Definitive technology subwoofers--supercube reference or the trinity

Thanks for the demo yesterday Subhash. It was nice meeting you and other HFV-ians namely Buswal and Aneelr yesterday.

Congrats again man, your sub just rocks. I have never felt or heard bass hit this hard. Like Subhash has mentioned, this sub just sits there and performs when required and goes back to sitting as though nothing happened. Bass is so tight and spot-on. Rightfully, Definitive Technology have not included an LED indicator....we'll know when it kicks in anyways.

We checked out the sub in both Audio and Video applications. Subhash played scenes from Mummy and Terminator - Rise of the machines. The sub goes to really really low frequencies and sometimes made me almost jump of out my chair. For Audio, we listened songs from Dil Se and some fantastic tracks that Bushwal carried with him. Never knew those tracks could sound like that. Just fantastic buddy.

The only other really powerful sub that I have experienced so far is the 1000w Sunfire. But this one is in a class of its own. Kudos to your for buying something like this:clapping:

friend of mine from chennai suggested to place the sub on kadappa stone

i believe thats the easiest and most economical way to cut out the frequencies travelling thro the floor by atleast50-60:/: or use sub isolators which wud cost around 20k onwards

will try out the first option

I assume you do not live in a flat. Are the neighbors complaining?

no ananth its an independent house , but the houses are close by

there has not been any complaints from the neighbours as yet , but am sure its bound to come soon if i dont change my late night listening and movi watching sessions:lol:

Congratulations Subhash.. reading your every post on trinity was a long episode to me....just loved the way you said about vibrations:lol:....the imagination of trinity's bass is just overwhelming me here...fix your room soon and enjoy the low frequencies:clapping:

Naren

Hi Guys ,

I am new to the site . can some one help me out. I am planing on buying a 2nd hand Kef Q90 speakers . do you know how good these speakers are , Only thing I know its pretty old .

cheers

Hi,

It was a nice demo at your place, i've never auditioned a sub more than 500W power, this 2000W(beast/mammoth) sub was simply stunning. And thanks for your invitation.

Just try to watch

MOVIE:- Black Hawk Down [2001][Bluray]

Black Hawk Down (2001)

MUSIC VIDEO:- Blue Man Groups, How To Be A Megastar [Bluray]

How To Be A Megastar Tour

You could do with a DVD also, as main priority is for Sound.
Enjoy the effects!!!!!!!

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

cheers

awesome bro just aweeeeeesome :cool:
i'm jealous now man :) ,i really want that sub but it hieght is 31 inches which is an issue for me cause my screen is just 26 inches from the ground so i put my eyes on reference i'm already start to save money for it :cool:

one thing i wanna know as you said trinty is120 not 220 ,is reference is too 120 so which converter you use which brand and how many watts does reference consume for electricity
bro do you know the price for deftech reference and as you know this sub or trinity doesn't have any rubber feet or something so what to put beneath it for stable platform as i have floor tiles in my room so please suggest

Last edited:
i'm jealous now man :) ,i really want that sub but it hieght is 31 inches which is an issue for me cause my screen is just 26 inches from the ground so i put my eyes on reference i'm already start to save money for it :cool:

one thing i wanna know as you said trinty is120 not 220 ,is reference is too 120 so which converter you use which brand and how many watts does reference consume for electricity
bro do you know the price for deftech reference

manu bahi i think u shud go for the trinity,its fantastic --about position u cud try a different location other than in front

the reference is also supposed to be good , but according to reviews 2 reference subs = 1 trinity sub , so u cud pick up 2

all though mentioned as 110 , this sub was bought by the previous owner from chennai (audio people) so the suitable conversion had already been done before shipping to asia , so all models of def tech made for asia is 220v

so not to bother

u cud place them over any hard surface laid with thick carpet , that shud do , i am still researching on how to cut out vibrations reaching the first and ground floor

this sub is really heavy , abt 90kgs

prices in bangalore for new def tech reference ---97k
def tech trinity -----2.4 (+/- 10k)
but these are priced more @ the audio people chennai,

if interested will pm u the contact of bangalore dealer

Last edited:
Mr.Bassking, no SVS then:)? Maybe the height is a problem with the SVS also. Here is a pic of the SVS Tube like sub in sidvee's system here:D.

