DELHI PRICE :- OLED LG G1 for 2.2L and SONY A80J 2.2L inclusive of 12500 HDFC CC cashback

Picked up the A80J at 2.2L (incl 15,000 CB, no freebies, mandatory 6-month CC EMI plan) today.

Negotiations at multiple places had bottomed out at this price for two days, and no place was able to do better. So decided to take the plunge after sleeping over it.

Would like to thank all the FMs here who had first flagged that Sony was getting quite aggressive on pricing this year. Five months ago, I had not even bothered researching the Sonys as the prices were way too high.

Special thanks to @Jayaesh1 bhai for sharing his hands-on experience of how he found the XR processing superior. That led to a lot of side-by-side viewings, where I clearly liked the Sony's processing.

Having said that, during the multiple sessions, one thing I did clearly notice was that the C1 does get brighter in well-light environments, and some may even find the motion smoothing settings better on the C1. But playing around with the A80J settings did bring it on par. Also, in Sony's favour, at similar settings, I found that facial skin tone was far more superior, which made almost all kind of content realistic to my eyes.
Try to not compare your tv after buying it. Before buying it, do it real hard.

I understand that you are just giving other potential buyers your take. Why I am saying it, is because a buyer's remorse will sneak in and you'd feel horrible later.

Picked up the A80J at 2.2L (incl 15,000 CB, no freebies, mandatory 6-month CC EMI plan) today.

Negotiations at multiple places had bottomed out at this price for two days, and no place was able to do better. So decided to take the plunge after sleeping over it.

Would like to thank all the FMs here who had first flagged that Sony was getting quite aggressive on pricing this year. Five months ago, I had not even bothered researching the Sonys as the prices were way too high.

Special thanks to @Jayaesh1 bhai for sharing his hands-on experience of how he found the XR processing superior. That led to a lot of side-by-side viewings, where I clearly liked the Sony's processing.

Having said that, during the multiple sessions, one thing I did clearly notice was that the C1 does get brighter in well-light environments, and some may even find the motion smoothing settings better on the C1. But playing around with the A80J settings did bring it on par. Also, in Sony's favour, at similar settings, I found that facial skin tone was far more superior, which made almost all kind of content realistic to my eyes.
Congratulations brosky, hope you really enjoy your new flagship for the longest time n I hope you never ever suffer from the buyers remorse , do keep us posted about your feedback ... not now but sometimes in the future do consider going for a Apple TV or Nvidia shield Pro for better picture n audio processing as tv built in quad core processors are no match to the silicone used in the Apple, Nvidia.

Congratulations brosky, hope you really enjoy your new flagship for the longest time n I hope you never ever suffer from the buyers remorse , do keep us posted about your feedback ... not now but sometimes in the future do consider going for a Apple TV or Nvidia shield Pro for better picture n audio processing as tv built in quad core processors are no match to the silicone used in the Apple, Nvidia.
Congrats on the A 80J ... Just wondering how did you guys like the G1 compared to A80J ? We might get a better deal on G1 in compairson to sony here in chennai !

Like I said earlier, both a great TVs. The G1 has the Evo Panel, gets a bit more brighter than the C1, but it's major selling point is that it sits flush against the wall. A drawback in the Indian context is that there is no stand. So, you could try getting the C1 for even lower.

Coming to A80J vs G1, I liked the Sony image processing a lot. Why don't you try watching them side-by-side while playing some 1080p content and also one of these evenings when the STB cricket is on in the showrooms. These are two types of content i found a lot of difference in. A side-by-side should help you decide.

Will definitely plan down the line, bro.
Thanks a ton.

Like I said earlier, both a great TVs. The G1 has the Evo Panel, gets a bit more brighter than the C1, but it's major selling point is that it sits flush against the wall. A drawback in the Indian context is that there is no stand. So, you could try getting the C1 for even lower.

Coming to A80J vs G1, I liked the Sony image processing a lot. Why don't you try watching them side-by-side while playing some 1080p content and also one of these evenings when the STB cricket is on in the showrooms. These are two types of content i found a lot of difference in. A side-by-side should help you decide.
Thx will try doing it again :) May be need to carry a cup of coffee and sit there for a bit longer to check it. When looking at the deals in US. the G1 65" is priced considerably higher than A80J, hence wondering.. !!

Thx will try doing it again :) May be need to carry a cup of coffee and sit there for a bit longer to check it. When looking at the deals in US. the G1 65" is priced considerably higher than A80J, hence wondering.. !!
If I am not wrong, FM @Indranil Sen is from the US, has sampled both, and is quite knowledgeable. I remember a detailed post earlier... but can't find it...
He might be able to help.

The Sony A80J TV is offering a relatively high discount and that's why it feels like the price difference between it and LG G1 is significant. But the base price is very similar with LG G1 costs $100 more. When I compared them side by side back in the month of June I liked Sony for the following reasons
1. The picture looked sharper and clearer
2. Colour on Sony TV looked relatively more accurate than LG TV
3. I do not do gaming at all which is a core strength of any LG TV
However as I stated previously these differences were so insignificant that you would not even realize unless you compare them side by side. In the end, in my opinion, your decision to select one TV over another would rather depend on your budget, personal brand preference and your usage like gaming than any other technical details.
Now if you are talking about Sony A90J then there is something unique that this TV offers you. It has a heat sink on the back that dissipates heat which allows the TV to become super bright. W/o that the TV would risk the longevity of its screen and it would be prone to image retention, at least in theory.
Thanks.

