Delhi Audiophile get_together-Dec'09

A very good answer actually!

Thanks friend..... :)

Dr Sanjeev posseses arguably one of the best collections of music ( 50,000 LPs, 60,000 Cds, 300 originally recorded spool tapes !) & vintage gear ( He has the Quad 2 amp & the Quad 63 & the Quad 989 ES Speakers, among other gear

60,000 CDs and 50,000Lps !!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Kamal where in Ghz does Mr Sanjeev lives, since I am also in Ghz, let me put my request as well for a visit, when ever you all go to visit Mr Sanjeev's MONSTER collection.

Dr Sanjeev emailed me some pics of his colection last nite.
I have requested him to let me know the names of the eqpt in the pics-on receipt of this info, I'll post the pics alongwith descriptions.
Also, sam9s visited the doc this afternoon.I'd requested Sam to take his camera along to get some good, closeups of the eqpt .Lets see what sam brings back,pics/comments.
After discussing with Dr Sanjeev, a visit to his home in Kavi Nagar, Ghaziabad has been planned in the afternoon(bec of higher chances of stable power in Gzb in the AN, acc to the doc)- 1.30 /2pm- of Sunday, 17th Jan.
Audiophiles who are interested & will make it may plz post their confirmation so that Dr Sanjeev can be informed.
For starters, Viren, HifiAshok & I have decided to go.
Hopefully,this is enough of an advance notice, so,
Please do try to make it, guys, a very interesting afternoon is guaranteed!

Dr Sanjeev emailed me some pics of his colection last nite.
I have requested him to let me know the names of the eqpt in the pics-on receipt of this info, I'll post the pics alongwith descriptions.
Also, sam9s visited the doc this afternoon.I'd requested Sam to take his camera along to get some good, closeups of the eqpt .Lets see what sam brings back,pics/comments.
After discussing with Dr Sanjeev, a visit to his home in Kavi Nagar, Ghaziabad has been planned in the afternoon(bec of higher chances of stable power in Gzb in the AN, acc to the doc)- 1.30 /2pm- of Sunday, 17th Jan.
Audiophiles who are interested & will make it may plz post their confirmation so that Dr Sanjeev can be informed.

Kamal I have PM'ed you my visit's experience.....and count me in for that meet on 17th Jan as well. And keet it after 3 PM, electricity does not bestow its presence before 3.. :)

1.30 /2pm- of Sunday, 17th Jan.

Hi Kamal, you may count me in.

Is this Doc for real:rolleyes:?? So many LP's, CD's, Surly he must be a Audio Doc!:eek:hyeah:

--
helium
Amp: Lyrita SET 2A3
Speakers: Vintage B&W DM4
Source: LG DVD + Beresford DAC
Cables: Lyrita's I.C & cables

Thanks Ashish!

SKR - these amps and speakers, I am curious. How many years did it take for you getting into this hobby to accumulate this treasure trove? Also what genre of music do you generally prefer to listen to? Do you also use the same system for movies?

Hi thevortex,
It took me a long time to reach to this level.It needs lot of passion/obsession and means to achieve your desire. I was lucky in this respect. Even if you have means to buy these equipment but no passion then also you may not feel comfortable in spending so much on music. My love for good sounding system and stereo music started in 1970,s when I was doing CA in Kolkata. On my way to tennis courts in lake area I used to stop by and listen to Sonodyne stereo system very often and used to wonder if I could one day afford them. After getting a job I bought Phillips HIFI system (Receiver) and speakers and later added a phillips turntable. I still have records I bought then. In 1980's I came to bangkok and bought Yamaha system,then Bose and Denon, Pioneer receivers. by end of 1980's I got into real hiend when I bought Jeff Rowland power amp model-5 and Mirage speakers and later Mark Levinson 23.5 with Wilson Audio Watt Puppy. After that I got into tubes and bought Sonic Frontiers Tube Pre and power and tube DAC.
So this is how I kept going. Now I feel it is time to stop as my age is increasing and find it difficult to handle these heavy equipment and changing of cables etc. Earlier I used to enjoy all this but now I try to avoid. Let me see if I can ever overcome my obsession.
Regards
SKR

Sorry seem to be having some trouble with image shack-will try again later.
BTW, the pic in the post above is of the Quad 63 & 989.

