Denon 1311Xp vs Onkyo HTs3300

Hey Folks,

Denon AVR -1311 is quoted 25k in profx...try to bargain with them he should give you 10-15% discount.

And about the performance Denon Beats Onkoy definitely. I have paired it up with Wharfedale Vardus tower speakers and denon drives it Perfectly well..

@sandeep27 here you are talking only about the av receiver or the comlete package with the speakers..i asked at av vision and they quoted 38,000 including shipping and installation!

Hi guys,
My first post here.
I have been a passive observer here for quite some time.

I recently decided to upgrade my viewing and listening experience at home.
So upgraded my old CRT telly and brought a Samsung 40 inch series 6 LCD.(has an optical out)

For the HT, i did quite a few auditions viz. the JBL 133/134, Klipsh, jamo.
The latter 2 didnt not fit in my budget which made my choice veer towards the JBL which i did not like so much.

My primary needs are movies and gaming on PS3. While music is very little. I am not that much into punchy bass as well.

Yesterday I also auditioned the Onkyo HT3300. It was pretty good.
But to add to my woes I auditioned the Denon Xp1311Xp which was really way above the onkyo.

Now, I am really confused as I do not want to raise my budget by 15k (denon - 40k, onkyo - 25k). especially if i decide to change the houses or decide to upgrade.

Also my room is 10ft x 20 ft with provisions for speakers made at the 4 extremes corners of the room, near the ceiling. I have my doubt about the utility of the rear speakers at this height especially while my seating position is almost in the middle.

My head says onkyo (also my wallet) but my heart says denon. please advice?

All replies are welcome.

Rgds
Wolfbane/Abhishek

Hi,

You can check out on the price for denon 1311 with Boomerang fort branch tele 22616511, 12

homiyar

Just spoke to a dealer in Mumbai.
He is ready to give the Denon 1311XP for 36K without installation while the Onkyo HT3300 is quoted at 23k.

@Sandeep27, the wharfdale diamond 9.2 looks tempting if i decide on an upgrade path.

Where can i audition these speakers? Any link which gives their approximate prices?

@borg, where have you placed your rear speakers? Mine will be a bit of a problem as I have got wire connections just below the ceiling at the rear end of the room.
How does it perform (the O HT3300) in real life terms, meaning mp3 and Cable STB/DTH Stb etc?

woflbane which dealer are you talking about!! please share the details with me. Pros fx is ready to give Denon 1311 xp avr for 22000 while the speakers have to be separate!!

Just spoke to a dealer in Mumbai.
He is ready to give the Denon 1311XP for 36K without installation while the Onkyo HT3300 is quoted at 23k.

@Sandeep27, the wharfdale diamond 9.2 looks tempting if i decide on an upgrade path.

Where can i audition these speakers? Any link which gives their approximate prices?

@borg, where have you placed your rear speakers? Mine will be a bit of a problem as I have got wire connections just below the ceiling at the rear end of the room.
How does it perform (the O HT3300) in real life terms, meaning mp3 and Cable STB/DTH Stb etc?

Wolfbane can you give the number of the dealer who is offering 1311 for 36k. i spoke to profx in mumbai and they are giving 1311 avr for 22.5k with no speakers. another dealer is giving 1311 with the sepaker packages including warranty and installation for 37.5 k..i was all for onkyo 3300 but am fallling for 1311 more now...need the dealers no :)

Hello all
Its nice to read so many good advice from you all. Am also stuck in the middle of choosing between Onkyo HT3300 and Denon 1311XP (HTIB package). My room is 12X12 and I would like to have very good sound clarity when watching movies (specially dialogues) and surround sound. Also I love music and would like to have decent speaker quality.

I have LG LCD 32" with 1 PS3 and 1 DVD player which I will connect using HDMI to AVR.

in future when I get a 3D tv i would like to leverage 3D output of the AVR.

Hence I would like to know whether to go for Denon-1311XP and later upgrade to stereo speakers or Go for Onkyo HT3300 and later upgrade to stereo speakers.

which option do you think is best considering very good sound quality. I do not mind spending 10K for better sound quality and additional benefits

Kindly advice

Thanks
Amith

Folks, I have heard the 1311 a number of times and have to say the following:

1. It is 5.1 system and cannot be expanded to 7.1
2. The amplifier has a stated output of 75 watts (into 8 Ohms) and 110 watts into 6 ohms.

Ideally this amplifier should be paired with very small speakers - such as sub/satellite system. The speakers should have high sensitivity and be easily drive-able.

I have seen the 1311 struggle many times when connected to large speakers and even bookshelves. Though the amp is good, pair it with speakers carefully.

Cheers

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back