Dell vs HP vs Lenovo?

You can watch CNBC AWAAZ tech guru of this week(watched yesterday) where 15 laptops were reviewed , Asus lappys were very much appreciated.

If i'll have enough money like oligarch and If i'll afford a solid gold Rolex Submarinar ,I'll prefer Panasonic Toughbook

The Tiger-Resistant Laptop - Forbes.com

"Or so we thought. We put a bullet through the laptop. Then we booted it up. We were able to log in. Our test file was still there. The screen had a hole in it, but was still usable.

Spooky. Panasonic has built a laptop that was starting to look more like Grigori Rasputin than James Bond. It took cyanide, a stabbing, a beating and four bullets before the Russian mystic was finally drowned in the icy River Neva. Anyone got some holy water?

Don't call the Toughbook the anti-Christ, however; call it the anti-netbook. Panasonic's customers, typically cops and firefighters, the military and businesses want to keep their ownership costs low over the entire lifetime of their gear. No matter what."

Well, I have laptops of both companies.(2 Dell and 1 HP)

I would say Dell is unmatched..
Battery performance is way beyond any other company(In terms of back up n in most of d cases). But its also true that u can't rely upon them (They got 6 months warranty). I have changed battery of my Dell lattitude D830 after one year of use(costed me INR 5557 ). I had 3 yrs of warranty for lapy. My Dell Inspiron 1525 is working perfectly (with 1 yr warranty :p).

Regarding HP, from my personal n my friends' experiences , I would say , I'll never ever recommend it to anyone.

About service, the service provided by Dell is unmatched. My Lattitude's charger went off due to some electrical problem at my home. I called them at around 5.30 PM on Monday. Got a new one at around 11 on Tuesday. I don't know about Apple's service. But apart from that I can say not a single company can match the service provided by DELL.
P.S.- Avail all these facilities from Dell when the lapy is under warranty. After that the situation becomes reverse (Personal experience).

From my 3 yrs of experiences with these 3 laptops I would strongly recommend to purchase Dell. Great VFM...

ALL WHAT I HAVE MENTIONED IS FROM MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WITH THE LAPTOPS. THE CASE MAY BE IN SOME DIFFERENT WAY WITH OTHERS ToO..
:cool:

a normal life of pc or laptop is considered 4 yrs... so we get 1 yr warranty and we can but additional 3yrs warranty..

after 4 yrs the pc n laptop will be too old technology to be used..

does assembling a laptop rings a bell ??

Assembled laptops are costlier than branded ones.

There are quite a few shops in US that will sell chassis + batteries + body and you can even put a desktop HDD (at cost of battery life).

But that costs approx 900 USD (as compred to 600 for similar config from Dell/ HP).

a normal life of pc or laptop is considered 4 yrs... so we get 1 yr warranty and we can but additional 3yrs warranty..

after 4 yrs the pc n laptop will be too old technology to be used..

does assembling a laptop rings a bell ??

Pls check as 3 yrs warentee means 1+ 2 years extension.

So anyone offering 4 Yrs then that is great...

If I am not mistaken HP does not offer this extension.

can you point out dell part no.or hp part no.please?

okie m back chkd the details... as of now what dell is offering is max three years.. it used to be 4 years ...when i was back with them and the same with hp as well..

now here if we buy three y warranty we are actually paying for 1st yr warranty as well
tats free...

so lets get the system with an year warranty and according to dell policy
the max warranty can be given on a system is for 4 years( as i stated before)

so before the 12months of the warranty runs out u can extend it for another 3 years..

i spoke to one of my friend who still there.. he continued after i left dell..

so get what we get free for an year (onsite warranty).. then extend it..

some more insider news frm dell.. cant speak here (pm me).. will let u knw the tweaks.. (and how to get the max out of ur dell) ..lolz

I am a very happy HP customer.

Its more than 4 years old and is used by my wife regularly.
Apart from battery replacement, never required any service at all :)

I am using a Lenovo from my company, and in last 2 years it has been replaced 4 times for various reasons.

I have no experience with Dell / Toshiba and others.

My next lappy will surely be HP.

Guys - recently on CNBC they undertook a review of a set of laptops - while i missed much of the show, the conclusion was that the best home / office PC (non multimedia) was an Acer whereas the best multimedia laptop was a Lenovo Ideapad.

Did any of you catch that show? any thoughts on their thoughts?

Being in computer and components business plus servicing of various laptops I would rate HP to be the worst build quality . The most no. of dead motherboards and LCD screens are from HP . The battery quality and heating issue is also a bad thing . The business laptops from HP are definitely of a better quality , but they mostly use the intel chipsets . The Nvidia chipsets and graphic accelerators are definitely to be avoided . just try typing HP laptop and Nvidia on google and see the results for yourself .

Coming to DELL , not a real great VFM as Dell laptops are inherently costlier than the same config from ACER , LENOVO ,Fujitsu , Gateway , eMachines etc . They are costly by atleast 20-30 % for similar models .

Batteries are manufactured by a few companies . Generally the sanyo made ones are quite good in terms of performance and do last reasonably well .

Fujitsu laptops are excellent , their design is excellent and they are still made in japan and germany . The pricing of these laptops have been more realistic and I am surprised that they are cheaper than the dell .

Sony, samsung , LG laptops are OK , if you are looking for a particular feature or a low priced laptop .

Even though I deal with all brands , I love the APPLE ones for sure . My heart goes with them .

Guys - recently on CNBC they undertook a review of a set of laptops - while i missed much of the show, the conclusion was that the best home / office PC (non multimedia) was an Acer whereas the best multimedia laptop was a Lenovo Ideapad.

Did any of you catch that show? any thoughts on their thoughts?

what do you intend to use the laptop for?

The best quality wintel laptops that have served me well Lenovo and Asus. If you are looking to buy business laptops (components are slightly better with a few limiting features), then HP/Compaq is also a good candidate. I dont have experience with Acer but I can vouch for the above 3.

Toshiba was the worst of the lot due to overheating and ultimately killing the MB.

A 1.5 year old thread brought back to life but I'll bite nonetheless...

Any experience with Samsung laptops? Not exactly inexpensive but loaded to the eyeballs with features.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back