These images, acc to the mail I recd from Dr Sanjeev are of the Duntech spkr,Quad2 Amp,EMT Turntable,MF Nuvista Amp,EAD T1000 P1A P3A & the Linn turntable; rest are of the LP/CD collection.
Wish I could post more details but at least the pics give a hint of what awaits us on our proposed visit...

Kamal when did you come to Ghz???? You shoudl have told me about your visit, and I could also have invited you to my house as well??? :sad:

EDIT ::: Sorry my bad did not see that those were mailed to you.....I apologize......:)

Last edited:
Quite right Sammy, I would'nt think of coming to GZB & not meeting you.
See you on the 17th....

Hi,

Some really mouth watering equipment.

I see some stacked Yamaha NS1000 speakers.(looks like the Doc has two pairs of one of the best speakers ever made)

Regards
Rajiv

Rajiv, I'm salivating at the prospect of looking & listening to the iconic Quads.
If the doc had nothing else, that would have been enough for me.
But this seems to be a gold mine!
Will post better pics, descriptions after the 17th visit.

Guys,

Bumping just to confirm once again, do we still have the program intact. And how many of audiophiles are we expecting to visit Ghz...?? I would like to extend the invitation from Dr Sanjeev to my house as well (its < a kilometer), if its ok with everybody......I dont have an audiophile equipment (not yet), a small HT I built just for the time being, my new house construction get completed.

I have just shifted to this rented house so its kinda scattered and messy, but we will have a warm place to sit and can have some Tea and snacks.....that is If people are interested......let me know......:)

Last edited:
I had a brief telephonic conversion with Kamalji this morning and I have volunteered to bring in my Innova and carry as many as 8 audiophile friends (including me) to Gaziabad, I have been trying to rope in Rahul Pandit, Dinesh (danccc) and Anant to go to Dr. Sanjeev's Place on Sunday. I shall take the route from Faridabad to Gaziabad via South Delhi and Noida so if anyone else wana hopp in then he is more than welcome. Please give your confirmation by sending a PM either to Kamalji or me as I have decided to bring Kamalji along.

Last edited:
I had a brief telephonic conversion with Kamalji this morning and I have volunteered to bring in my Innova and carry as many as 8 audiophile friends (including me) to Gaziabad, I have been trying to rope in Rahul Pandit, Dinesh (danccc) and Anant to go to Dr. Sanjeev's Place on Sunday. I shall take the route from Faridabad to Gaziabad via South Delhi and Noida so if anyone else wana hopp in then he is more than welcome. Please give your confirmation by sending a PM either to Kamalji or me as I have decided to bring Kamalji along.

ashishkesarwani that's very generous of you. Plz count me in, just let me know the time and I'll be there.

ashishkesarwani that's very generous of you. Plz count me in, just let me know the time and I'll be there.

I was really exicted with this get together but now since its prosponed for 24th and I am going out of town on that day for some urgent work realted stuff so I am really going to miss this meeting.

WTH you promised you would drop.....:mad:

Man even I was looking forward to this.......
I wish I had the equipment worth enough to call everybody to my house itself............anyway.....someday.....yes someday....very soon.....:)

Last edited:
WTH you promised you would drop.....:mad:

Man even I was looking forward to this.......
I wish I had the equipment worth enough to call everybody to my house itself............anyway.....someday.....yes someday....very soon.....:)

Relax! If your system is entertaining you then you know it is worthy!! Everybody is getting caught on the wrong side ex: PMPo/, watts, exotic brand names, size of the speaker, cost of the equipment etc...

I'll surly come to your place.;)

Sam we'll surely meet.
Plz don't feel so bad abt a postponement of just a few days.
like Helium put it so well, if your system gives you joy, in the end thats all that matters.

Relax! If your system is entertaining you then you know it is worthy!! Everybody is getting caught on the wrong side ex: PMPo/, watts, exotic brand names, size of the speaker, cost of the equipment etc...

I'll surly come to your place.;)

Gee thanks man you are most welcome, infact all are who wants to......I wanted Ashish to come as well......but now with the postponment, he will miss......

Ashish try to come this sat/sun specifically to my house.....

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back