Definitive technology subwoofers--supercube reference or the trinity

Good DIY fix Subhash:clapping:.

i need to chk on this , the tiles looked strong
Roof tiles from Anutone are higher density than the ones they make for the wall. Since you have sandwiched with Anutone slims (a soft material), there should not be a problem. All this is theory and fine if it were a normal sub or any other 90kilo object. But what the trinity will do to the tiles, don't know:lol:

the 2 passive radiators in the def tech supercube will work on thier own along with the active woofer , they do not require external amplification, the LFE out of the AVR is the way to connect
You are right. This is because a passive radiator is similar to any other driver, except it does not have a voice coil. Since there is no bass port, the pressure generated by the powered driver moves the passive radiator as there is no escape path.

Hi subash,
Hope you are enjoying your trinity a lot.
Well your idea of placing the sub over the tiles seems good.I also tried to search the web for some other options too but none seems to work in the extreme low freq dept.Some people have used cinder blocks to isolate bass vibrations.
I have come up with an Idea but I'm very afraid of what you'll (and others alike will) think.
I am really sweating:eek: as I type this,but
here it goes,
Buy two Car tyre Tubes alone.Used will do.Inflate 1/2 to 3/4 of volume. Place the two tubes side by side and not one over another.Now place the Tiles over the two tubes(hope the tile is wide enough) and place the sub over the tile.The tube along with the tiles should absorb atleast some amount of vibration. Take extreme care while doing this,and before placing the sub over the tile try to stand on it.I hope you are not over 90.:D. Also I've read that the Trinity can be placed Vertically or Horizontally depending on installation requirements.Choose the best that seems stable.
If it works, later on the tubes and tiles can be cover with carpet.

I think I can't be more amateurish:eek:.Please excuse this crazy person called sam.Hope I won't be banned.:sad:

Best Regards,
Sam

Hi subash,
Hope you are enjoying your trinity a lot.
Well your idea of placing the sub over the tiles seems good.I also tried to search the web for some other options too but none seems to work in the extreme low freq dept.Some people have used cinder blocks to isolate bass vibrations.
I have come up with an Idea but I'm very afraid of what you'll (and others alike will) think.
I am really sweating:eek: as I type this,but
here it goes,
Buy two Car tyre Tubes alone.Used will do.Inflate 1/2 to 3/4 of volume. Place the two tubes side by side and not one over another.Now place the Tiles over the two tubes(hope the tile is wide enough) and place the sub over the tile.The tube along with the tiles should absorb atleast some amount of vibration. Take extreme care while doing this,and before placing the sub over the tile try to stand on it.I hope you are not over 90.:D. Also I've read that the Trinity can be placed Vertically or Horizontally depending on installation requirements.Choose the best that seems stable.
If it works, later on the tubes and tiles can be cover with carpet.

I think I can't be more amateurish:eek:.Please excuse this crazy person called sam.Hope I won't be banned.:sad:

Best Regards,
Sam
hi sam , definetly enjoying my music and movies much more than before, lot of audio cds sound totally different now.

i think the foundation (tiles on tubes wud be unstable mainly bcoz of the weight of the trinity even placed vertically or horizontally), and also aesthetically not look good

Last edited:
that's a good idea. I hope the sub doesn't crush those tiles into pieces!

sorry they are not tiles as mentioned , its a sound absorbant board ,its held on well, i replaced the slims with some kind of thick rubber mat supplied by the anutone company

i wudnt say that the vibrations below have totally reduced ,only to some extent, but at loud vol ,its the same
may be these subs are meant to be placed in a basement setup

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back