DELHI PRICE :- OLED LG G1 for 2.2L and SONY A80J 2.2L inclusive of 12500 HDFC CC cashback

Hi, I gotta power cable that's replaceable. Could you help with how it helps?
Hello,
A well made power cable improves the performance of any electronics and TV is certainly no exception. It comes with a better shielding to filter out EM/RF interferences, has better connectors. Sometimes manufacturers add filters/conditioners in these cables to further improve the performance of the component that it connects to. In my experience any source component benefits the most when it is connected to a well made power cable. The effect of a good power cable is significant in the audio domain especially with high-end source components. For TVs a good power cable definitely improves its performance but to the extent you are able to experience that would depend on several factors, the quality of the TV being the most significant one. If you bought a run-of-the-mill LCD TV then it wouldn’t make any sense to spend that extra buck on the power cable but here we are talking about two top OLED TV models that are significantly better than other TVs in their category, Given their quality build and performance it would be worth spending that extra buck in cables to get the best out of your TV. It‘s like buying a mercedes-benz car and buying the best tires for the car…
If there is a way to demo a good power cable in your house then you could very easily do A/B comparison and then let your experience drive the decision to go for the power cable or not.
what I said about the power cable is also true for HDMI cables that you intend to use with the TV.
Another significant power upgrade would be to get a Linear Power Supply for your cable box. But that‘s a topic for another day.
In the end, I must say that none of these items are absolutely must on day-1. After you are used to the TV with all stock cables that came with it, you could start upgrading the cables sequentially as your budget permits.
Hope that helps…

Hello,
A well made power cable improves the performance of any electronics and TV is certainly no exception. It comes with a better shielding to filter out EM/RF interferences, has better connectors. Sometimes manufacturers add filters/conditioners in these cables to further improve the performance of the component that it connects to. In my experience any source component benefits the most when it is connected to a well made power cable. The effect of a good power cable is significant in the audio domain especially with high-end source components. For TVs a good power cable definitely improves its performance but to the extent you are able to experience that would depend on several factors, the quality of the TV being the most significant one. If you bought a run-of-the-mill LCD TV then it wouldn’t make any sense to spend that extra buck on the power cable but here we are talking about two top OLED TV models that are significantly better than other TVs in their category, Given their quality build and performance it would be worth spending that extra buck in cables to get the best out of your TV. It‘s like buying a mercedes-benz car and buying the best tires for the car…
If there is a way to demo a good power cable in your house then you could very easily do A/B comparison and then let your experience drive the decision to go for the power cable or not.
what I said about the power cable is also true for HDMI cables that you intend to use with the TV.
Another significant power upgrade would be to get a Linear Power Supply for your cable box. But that‘s a topic for another day.
In the end, I must say that none of these items are absolutely must on day-1. After you are used to the TV with all stock cables that came with it, you could start upgrading the cables sequentially as your budget permits.
Hope that helps…
Do you have any data to back your claims that a one meter power cable can influence the performance of a TV (and specifically this TV)?

Hello codwapeace- No I don't have any technical data to share with you. What I shared with you all is my personal experience. I have compared the performance of Sony A80J in my house using the stock power cable and the Nordost Blue Heaven power cable and the difference was significant. I know this could be a very controversial topic and that is why I always ask folks to try first, compare the performance and they go for the purchase decision.

The wires in the wall are going to stay the same quality though, and I don't think they are better than the cables that come with the TVs

Hello codwapeace- No I don't have any technical data to share with you. What I shared with you all is my personal experience. I have compared the performance of Sony A80J in my house using the stock power cable and the Nordost Blue Heaven power cable and the difference was significant. I know this could be a very controversial topic and that is why I always ask folks to try first, compare the performance and they go for the purchase decision.
All the signals in these TVs are digital. There is no way a power cable can make a difference to picture quality. It is most likely confirmation bias or “because it is more expensive it must be better.“ I think you should save your money in the future and spend that money on a better component. If the difference in power cables were perceptible, why wouldn’t the manufacturers use the better cable. The current through the power cable is less than 2 amp. A Rs 10 per meter cable will work as well as 2000 or 2 lac per meter gold cable.

Power cables are the biggest snake oil. I thought only audio had snake oils. I see that snakes are creeping into video as well.

Hello,
Hope that helps…
Thank you. Will run as is for a few weeks and see if i can borrow something and give it a shot.

All the signals in these TVs are digital. There is no way a power cable can make a difference to picture quality. It is most likely confirmation bias or “because it is more expensive it must be better.“ I think you should save your money in the future and spend that money on a better component. If the difference in power cables were perceptible, why wouldn’t the manufacturers use the better cable. The current through the power cable is less than 2 amp. A Rs 10 per meter cable will work as well as 2000 or 2 lac per meter gold cable.

Power cables are the biggest snake oil. I thought only audio had snake oils. I see that snakes are creeping into video as well.
Haha, I see this topic is same as speaker cables...
As I said, gonna borrow something first and give it a try.
Will share my experience and my opinion when I get to it.
Thank you.