Go for DT reference if not trinity itself by changing the placement. Subhash's trinity just rocks man, I am sure you will love it.

Last edited:
hey brothers(santhol2 and subash) thanks brothers for suggestions
actually bros. i also gonna buy epson projector so trinity for 2.4 lacs is kinda out of budget coz i'm gonna save 2 lacs in which i have to buy epson 8100 and as you give me the price for reference around 97k so its in my budget

and santhol2 bro about svs its too out from my budget :D

so bros. does it live uo to my hype for svs,velodyne,hsu :sad:

and one more thing you haven't tell me how much watts it consume for electricity

Last edited:
hey brothers(santhol2 and subash) thanks brothers for suggestions
actually bros. i also gonna buy epson projector so trinity for 2.4 lacs is kinda out of budget coz i'm gonna save 2 lacs in which i have to buy epson 8100 and as you give me the price for reference around 97k so its in my budget

and santhol2 bro about svs its too out from my budget :D

so bros. does it live uo to my hype for svs,velodyne,hsu :sad:

so not sure if 1 reference wud satisfy u,

buy one now , and link it with another reference after some time

going by the reviews the reference seems to be very good too

or u cud save up for some time sell your existing subs and go for trinity for good, its going to be a one time investment

so not sure if 1 reference wud satisfy u,

buy one now , and link it with another reference after some time

going by the reviews the reference seems to be very good too

or u cud save up for some time sell your existing subs and go for trinity for good, its going to be a one time investment

thanks bro ,bro to be very frank 2.4lacs is too much for me for just sub so i can live with one reference coz the previous one i have is polk psw 125 so i guess it will be awesome upgrade form polk sub one more thing as it has one passive radiator so should i also need an external amplifier to power it or just connect it to onkyo 807 pre-out and bhai you also not tell me does it has always on switch or just auto on/off switch coz i like my sub to be always on

Last edited:
If I remember correctly the Def Tech Trinity(Flagship):licklips: was developed with only one goal in mind-to reproduce the lowest octave frequency of a pipe organ in Newyorks Trinity Church.Somewhere I read that it was so powerful that some ceiling tiles fell off during calibration.:eek: You'll probably never need to upgrade your subwoofer ever."This is It":D Just go ahead & bring it home.
I seriously envy you man:pjust kiddin.

Cut from Manufacturers Note:Capable of prodigious output in excess of 128 db at 20 Hz and 116 db at 16 Hz in a normal room.:eek:hyeah:
"high-definition bass performance extending effortlessly to 10 Hz".
Manu bhaiyya are you listening.;)

All the best and please post your feedback along with pics if possible.
Regards,
Samuel

samuel bhai i'm all ears ;)

came out with this idea

i used 2 anutone tiles , the same tiles that i have used for false ceiling

and sandwitched 2 slims in between the anutone boards and placed the sub

over it

this has helped to reduce the vibrations transmitted downstairs to about 50-60:/:

this costed abt 750, further changing to a thicker carpet underneath the sub shud help further

that's a good idea. I hope the sub doesn't crush those tiles into pieces!

came out with this idea

over it

this has helped to reduce the vibrations transmitted downstairs to about 50-60:/:

this costed abt 750, further changing to a thicker carpet underneath the sub shud help further

came out with this idea

over it

subash do i need external amp for driving passive subwoofer in refrence sub or the pre-out of onkyo 807 do the job and also my friend here cmsajith told me about diy sub named dayton do you think it will match definitive refrence sub

subash do i need external amp for driving passive subwoofer in refrence sub or the pre-out of onkyo 807 do the job and also my friend here cmsajith told me about diy sub named dayton do you think it will match definitive refrence sub

the 2 passive radiators in the def tech supercube will work on thier own along with the active woofer , they do not require external amplification, the LFE out of the AVR is the way to connect

no idea about the dayton DIY sub

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back