Thanks a ton, @Indranil Sen-da
There you go, @Maddy_R... He just saved you a few hours of side-by-side. :D

My personal points, inline here:
The Sony A80J TV is offering a relatively high discount and that's why it feels like the price difference between it and LG G1 is significant. But the base price is very similar with LG G1 costs $100 more.
In India, Sony's really gone gonzo in 2021, wants to kinda match LG prices. Guess it must be the effect of having to sit in the sidelines for the past five years and see rival sets fly off the shelves.
When I compared them side by side back in the month of June I liked Sony for the following reasons
1. The picture looked sharper and clearer
2. Colour on Sony TV looked relatively more accurate than LG TV
Can vouch for these two points, but to each his own.
3. I do not do gaming at all which is a core strength of any LG TV
Completely agree. In fact, it was when I realised I don't want any gaming features that I started turning towards the Sonys.
However as I stated previously these differences were so insignificant that you would not even realize unless you compare them side by side. In the end, in my opinion, your decision to select one TV over another would rather depend on your budget, personal brand preference and your usage like gaming than any other technical details.
I'd still suggest you get that cuppa and sit and compare the sets for yourself.
Request the showroom to put them up side-by-side panels and play the same content. Take the remote. Pause, rewind, experiment with the main settings (Picture mode and Motion settings are very important to your own eye) and experience it for yourself.
You'll get more than a fair idea.
Wishing you the best.
Now if you are talking about Sony A90J then there is something unique that this TV offers you. It has a heat sink on the back that dissipates heat which allows the TV to become super bright. W/o that the TV would risk the longevity of its screen and it would be prone to image retention, at least in theory.
Thanks.
Sony's a B*ch to not have gotten this to India.
Maybe 2022, let's hope.

Congratulations Priyesh!!! Now if you are serious about getting the best out of your TV then you might consider following.
1. After the TV settles down for 100 hrs or so calibrate it with Spears and Munsil UHD HDR Benchmark calibration disk.
2. Use really good quality HDMI cables and it makes a big difference in the picture quality. I use Audioquest Vodka 48 HDMI cable and it is quite good.
3. If the TV allows using a separate power cable which it should then get an aftermarket power cable based on your budget. You don't have to spend crazy money on the power cable as some of us do in the 2 channel audio but the stock power cable that comes with the TV needs to be replaced. I use an entry level Nordost Blue Heaven power cable for my A80J but any good quality power cable would work
4. I don't know the power situation at your end but having a good quality AC power supply helps any electronics in your A/V chain.

You don't have to do all these upgrades at once. If you take care of the AC power cable and the HDMI cables then you would be off to a great start.
Again enjoy your new LG OLED 4K G1 TV which is one of the best OLED models in 2021.
Hi, I gotta power cable that's replaceable. Could you help with how it helps?

Thanks a ton, @Indranil Sen-da
There you go, @Maddy_R... He just saved you a few hours of side-by-side. :D

My personal points, inline here:

In India, Sony's really gone gonzo in 2021, wants to kinda match LG prices. Guess it must be the effect of having to sit in the sidelines for the past five years and see rival sets fly off the shelves.

Can vouch for these two points, but to each his own.

Completely agree. In fact, it was when I realised I don't want any gaming features that I started turning towards the Sonys.

I'd still suggest you get that cuppa and sit and compare the sets for yourself.
Request the showroom to put them up side-by-side panels and play the same content. Take the remote. Pause, rewind, experiment with the main settings (Picture mode and Motion settings are very important to your own eye) and experience it for yourself.
You'll get more than a fair idea.
Wishing you the best.

Sony's a B*ch to not have gotten this to India.
Maybe 2022, let's hope.
@Indranil Sen - thanks man, that helps to understand the pricing structure. I did think the sony did look a tad better, but as you said its quite hard to figure that out unless you put them side by side. Thanks again will go and have a look later today.

@k-pad - thanks to you as well and you guys did indeed save me plenty of time and hopefully our dealer can give us a reasonable deal for the Tv's. and for the gaming part, been trying to get a hand on PS5 and seems like forever !

Hi , which extended warranty is recommended? Does onsitego covers burn in warranty? Onsitego on Amazon is costing approx 18k. Is it a good price?

Hi, I gotta power cable that's replaceable. Could you help with how it helps?
there is no benefit. Save your money. I am flabbergasted by tall claims especially with regards to power cables. How is the 1 meter going to affect the power when 100s of km of power line coming to your home is the same.

Hi , which extended warranty is recommended? Does onsitego covers burn in warranty? Onsitego on Amazon is costing approx 18k. Is it a good price?
No point. Save your money. LG is already giving a 3 year warranty this holiday season.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back