Haha, I see this topic is same as speaker cables...
As I said, gonna borrow something first and give it a try.
Will share my experience and my opinion when I get to it.
Thank you.
Talk about speaker cable or any cable for that matter you would see this same reaction in the audiophile or videophile community. The issue is that there is no technical test suit/data available to benchmark electronics or cables in the way we see or hear it. For example many amplifiers have exactly the same specification but they all sound very different. You wouldn’t understand that difference unless you try them in your room. As long as you try these items in your system there are no snakes in the room and your hands are also not wet with any dirty oil. Of course this is my opinion and I don’t have an issue with anyone having a different viewpoint in this regard.
‘Enjoy you TV.

Talk about speaker cable or any cable for that matter you would see this same reaction in the audiophile or videophile community. The issue is that there is no technical test suit/data available to benchmark electronics or cables in the way we see or hear it.
Of course! Which is why I appreciate the fact that you added the caveat - "no need to do anything right now, enjoy TV, and try it out later. IF *you* want to."
For example many amplifiers have exactly the same specification but they all sound very different. You wouldn’t understand that difference unless you try them in your room. As long as you try these items in your system there are no snakes in the room and your hands are also not wet with any dirty oil. Of course this is my opinion and I don’t have an issue with anyone having a different viewpoint in this regard.
:D
Again, as I said, am gonna borrow a better spec cable after a few months and try it out. Why I said that was cos I do have a friend who tries all these things and always has some high end stuff lying around. So, I do have a means of testing different stuff - whether I can find a scientific method to compare them is another matter, but will defo give it a shot.

‘Enjoy you TV.
Trust me, I am :D

Got myself LG GX 65 inches for ~1.66L inclusive of 12500 HDFC CC cash back.

Also got makemytrip vouchers and LG tone FN6.

If anyone wanting to buy G1 already have a deal negotiated for 2L inclusive of cash back.

Serious buyers LMK!
Can make the connect.
Please connect me , i hope diwali offers are even better now

Hey Guys - Ordered 65 A80J , awaiting delivery today. Got it at 2.125 @ Croma Chennai including cash back. Hopefully will get the delivery today and gets installed soonish.

Between a big thank you to @k-pad and @Indranil Sen and other forum members for sharing information about their purchase. Also please do share which HDMI cables will suit us best and which we can get here in India :) so i shall try to pick one up today.

Looking forward !!!

Hey Guys - Ordered 65 A80J , awaiting delivery today. Got it at 2.125 @ Croma Chennai including cash back. Hopefully will get the delivery today and gets installed soonish.

Between a big thank you to @k-pad and @Indranil Sen and other forum members for sharing information about their purchase. Also please do share which HDMI cables will suit us best and which we can get here in India :) so i shall try to pick one up today.

Looking forward !!!
Congratulations for the new TV!!! Just a quick note on the picture settings...Use custom setting from the preset picture settings menu, switch off the auto dimmer functionality and you would be off to a great start. You can calibrate the TV after 100 hrs or so when it settles in.
For HDMI cable, try looking for Audioquest cables if they are available in India.

https://www.allhomeliving.com/product/audioquest-pearl-4k-hdmi-cable/

Thanks.

Looking forward !!!
Please don't mention, mate!
Amazing price. Enjoy the TV :D

Looking forward !!!
This is a great price. Croma usually does not negotiate much. This price 2.125 is like the best you can get for A80J in its product life cycle in these parts of the country.

Had the TV for a week now and its amazing and dont feel brightness is an issue , probably more so because i watch most of my content late in the evening or night ! Enjoyed watching movies like Interstellar or one of those cool underwater 4K free diving content .

the HD upscaling is quite brilliant with a tata sky box. and enjoyed watching the world cup matches even though india aint doing great :) thought it would be more pixalated given my seating is only about 5-6 feet from the screen.

Had a glitch with the wifi / bluetooth on the TV and looks like a hardware issue but sony has promised a replacement set by this week !

Had the TV for a week now and its amazing and dont feel brightness is an issue , probably more so because i watch most of my content late in the evening or night ! Enjoyed watching movies like Interstellar or one of those cool underwater 4K free diving content .

the HD upscaling is quite brilliant with a tata sky box. and enjoyed watching the world cup matches even though india aint doing great :) thought it would be more pixalated given my seating is only about 5-6 feet from the screen.

Had a glitch with the wifi / bluetooth on the TV and looks like a hardware issue but sony has promised a replacement set by this week !
Hello Madhu,
Glad to know that you are enjoying the Sony A80J OLED TV. I never found brightness to be an issue as I use the TV to mostly watch movies in a relatively darker environment. Sony really nailed down the picture/colour aspect with its XR processor and if you are able to adjust the brightness of this TV in a low light environment then you would experience the true power of this OLED screen technology. If you haven’t already watched then try the movie The Greatest Showman of Hugh Jackman in 4K. You may or may not like the movie but its 4K presentation is exceptional. I am not a videophile but I do appreciate what this technology brings to the table after Plasma. I bought this TV, earlier this summer, after using a top of the line Samsung Plasma TV for almost 10-12 years. I have no hesitation to say (my opinion) that after Plasma, OLED technology is the best screen technology currently available in the market.
Next year Samsung would launch the new hybrid screen technology QD OLED or Quantum OLED which would improve on the colour gamut and also be a little brighter but for me and for my usage I would be happy with the current OLED technology for many more years to come…

I am stuck between the A80J and LG G1. Im getting the G1 for around 2.4L including the soundbar. The A80J im getting for around 2L. Is the GX sound bar and the panel worth 40k ?

Back