DENON AVR-X3300 vs Marantz SR-5011?

noblejose

Hello dear FM,

I'm planning to upgrade my AVR, need a decent one with front L/R pre-outs.
My research filtered down to these two AVR - DENON AVR-X3300 and Marantz SR-5011.

The major difference I find between these two are: Audyssey (XT32 with sub EQ HT on DENON, where there is only Audyssey MultEQ XT in Marantz). Will that make a huge difference??. I am clueless here as I'm currently on a basic Onkyo without any room correction.

I'm planning to take the front pre-out to feed my Marantz Stereo amp (power amp direct in); so, I don't need to switch speakers.

Thanks a lot for your inputs and suggestions.
Have a nice weekend!
-Noble

My research filtered down to these two AVR - DENON AVR-X3300 and Marantz SR-5011.
Not quite a fair comparison since the AVR-X3300 is the Denon version of the Marantz SR-6011 (next model up from the Marantz SR-5011). Given the two choices you mentioned, I would go for the Denon AVR-X3300, mostly for the better room correction (XT32 is excellent).

Not quite a fair comparison since the AVR-X3300 is the Denon version of the Marantz SR-6011 (next model up from the Marantz SR-5011). Given the two choices you mentioned, I would go for the Denon AVR-X3300, mostly for the better room correction (XT32 is excellent).

Denon 3300 is 7.2 compared to marantz 6011 which is 9.2

Also 3300 is the right match to SR5011 as the 2300 is low on current
Anyways,i would prefer Marantz as its much sweeter.And does great job for movies

Hello dear FM,

I'm planning to upgrade my AVR, need a decent one with front L/R pre-outs.

The major difference I find between these two are: Audyssey (XT32 with sub EQ HT on DENON, where there is only Audyssey MultEQ XT in Marantz). Will that make a huge difference??. I am clueless here as I'm currently on a basic Onkyo without any room correction.

Denon X 3300, as it has Audyssey XT32 and Sub EQ HT, this will help to EQ subs with different capacities per your room response during calibration.

I'm planning to take the front pre-out to feed my Marantz Stereo amp (power amp direct in); so, I don't need to switch speakers.

Thanks a lot for your inputs and suggestions.
Have a nice weekend!
-Noble

I understand you want to use two different speakers with the AVR..In that case you can connect Marantz PM7004 to Zone2 pre-out on the x3300 and not to the front L/R pre-outs..

Denon X 3300, as it has Audyssey XT32 and Sub EQ HT, this will help to EQ subs with different capacities per your room response during calibration.

I understand you want to use two different speakers with the AVR..In that case you can connect Marantz PM7004 to Zone2 pre-out on the x3300 and not to the front L/R pre-outs..

Slight confusion there - I don't want connection to two different speakers; I've upgraded my fronts to KEF R300s and R200c.

R300s are connected to my PM7004 stereo amp; I can avoid speaker switching, if I can take front L/R pre-out from AVR to stereo amp.
Planning to get a good active sub in an year or so.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Slight confusion there - I don't want connection to two different speakers; I've upgraded my fronts to KEF R300s and R200c.

R300s are connected to my PM7004 stereo amp; I can avoid speaker switching, if I can take front L/R pre-out from AVR to stereo amp.
Planning to get a good active sub in an year or so.

Thanks a lot!
It's a good thinking, but I'm afraid that that option or not, for connecting front speakers. Normally the preout will be done for zone 2. Please have a check. I'm not sure

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back