Last edited:

Thanks.
He is not a forum member AFAIK. But he is popular with many of the people here, and is recommended by many.
I've mentioned that website name. They operate from a warehouse in Delhi. I don't want to mention his name, but you can possibly get it by searching in this forum itself.

Avshack.in has been blacklisted by many distributors for his wrong practices. Please do not fall for the additional 5-10% disc as most of his prices are from old pricelists and he fails to honor them. He uses additional disc as a bait.

Whenever it comes to buying electronic AV gears., fellas we all need to have a big heart so that we can loosen up our wallets and get these from a local trusted guy. Rather than buying online, I prefer to negotiate the price with the local guy and buy it. These fraud seller thinks themselves protected as there is no direct or face to face interaction with the buyer as most often the products are prepaid and delivered through shipments. The local guy may give you higher price but quite often takes the responsibility in case something goes wrong. We quite often run after cheaper things and that's the bait these fraudster use.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back