Demoed Denon and Polk today - need advice

Hi friends,
I am very very new to the forum, though i have been following it for last few months. I am more or less in the same boat as Argho. Could somebody please post the prices( official) of 1610 and diamond 10.1 (5.1 with 150SW) seperately. Also I am being offered diamond 9.5 with 9.CS, DFS and 150SW for around 65K in Ahmedabad. While I think it is extremely bloated, I have no reference to bargain with the dealer. I liked the sound very much but cant afford it at that price.:eek:. Will be much obliged .

Official price of Denon 1610 is ~ Rs 30K.
You can see the price on the ProFX site : Profx - Advanced Audio Solutions

I think the Diamond 10.1 costs around Rs 15k for a pair.

If you are buying the 1610, why not buy the Polk RM705 5.1 speaker set. Should get them together for around Rs 50K.

Denon 1610 - MRP 29.5k
Denon 1910 - MRP 45k
WH Diamond 100.1 - MRP 15k

Wharfedale pricelist is attached in the following thread
http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater-box/4886-please-help-buying-home-theatre-2.html

Raghav

Hi friends,
I am very very new to the forum, though i have been following it for last few months. I am more or less in the same boat as Argho. Could somebody please post the prices( official) of 1610 and diamond 10.1 (5.1 with 150SW) seperately. Also I am being offered diamond 9.5 with 9.CS, DFS and 150SW for around 65K in Ahmedabad. While I think it is extremely bloated, I have no reference to bargain with the dealer. I liked the sound very much but cant afford it at that price.:eek:. Will be much obliged .

Last edited:
I was just quoting the official MRP. You can get it as low as 31k in grey market. Thats the lowest I have found. Deciding between 1910/1019.

Also looking at goo deals of last year's higher models(Pioneer Elite, Marantz 5003).;)

Raghav

Someone got 1910 for very good price 36k? from Blore reported on this forum.

Guys,

After reading review after review on the net, am tilting more and more towards the 2310.

Tell me, is this a completely mismatched setup (ie the speakers don't match the receiver) :

- Denon 2310 AVR
- Polk RTi A1 fronts
- Polk RM705 5.1 package for centre, surronds and sub

Pls let me know what you think.

Official price of Denon 1610 is ~ Rs 30K.
You can see the price on the ProFX site : Profx - Advanced Audio Solutions

I think the Diamond 10.1 costs around Rs 15k for a pair.

If you are buying the 1610, why not buy the Polk RM705 5.1 speaker set. Should get them together for around Rs 50K.

Thanks Argho, I did audition TSi 100. Didnt find them as mellifluos as diamonds. I have liked every diamond that I heard. (9., 9.1, 9.2, 9.5) I am not feeling too sure about polks. Though the dealer has asked me not to make my decision till i have heard Tsi 300. I am waiting for his call. There is also a Klipsch F1 that I heard and liked. But i think it will be easier to live with wharfs. I am prepared to strrrecth my budget a bit.:rolleyes: (Could be the most used sentence on the forum)

Guys,

Just to let you know that I finally bit the bullet and bought :
- Denon 1910
- Polk RTi A1 (as fronts)
- Polk RM 705 5.1 package (for center, surrounds and sub)

Cost :
Denon 1910 40 K
Polk RTi A1 14.5 K
Polk RM 705 22.5 K
----------------------------
Total Rs 77 K from ProFX Chennai.

Thoughts so far :

- Menus / setup is complicated

- Am not yet seeing the benefit / difference in the upscaling vis-a-vis what my TV does on its own (I have a Samsung 50 inch plasma)
- Performance for movies is simply awesome. Dialogue is crystal clear. In action sequences, the power of the amp is spectacular. Scary.
- Music : average. Clear but nothing special. Was looking for a little warmer sound. Did I go wrong in my choice of fronts ?

This is just the first evening. So initial thoughts.
I have a lot of reading to do - Batpig's site, the manual etc, and experimentation. I get the feeling that as I understand the settings better, I will be able to tweak the sound more to my liking (for music).

The range of possible settings seems limitless.

Many thanks to all here who helped me along with advice and reccomendations.

Last edited:
Guys,

Just to let you know that I finally bit the bullet and bought :
- Denon 1910
- Polk RTi A1 (as fronts)
- Polk RM 705 5.1 package (for center, surrounds and sub)

Hi,

I guess the RTi A1 is a bookshelf speaker, and are you sure you want to use a bookshelf as your fronts. may be you could also consider the A5 as your fronts.

cheers

Hi,

I guess the RTi A1 is a bookshelf speaker, and are you sure you want to use a bookshelf as your fronts. may be you could also consider the A5 as your fronts.

cheers

I had to work within 2 constraints :
- Budget
- Size/amt of equipment I could put in the living room

I was quite clear that I wanted small/cube speakers for surround.

I did consider floorstanders for fronts, but :
- they were expensive
- they would have been too much of a mismatch with tiny surrounds.

Still settling in with this setup.
Hope I have made the right choices.

My congrats on your new system Argho. I think most people eventually start liking the choices they made even if there are initial doubts. that is unless there are some major issues invloved. Though some people retain objectivity and become valuable to forums like this one. Moreover they say on the forum that Polks require to be broken to sound right. So i guess you have to be patient. Thanks for that input on upscaling capabilities of 1910 vs the television. i was getting mixed inputs and wasnt certain either way. That was the only reason why I wanted to consider 1910 over 1610. I am yet to take the plunge. I will take my decision only after i have heard diamond 10.1. they should be available next week here (ahmedabad).

I had to work within 2 constraints :
- Budget
- Size/amt of equipment I could put in the living room

I was quite clear that I wanted small/cube speakers for surround.

I did consider floorstanders for fronts, but :
- they were expensive
- they would have been too much of a mismatch with tiny surrounds.

Still settling in with this setup.
Hope I have made the right choices.

Hi,

Speaker size is definitely a choice to be considered while setting up
your HT sys. Immaterial of the size of the room I would like to have small speakers and for the same reasons I was planning to go with BOSE, nice compact design, but way too costly for the SQ. And later I came across these speakers from SPACE, which is exact replica of BOSE design and almost available at 1/2 it's price. SQ was descent enough.

Anyways, congrats on your purchase......ENJOY!!!!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back